The Republican Party: The Party of White Supremacy - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@late

late wrote:Basically, I agree with you, but Biden's experience as a senator is helping him do things I did not think possible. If he can protect voting rights, he's close to FDR territory, meaning one of the best.

I agree with you. Biden also illustrates how experience in any given field matters a lot. However, we will see if Biden can rack up enough accomplishments to rank up there close to FDR territory.
I think people make a mistake when they see or characterize the racist Tea Party Trumpistas as some extreme fringe of the Republicans.

These people have not only kicked Cheney out, but also have passed some serious laws as well as keeping Gaetz out of jail for his whole sex with minors thing.

They are the power in the party right now. The racists are ruling the Republicans.
late wrote:
Biden is going to get a bipartisan infrastructure bill, that's a pretty big win.

I expect a lot of things are going to get added to the upcoming reconciliation bill, like voting rights.

Basically, I agree with you, but Biden's experience as a senator is helping him do things I did not think possible. If he can protect voting rights, he's close to FDR territory, meaning one of the best.

'Voting' is *internal* to the bourgeois U.S. nation-state. Of course I support it, but it only pertains to the rules-of-the-game, and not the game itself.

How *this* one going -- ?

The Protecting the Right to Organize Act, or PRO Act, is a proposed United States law that would amend previous labor laws such as the National Labor Relations Act, for the purpose of expanding "various labor protections related to employees' rights to organize and collectively bargain in the workplace". It would prevent employers from holding mandatory meetings for the purpose of counteracting labor organization, and would strengthen the legal right of employees to join a labor union. The bill would also permit labor unions to encourage secondary strikes. The PRO Act would weaken "right-to-work" laws, which exist in 27 U.S. states. It would allow the National Labor Relations Board to fine employers for violations of labor law, and would provide compensation to employees involved in such cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectin ... ganize_Act
@Pants-of-dog

I absolutely agree Pants-of-dog. Hence, why the republican party today is the party of white supremacy. Trump's influence might start to wane a little bit, but they are still the party of white supremacy given the actions of most of the people in their base. Racism is the mainstream in the republican party, not a fringe element.
late wrote:
Basically, I agree with you, but Biden's experience as a senator is helping him do things I did not think possible. If he can protect voting rights, he's close to FDR territory, meaning one of the best.

Politics_Observer wrote:
@late

I agree with you. Biden also illustrates how experience in any given field matters a lot. However, we will see if Biden can rack up enough accomplishments to rank up there close to FDR territory.

I really don't see why there's so much knee-jerk triumphalism around FDR -- he *used* reforms as a way to forestall *revolution*, and allowed the use of *much* force by the authorities:

---

Roosevelt liked the idea of the CIO campaigning for him in elections, but he was not prepared to upset capitalists who also supported him. This was shown dramatically late in 1937, when Lewis undertook the biggest organising drive yet—in the steel industry. The CIO appointed 433 full time and part time organisers, working from 35 regional offices. In the aftermath of the GM strike many steel companies recognised the steel organising committee as a union, without much participation by the new union members. But the big firms refused to do so, and in late May the organising committee called a strike involving 75,000 workers. The companies responded with all the ferocity they had shown in the 1919 steel strike. They attacked the picket lines with ‘company thugs, deputies, police and the National Guard… There were 18 strikers slaughtered, scores wounded, hundreds arrested’.231 The organising committee had not prepared workers for such an onslaught because it had put its faith in Democratic Party governors and mayors showing sympathy to the organising drive. It ‘told workers that all the “New Deal” public officials were “labour’s friends”, and that the strikers should “welcome” the National Guards, state troopers and police sent to “keep order”.’ 232 The workers were thoroughly demoralised when these ‘friends’ attacked them with clubs and bullets. In Pennsylvania the first Democratic governor for 44 years declared martial law in the steel town of Johnstown. State troopers reopened the factory, restricting the number of pickets to six, and herded ever-greater numbers of scabs into the plant. In Youngstown, Ohio, where there was also a Democratic governor, deputies shot two pickets dead. In Chicago police sent in by the Democratic mayor killed ten strikers. When CIO leaders looked to Roosevelt for help he declared, ‘A plague on both your houses’.233 The biggest organising drive was broken just as the economy began to plunge downwards into renewed slump.

