Did You Get Vaccinated? - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Did You Get The Jab?

Yes.
79%
No, but I will.
3%
No, but I will if required.
2%
No, and I never will. Fuck off.
11%
Other.
5%
By wat0n
wat0n wrote:I am expecting them to do so. But for that to happen, people need to actually vaccinate.

If too few people get vaccinated and the ICUs collapse, how should beds be assigned?

So how would you assign ICU beds if the worst came to happen due to not reaching the herd immunity threshold as a result of a critical mass of people refusing to vaccinate, @colliric?
wat0n wrote:So how would you assign ICU beds if the worst came to happen due to not reaching the herd immunity threshold as a result of a critical mass of people refusing to vaccinate, @colliric?

Operate as usual. Vaccinated people that happen to get hospitalized get standard beds because they are less likely to need life saving treatment. Worst cases get the life support, vaccinated or not. Standard treatment plan. If you're vaccinated you're less likely to need the breathing machines.

Frankly I'm surprised and shocked you're not using the standard approach as an argument against me. Unlike the Australian Government did with its stupid "unvaccinated woman in hospital bed" commercial. Lol.

https://theconversation.com/amp/paying- ... ney-165520

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... tives-work

Labor is currently demanding $300 compensation. I want a minimum of $500-$1000. The longer we hold out Igor, the more money we'll get! They're willing to pay us!
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:If you mean the American CDC, then was it a fake table?* Because the USA's excess deaths have been 18% since the start of the pandemic to the end of March 2021 - 560,000. That's way worse than any American flu outbreak since the post-WWI Spanish flu pandemic. This is why US life expectancy fell last year by the biggest amount since WW2.

*Since you post a lot of pictures that don't make sense, don't be surprised if you posted some table and everyone thought "another irrelevant image from Igor".

Statistically, (including the fat and old, including the initial death count quackery) that's nothing. So much for the pandemic. Does not warrant experimental mass vaccinations.

The longer we hold out Igor, the more money we'll get! They're willing to pay us!

Make it $500,000 and you've got me.
By wat0n
colliric wrote:Operate as usual. Vaccinated people that happen to get hospitalized get standard beds because they are less likely to need life saving treatment. Worst cases get the life support, vaccinated or not. Standard treatment plan. If you're vaccinated you're less likely to need the breathing machines.

What happens if there are not enough beds to satisfy demand?

colliric wrote:Frankly I'm surprised and shocked you're not using the standard approach as an argument against me. Unlike the Australian Government did with its stupid "unvaccinated woman in hospital bed" commercial. Lol.

https://theconversation.com/amp/paying- ... ney-165520

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... tives-work

Labor is currently demanding $300 compensation. I want a minimum of $500-$1000. The longer we hold out Igor, the more money we'll get! They're willing to pay us!

Both the carrot and the stick are necessary here, and those carrots have been in place for a while now. But if you don't vaccinate you have to deal with the consequences.
XogGyux wrote:https://www.tiktok.com/@steveioe/video/6964452481346702598

Jokes on you... I don't have Facebook OR Tiktok.

Use Twitter next time.
You don't need TikTok to see the video. Are you really that dumb, or are you just pretending to be?
Godstud wrote:You don't need TikTok to see the video. Are you really that dumb, or are you just pretending to be?

You need either Facebook or Tiktok.... I have NEITHER.

Switched over completely to Twitter many years ago and disabled my Facebook account.

Oh and I'm not cutting and pasting that crap.
People who are not vaccinated should not be allowed into any public buildings. This includes any building to which the general public has access, like supermarkets, apartment buildings, movie theatres, and any other building where they might infect others.

Other people should not have to pay for their stupidity.
Pants-of-dog wrote:People who are not vaccinated should not be allowed into any public buildings. This includes any building to which the general public has access, like supermarkets, apartment buildings, movie theatres, and any other building where they might infect others.

Other people should not have to pay for their stupidity.

Straight up Apartheid. Got it.
@colliric

Nope. You can choose to simply be vaccinated and stop risking the lives of others.

Black people living under Apartheid could not. You should not compare people who risk the lives of others (i.e.: those who refuse to be vaccinated) with people who were oppressed.
Actually yes you should, because that's how it works.

"Palestinians are going to kill us, so we have to exclude, crush, kill and oppress them. How dare they put our lives at risk".

That's how Apartheid works. Accuse them of putting you at some-kind of risk, then legally oppress and exclude them. Of course your oppression will be far worse for society than the so called "risk" they're putting you in.

That's how it always works.

YOU WANT TO STOP PEOPLE FROM GOING TO THE SUPERMARKET TO BUY ESSENTIAL GROCERIES AND FOOD.

So don't you dare lie and say you're not pushing apartheid. You know how idiotic and inhuman your position is. Stoping people from entering supermarkets to buy food is about the most idiotic inhumane position you can have. You support Apartheid.
colliric wrote:Actually yes you should, because that's how it works.

"Palestinians are going to kill us, so we have to exclude, crush, kill and oppress them. How dare they put our lives at risk".

