Mass protests in Cuba as Miami Mayor calls for US-led invasion - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rancid wrote:CUBA LIBRE!

One of the worse things a dictatorship can do, is loosen its grip. Here's to the Cuban government loosening its grip!

How many posts until we see something about the so called world class Cuban doctors?

Our banks and corporations are fully in control of our governments and our information sources. They run our armies, and have turned them into mercenary forces for private corporations, many of whom are pillaging and spreading diseases.

If Cuba's government ever "loosens its grip," the corporations here in North America have axes for arms, with which to chop down any human rights or sovereignty that Cuba currently has.

The blocade is about choking an animal to death so that you can put it into a cage more easily. There are no human rights involved in the West's programme - only animal husbandry of other people.
Anti-West people often fail to notice or purposefully ignore the fact that most anti-West regimes apply animal husbandry on their own people as well as whoever getting in their way. The West is way better by only applying animal husbandry on foreigners, and on top of that genuinely teach those under animal husbandry that it is actually not the way to go.
Patrickov wrote:Anti-West people often fail to notice ...

Instead of inventing a "type" (anti-Western people), and then pretending that they are ill in some way...
why don't you try defending "the West."

If you can't do it without insulting your adversaries, perhaps you have no point.
Patrickov wrote:
Anti-West people often fail to notice or purposefully ignore the fact that most anti-West regimes apply animal husbandry on their own people as well as whoever getting in their way. The West is way better by only applying animal husbandry on foreigners, and on top of that genuinely teach those under animal husbandry that it is actually not the way to go.

Translation: "Stop hitting yourself!" (while hitting them)
QatzelOk wrote:why don't you try defending "the West."

I already did:

Patrickov wrote:The West is way better by only applying animal husbandry on foreigners, and on top of that genuinely teach those under animal husbandry that it is actually not the way to go.
ckaihatsu wrote:Translation: "Stop hitting yourself!" (while hitting them)

Unfortunately, given these Anti-West (or more precisely, anti-US) nations are often unable to create a mindset which could not stop harming themselves as well as their neighbours, at least "certain parts of their bodies" deserve to be beaten in this manner.
Patrickov wrote:
Unfortunately, given these Anti-West (or more precisely, anti-US) nations are often unable to create a mindset which could not stop harming themselves as well as their neighbours, at least "certain parts of their bodies" deserve to be beaten in this manner.

That's deeply *patronizing*, and you shouldn't be so surprised that many people and countries resent Western imperialism, for imposing themselves on such countries and peoples.

Did it ever occur to you that advanced countries could simply *share* their technological advancements with others, to help them *up*, instead of it being a big worldwide 20th century fuckfest -- ?
Patrickov wrote:
If you have forgotten, I am NOT a member of the West. And if anything, anti-Westerners are far more patronizing than I do.

I don't think you're really getting my meaning -- here it is, explicitly:

In "The White Man's Burden", Kipling encouraged the American annexation and colonization of the Philippine Islands, a Pacific Ocean archipelago conquered in the three-month Spanish–American War (1898).[1] As a pro-imperialist poet, Kipling exhorts the American reader and listener to take up the enterprise of empire, yet warns about the personal costs faced, endured, and paid in building an empire;[1] nonetheless, American imperialists understood the phrase "the white man’s burden" to justify imperial conquest as a mission-of-civilization that is ideologically related to the continental-expansion philosophy of manifest destiny of the early 19th century.[2][3][4][5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Man%27s_Burden

Here's a particularly patronizing portion:

Those [Filipino] peoples are not suited to our institutions. They are not ready for liberty as we understand it. They do not want it. Why are we bent on forcing upon them a civilization not suited to them and which only means in their view degradation and a loss of self-respect, which is worse than the loss of life itself?[8]
Patrickov keeps insulting "the critics of the West." Yet when I ask him to defend this "west" that he dislikes the critics of, all he can offer as a "reason to support the West" is this:

Patrickov wrote:The West is way better by only applying animal husbandry on foreigners...

Locking cows in boxes and strapping on milk machines... is an example of animal husbandry in our day.

Do you really support the West's application of this type of life-quality-ending technology on other people?

