The Republican Party: The Party of White Supremacy - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15183297
Juin wrote:
Politics_Observer << I agree with you. Biden also illustrates how experience in any given field matters a lot. However, we will see if Biden can rack up enough accomplishments to rank up there close to FDR territory.<<


Experience is a wasted commodity in a doddering, senile fool like Joe Biden. The only job I can think up for Senile Joe is as a water boy at Georgia polling stations; that way he can atone for his decades of flirtations with that Exalted KKK Grand Cyclops Byrd, as well as neo Confederate Congressmen, by offering water to thirsty blacks waiting in line.

Dont ask the impossible of Senile Joe.

If you want Senile Joe to match FDR then you must also give him the Congress. 1933's Senate boasted some 60 Donkeys vs like 35 Elephants, while House had some 311 Donkeys vs 115 Donkeys.

Senile Joe dont have the numbers in Congress to match FDR



I didn't say match.

But I will say he's doing a lot better than I expected.
#15183298
ckaihatsu wrote:
I really don't see why there's so much knee-jerk triumphalism around FDR -- he *used* reforms as a way to forestall *revolution*, and allowed the use of *much* force by the authorities:


Roosevelt liked the idea of the CIO campaigning for him in elections, but he was not prepared to upset capitalists who also supported him. This was shown dramatically late in 1937, when Lewis undertook the biggest organising drive yet—in the steel industry. The CIO appointed 433 full time and part time organisers, working from 35 regional offices. In the aftermath of the GM strike many steel companies recognised the steel organising committee as a union, without much participation by the new union members. But the big firms refused to do so, and in late May the organising committee called a strike involving 75,000 workers. The companies responded with all the ferocity they had shown in the 1919 steel strike. They attacked the picket lines with ‘company thugs, deputies, police and the National Guard… There were 18 strikers slaughtered, scores wounded, hundreds arrested’.231 The organising committee had not prepared workers for such an onslaught because it had put its faith in Democratic Party governors and mayors showing sympathy to the organising drive. It ‘told workers that all the “New Deal” public officials were “labour’s friends”, and that the strikers should “welcome” the National Guards, state troopers and police sent to “keep order”.’ 232 The workers were thoroughly demoralised when these ‘friends’ attacked them with clubs and bullets. In Pennsylvania the first Democratic governor for 44 years declared martial law in the steel town of Johnstown. State troopers reopened the factory, restricting the number of pickets to six, and herded ever-greater numbers of scabs into the plant. In Youngstown, Ohio, where there was also a Democratic governor, deputies shot two pickets dead. In Chicago police sent in by the Democratic mayor killed ten strikers. When CIO leaders looked to Roosevelt for help he declared, ‘A plague on both your houses’.233 The biggest organising drive was broken just as the economy began to plunge downwards into renewed slump.

Harman, _People's History of the World_, p. 516



late wrote:
Study the history, it's obvious if you do.



ckaihatsu wrote:
What are you alluding to?



late wrote:
Politics is the art of the possible.



Your epigram here has *nothing* to do with what came before it -- you're not addressing FDR's stewardship over murderous police, against workers.
#15183305
[quote="Patrickov"][/quote]



Patrickov << I actually see Anglo-Saxon doing better in establishing democracy and free societies among themselves, or sometimes* among other nations and races, than most if not all other races.

Most other (especially non-European) countries are authoritarian stinkholes.

The achievement of the Whites comes when they do not assert themselves.

*: Japan, Taiwan and South Korea successfully transformed into free democratic countries because they are under Anglo-Saxon influence or even domination at some point of their history. Singapore and Malaysia prospered. For others like Hong Kong, Myanmar, Pakistan, South Africa and Zimbabwe, things quickly deteriorated (in a matter of years, no more than a few decades) after the British left.<<




I do not see that there is any correlation between skin pigmentation and the ability to construct stable, democratic institutions.

Having said that there is no doubt that the Anglo Saxon contribution to human civilisation has been astronomical. Credit must be given where it is due. British influence has been very beneficial to mankind
#15183324
ckaihatsu wrote:
Your epigram here has *nothing* to do with what came before it -- you're not addressing FDR's stewardship over murderous police, against workers.



And that's why you need to know what you're talking about. Unfortunately, FDR's magic wand was in the shop during his presidency, sorry.
#15183326
late wrote:
And that's why you need to know what you're talking about. Unfortunately, FDR's magic wand was in the shop during his presidency, sorry.


late wrote:
Study the history, it's obvious if you do.