That's how Apartheid works. Accuse them of putting you at some-kind of risk, then legally oppress and exclude them. Of course your oppression will be far worse for society than the so called "risk" they're putting you in.

That's how it always works.

YOU WANT TO STOP PEOPLE FROM GOING TO THE SUPERMARKET TO BUY ESSENTIAL GROCERIES AND FOOD.

So don't you dare lie and say you're not pushing apartheid. You know how idiotic and inhuman your position is. Stoping people from entering supermarkets to buy food is about the most idiotic inhumane position you can have. You support Apartheid.

what is it with you and @Igor Antunov being reluctant to quote me or notify me when you reply to me? Am I that scary?

And yes,

Why do you want people who cannot be vaccinated (for medial reasons) to not be allowed to buy essential groceries and food just because you feel like not being vaccinated?

Why are you forcing people who cannot change this about themselves to bend to your will when you could easily do what it takes for these people to have their freedom?

Please explain why your choice to refuse medical treatment should trump their right to access public spaces.
At the beginning of the pandemic, probably around March or April, I was browsing the forums of studentdoctornetwork. Shoker, I don't only come to this forum. Anyhow I was horrified by the post of one of my collagues over there. His point was that "he didn't sign up for this". Let me explain a bit more, he is a critical care doctor and was freaking out that he was putting his life on the line. From his perspective, this guy delayed gratification through highschool to get into a nice college, delayed parties during college to get into medical school, certainly not much free time during medical school or residency (where you are expected to work 80H week) and then another 3 years of fellowship, which is as hard if not more than residency, 80h+ you also got to spend some of your free time doing research and traveling to conferences and shit. Now, this guy, probably on his late 30's or early 40s, probably with 300k+ student loans, with 300k+ mortgage and a wife and 2 small children is scared out of his mind because he might catch covid from one of his patients.
Mind you. This post was early on. News were going back and forth about nurses dying, about doctors dying, about no PPE.
The guy made a post that sicken me to my core. His premise was that "I didn't sign up for this" and short getting a huge bonus he really didn't want to do the job that he trained for anymore.
My reply was nothing short of scathing. Many of the people that founded the field of medicine died due to exposures to diseases, René Laennec died from tuberculosis, he is the Dr and inventor of the stethoscope, he spent a lot of time listenting to TB patients, do you think it was a coincidence he got it himself and died at the age of 45? I pointed some of these, the interventional cardiologist and the radiologists that expose themselves to X-rays on a daily basis, the ID doctor that exposes himself to a handful of weird pathogens and infectious diseases, the surgeon that operates on the HIV and Hepatitis patient and could puncture himself when performing the operation.
My arguments were many. Mosts other posters seemed to agree with my perspective.
But now this is different... we have people willingly choosing this path, a deadly one. And while we are all used to the patient that self-inflicts damage on himself/herself (smoker, obese, sedentary, etc) we have not seen this degree of idiocy and selfishness before to this degree. The mumps and rubella is perhaps the closest thing that we have seen, and it is miniscule with what it is to follow.
Sorry, @colliric, but not getting vaccinated is a CHOICE, for 99% of people, and saying it's apartheid is decidedly dishonest. People who are of a certain race do not have a CHOICE. Fuck, your arguments have devolved into utter crap. You and Igor are not good representatives of Australia, or even common sense, right now. :knife:
Godstud wrote:Sorry, @colliric, but not getting vaccinated is a CHOICE, for 99% of people, and saying it's apartheid is decidedly dishonest. People who are of a certain race do not have a CHOICE. Fuck, your arguments have devolved into utter crap. You and Igor are not good representatives of Australia, or even common sense, right now. :knife:

So you support taking away the basic human right to go and buy food too.

I'm glad you government isn't as authoritarian as you are.
colliric wrote:So you support taking away the basic human right to go and buy food too.
It's not a basic human right, and you have a choice to get vaccinated, so you don't endanger the health of people around you. Health is a basic right, too. Get vaccinated then go shopping. It's a CHOICE.

You are making up a complete bullshit argument, and your fucking know it! :lol: \

colliric wrote:I'm glad you government isn't as authoritarian as you are.
I'm glad that very few people are as mentally challenged as you appear to be.
colliric wrote:So you support taking away the basic human right to go and buy food too.

I'm glad you government isn't as authoritarian as you are.

You can get the food delivered though. That's how I did it when I had COVID.
wat0n wrote:You can get the food delivered though. That's how I did it when I had COVID.

I know this is a hard concept to grasp... But listen carefully.

That is not a valid solution due to the fact that not everyone has a credit card, PayPal or internet access. Some people by choice (like not having a tv or radio) others by living in poverty. Coles abandoned their plan to expand their delivery network during this crisis, due to how illogical it was to hire a shitload of delivery drivers that actually spread the disease and how difficult it was to go no contact. Much simpler to just allow people to continue shopping.
Last edited by colliric on 05 Aug 2021 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]