Do you really dislike people who are against treating other humans like this?

If this is all you've got, the thread is over and you have lost badly.

PressTV wrote:

Cuban diplomat blasts Western media for 'huge' disinformation campaign

Cuba’s top envoy to its embassy and UN mission in Vienna has blasted the Western media for what she called a “very huge” disinformation campaign on the recent US-incited protests in the small Caribbean island, insisting that their depiction of the situation has been “far from reality.”

The protests were triggered by the “manipulation and communication campaign financed by the US” with the objective of inciting people to take to the streets in order to bring instability to the country, Marlen Redondo, Charge d’Affaires of the Cuban Embassy and Permanent Mission to the United Nations in Vienna said in an interview with Press TV’s Richard Medhurst on Monday.

The US-led campaign has also taken advantage of “the really hard situation” Cuba is facing due to the COVID-19 pandemic and worsened by the decades-long blockade of the country, she said. ...

The West's Santa-Claus level of credibility is what you really need to be defending right now. Not the West's amazing ability to turn other humans into scared pets.
@QatzelOk

What you fail to see is that countries like Cuba, China and Russia do animal husbandry on their own people and in a manner even worse than Western countries treating outside enemies.

From what I see, anti-West people seem to be totally fucking OK with dominance of these even worse powers. I have no problem if they get a swift end.
Patrickov wrote:@QatzelOk

What you fail to see is that countries like Cuba, China and Russia do animal husbandry on their own people and in a manner even worse than Western countries treating outside enemies.

I *fail to see this* because it is only built of rhetoric from the Western state apparatus.

There is no *there* to see *there.*

The country that throws the most homo sapiens into cages is the USA. By far. So your accusation seems to be based on late night movies that feature bad guys who have accents when they speak English.
QatzelOk wrote:The country that throws the most homo sapiens into cages is the USA.

This rate cannot prove your case.

Admittedly the United States has certain habitats that make a significant portion of the population stuck in criminal lives, but arguably this is their choice more than the government genuinely wanting them to be that.

In China and / or Russia people live in fear or false sense of pride. This makes the entire society effectively a big prison.
Also, the government of these countries lock people who are upright, and spare thugs as long as they are not too harmful and, more importantly, they are patriotic. I am not making this up: I see this very clearly in Hong Kong, whose pro-Beijing government locks pro-democratic people en masse, while only lock up pro-Government thugs only if they cause too much harm.
Yes, @Patrickov, I am sane. Your statement was fucking bonkers. :knife:

Please tell me of the breeding programs run by Cuba, Russian and China, I'd be curious what goes on in a your mind. Perhaps source some material instead of making up stupidass shit.

:roll: I am not a China apologist. I merely recognize that somewhere in the middle, between Western propaganda and Chinese propaganda, lies the truth. You are incapable of rational thought on the subject of China, due to your intense hatred and bias against them.
Last edited by Godstud on 08 Aug 2021 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am too smart. In fact, I am smart enough to see your bias has made you incapable of rational thought on the subject, and I am going to dismiss your silliness.

I am not amoral, but I can see someone who is incapable of rational thought might see everyone as an enemy, when they don't agree on everything they say.

Now please present the evidence of the Cuban, Russian and Chinese animal husbandry programs with humans. I'll wait, unless you are willing to admit you made that up.
Patrickov wrote:Admittedly the United States has certain habitats that make a significant portion of the population stuck in criminal lives, but arguably this is their choice more than the government genuinely wanting them to be that.

Your point was lost somewhere back. But my point was that rich, developed nations practice animal husbandry on human beings as well.

That so many homo sapiens are thrown into cages in the USA means that they are being "broken" like a wild animal is.

You blame these homo sapiens for their own natural behavior, and seem to think that being caged will improve them.

This makes YOU a person who practices animal husbandry (slavery, pethood) on other humans as well. This means that you are probably a well-groomed animal yourself, and that your every word is mainly intended to please your masters so that they will give you a treat.

Since I'm not your master, I have no use for your words when you use them this way. And talking to dogs never leads to knowledge of any kind.

Trump and Biden have big differences on some issue[…]

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]