Harman, _People's History of the World_, p. 516
@ckaihatsu

Well, I am not a communist revolutionary and most Americans aren't though at the time I am sure the elite here in the U.S. were afraid of a communist revolution given it's spread at the time in other parts of the globe and the economic hardships of the Great Depression.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking: Republicans are racist.

May I add "in a wrong way".

I actually see Anglo-Saxon doing better in establishing democracy and free societies among themselves, or sometimes* among other nations and races, than most if not all other races.

Most other (especially non-European) countries are authoritarian stinkholes.

The achievement of the Whites comes when they do not assert themselves.

*: Japan, Taiwan and South Korea successfully transformed into free democratic countries because they are under Anglo-Saxon influence or even domination at some point of their history. Singapore and Malaysia prospered. For others like Hong Kong, Myanmar, Pakistan, South Africa and Zimbabwe, things quickly deteriorated (in a matter of years, no more than a few decades) after the British left.
ckaihatsu wrote:
I really don't see why there's so much knee-jerk triumphalism around FDR -- he *used* reforms as a way to forestall *revolution*, and allowed the use of *much* force by the authorities

Study the history, it's obvious if you do.
I'm just going to make this clear: If you identify as White Anglo Saxon Protestant you are a fucking loser. And nobody on this forum identifies as a WASP because all of you who can muster the will to care are low-rent racists are too poor to even get a WASP to pay attention to you.

I don't care about your groveling to a class that will never accept you. Eat the shit out of my asshole you losers. LOSERS. YOU ARE LOSERS.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@ckaihatsu

Well, I am not a communist revolutionary

Why not?

Politics_Observer wrote:
and most Americans aren't though at the time I am sure the elite here in the U.S. were afraid of a communist revolution given it's spread at the time in other parts of the globe and the economic hardships of the Great Depression.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I don't care about your groveling to a class that will never accept you. Eat the shit out of my asshole you losers. LOSERS. YOU ARE LOSERS.

It's about what's right. I never ask for acceptance -- people with dignity should treat each other as equals.

I just think the likes of you winning would make the world a worse place than now, especially with your infuriating arrogance (as shown above).
Patrickov wrote:
May I add "in a wrong way".

I actually see Anglo-Saxon doing better in establishing democracy and free societies among themselves, or sometimes* among other nations and races, than most if not all other races.

Most other (especially non-European) countries are authoritarian stinkholes.

The achievement of the Whites comes when they do not assert themselves.

*: Japan, Taiwan and South Korea successfully transformed into free democratic countries because they are under Anglo-Saxon influence or even domination at some point of their history. Singapore and Malaysia prospered. For others like Hong Kong, Myanmar, Pakistan, South Africa and Zimbabwe, things quickly deteriorated (in a matter of years, no more than a few decades) after the British left.

Why can't we just call it Cold-War-anti-communist U.S. imperialism -- ?

Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Myanmar all fell into line with U.S. foreign policy, so now they're being *favored* by Washington.
Everyone, please pay attention to me. I'm the loser who thinks the Texas legislature was right in mandating minimum water distances while someone is voting.

I'm a loser. Pay attention to me. Pay attention to how much of a loser bitch I am.

And, *snicker* if you don't agree with me with how pencil necked voting dorks should be prohibited from voting on certain days and within certain lengths of the Texas legislature well then do I have a bunch of fun stories to tell yuo! Also, I am not an immensely boring loser faggot! People like me and want to hang out with me!!!

At a CNN town hall last week, President Biden reaffirmed that he would not support any action to curb the filibuster. Aside from the usual complacent statements from congressional Democrats about the need for federal legislation, little to no serious effort has been made to pass either of the Democrat’s two voting rights bills.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2021/0 ... e-j31.html
Politics_Observer wrote:@late

Politics_Observer << I agree with you. Biden also illustrates how experience in any given field matters a lot. However, we will see if Biden can rack up enough accomplishments to rank up there close to FDR territory.<<

Experience is a wasted commodity in a doddering, senile fool like Joe Biden. The only job I can think up for Senile Joe is as a water boy at Georgia polling stations; that way he can atone for his decades of flirtations with that Exalted KKK Grand Cyclops Byrd, as well as neo Confederate Congressmen, by offering water to thirsty blacks waiting in line.

Dont ask the impossible of Senile Joe.

If you want Senile Joe to match FDR then you must also give him the Congress. 1933's Senate boasted some 60 Donkeys vs like 35 Elephants, while House had some 311 Donkeys vs 115 Donkeys.

Senile Joe dont have the numbers in Congress to match FDR

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]