'Magic wand' -- ? Really?

And 'study the history' -- that's *twice* that you've externalized agency away from Roosevelt's presidency.

If anyone is in a position to do anything, it would be the president -- and then suddenly you're *dodging*, making the president sound *disempowered* somehow, and shifting away *responsibility*, too.
#15183329
ckaihatsu wrote:Why can't we just call it Cold-War-anti-communist U.S. imperialism -- ?

Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Myanmar all fell into line with U.S. foreign policy, so now they're being *favored* by Washington.


As I have said before, I hold Western imperialism in a positive light as it makes my part of the world better. Conversely, fuck off to all those who aim to destroy it (which is what China is doing)

By extension, I sometimes blame the likes of you for being useful idiots or even willing collaborators of Chinese tyranny (Note: this is an accusation against a broad range of commentators of which I see you as a member of, so it might contain statements that does not necessarily fit every belief of you)
#15183337
Patrickov wrote:
As I have said before, I hold Western imperialism in a positive light as it makes my part of the world better. Conversely, fuck off to all those who aim to destroy it (which is what China is doing)

By extension, I sometimes blame the likes of you for being useful idiots or even willing collaborators of Chinese tyranny (Note: this is an accusation against a broad range of commentators of which I see you as a member of, so it might contain statements that does not necessarily fit every belief of you)



Well I appreciate your respecting of my own particular *individual* politics -- no, I can't see either China or Russia today being any kind of 'socialist', because they're not, and there's also plenty of foreign capital in both countries. That said, I think they got a bum deal from the Western Allies through the 20th century, even though both Russia and China overthrew their own monarchies, just as England, the U.S., and France did.

That abusive treatment, based on Cold War in-crowd, out-crowd groupthink, continues its legacy today which means that Western imperialism *cannot* be viewed in a wholly 'positive light', because of the human toll it has cost, including slavery. Here's the Wikipedia entry on that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_imperialism
#15183378
ckaihatsu wrote:
If anyone is in a position to do anything, it would be the president -- and then suddenly you're *dodging*, making the president sound *disempowered* somehow, and shifting away *responsibility*, too.



After many years, I came to the realisation that if someone had invested heavily in a fantasy, they aren't going to let go of it.
#15183382
ckaihatsu wrote:That said, I think they got a bum deal from the Western Allies through the 20th century, even though both Russia and China overthrew their own monarchies, just as England, the U.S., and France did.

That abusive treatment, based on Cold War in-crowd, out-crowd groupthink, continues its legacy today which means that Western imperialism *cannot* be viewed in a wholly 'positive light', because of the human toll it has cost, including slavery.


Objectively your statement is true. What I said was more about a personal perspective.
#15183383
late wrote:After many years, I came to the realisation that if someone had invested heavily in a fantasy, they aren't going to let go of it.


Depends on what is invested and how the investment is made.

Pride would be the worst investment of this kind, but it still depends on the platform on which the pride is invested.

If it is just circulated within, say, PoFo, I would say it's pretty easy to break off. (The worst case is just go and not coming back)

Putting the devotion on other more prominent social media might make the break-off harder.
As an example, Donald Trump might qualify for this one, but the social media platforms somehow did the job for him by banning him outright.
#15183385
Patrickov wrote:
Depends on what is invested and how the investment is made.

Pride would be the worst investment of this kind, but it still depends on the platform on which the pride is invested.

If it is just circulated within, say, PoFo, I would say it's pretty easy to break off. (The worst case is just go and not coming back)

Putting the devotion on other more prominent social media might make the break-off harder.
As an example, Donald Trump might qualify for this one, but the social media platforms somehow did the job for him by banning him outright.



FDR gets rated as one of the top three presidents.

In terms of difficulty, he was basically climbing one mountain after another, the whole time he was in the office.

In the early years, the conservatives were attacking him with everything they had, even the Supreme Court went too far opposing him. Sound familiar? Looking back, if you haven't studied the era, it looks easy. It wasn't.
#15183386
Remember when Trump said a Mexican judge couldn't judge him because of his race?

And all the Trump supporters said, "No, he just says stupid shit all the time. Listen to what's in his heart, not his words."

Lmao all Trumptards are racists. Suck my dick, Trump fuckers.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9

Babylon Bee is a satirical news site like The Oni[…]

Israelis also got vaccinated before virtually ever[…]

Universal Basic Income is a scam.

OK. So we can start by not forcing them to pay l[…]

@boomerintown , honestly I don't give a shit abou[…]