Alabama Governor: Blame the Unvaccinated Folks - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Gardener wrote:Ummm.. other than CNN making unattributed accusations, precisely WHAT evidence do we have that Republican's are resisting vaccination, more so than - say - the average citizen ?

All of 2020. The vaccination rates between red and blue states. The entirety of the rightwing media ecosystem based on conspiracy theories, anti-vaxx shit, etc.
Politics_Observer wrote:Wow! How do other republicans feel, especially the unvaccinated republicans, about this republican governor now saying "blame the unvaccinated!" Really? Wasn't it republican politicians encouraging their base not to get vaccinated? Now, they want to just say "blame the unvaccinated!" She doesn't blame the "regular folks" just the unvaccinated. I guess the unvaccinated republicans aren't "regular folks" and are now out of the republican tribe in her eyes. :lol: These republicans just don't make any sense at all.
]

Do these vaccins really work? I ask because I am avid Tucker Carlson consumer. And Tucker is concerned, to put it mildly, that hysteria by the woke left does not lead to a state of state mandated vaccination.

btw I am not against vaccins. I already had some concoction called Moderna shoved into my veins by means of a big ugly needle. I still have to make a second trip to have a second load of Moderna shoved into my veins.

My dear Politics_Observer, should we make of Moderna a Sacrament? Declare a refusal to take Moderna a mortal sin? Make administering of Moderna a religious ritual, accompanied by Priests and candles?
Last edited by Juin on 04 Aug 2021 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
There is a very strong correlation between low vaccination rates and voting for Trump. This is true at both the state and county level.

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/25/c ... joe-biden/

————————

Yes, the vaccines really work.

The Moderna vaccine, for example, showed a protection against infection above 90% in a scientific study.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... derna.html
Politics_Observer wrote:@annatar1914

I learned a long time ago that the mistakes a leader makes goes into coffins. It doesn't matter whether you are an officer or NCO on the battlefield or a governor of a state or President of an entire country. Your mistakes go into one of these things when you can't lead (your subordinates or people you are responsible for die un-necessarily due to poor leadership):

Citizens of a free Republic must shun that sales pitch. It is the sales pitch for tyranny. Was the Tuskegee experiments a mistake? Was using blacks as guinea pigs a mistake? Was the results of the experiments not gonna save syphilitics an early repose in your fine coffin?

I think people ought to beware of that tyranny that creeps up in the guise of saving us from the coffin.
Juin wrote:Make administering of Moderna a religious ritual, accompanied by Priests and candles?

Yes, like Last Rites in the Catholic tradition. "You must do this to please the Science Gods."

The story so far:

Corporations like banks and oil companies have destroyed the world's livability, lying through their teeth about pollution even as the pollution started creating refugees all over the world.

But their time is almost over as it is increasingly obvious that giant corporations are driving us to extinction, and don't really care about anything except short-term profits.

So, to make a long story short, these giant corporations are really worried about you and me. They know that if humanity reaches a consensus on how poison corporation are, they will be disappeared. So they have a nice needle to put into your arm courtesy of giant pharmaceutical corporations.

It's often the same people on the board of directors between Big Oil and Big Pharma. They are working as a team to "prevent" any kind of retribution for them *destroying the livability of the planet.*
Random American wrote:I'm surprised there was that much sanity coming from an Alabama governor.

It's starting to affect businesses, and it's hard to encourage corporations to move and invest in The Plague Lands. Like Toyota or whatever isn't going to open an assembly plant and send their best employees over to a biological cesspit.

Alabaman life is cheap, but the second it affects business things have to change. Same reason trans bathroom bills get dropped the second corporations say their expensive, highly trained employees don't want to move to a regressive theocratic hellhole.
XogGyux wrote:How low have we fallen that just stating the facts is revered.

It's not reverence, just shock that she would be sane enough to do the right thing and say the truth. We have fallen so much, that I'm shocked any Republican would recommend the vaccine, though to be honest, I now expect her to be primaried for her sanity.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Alabaman life is cheap, but the second it affects business things have to change. Same reason trans bathroom bills get dropped the second corporations say their expensive, highly trained employees don't want to move to a regressive theocratic hellhole.

Not just Alabama life. Small time lives are cheap.

Almost all of North American cities have been turned to suburban trash, with zero community or decent public spaces or street life.

They simply couldn't defend themselves against car companies and big oil. They had no Jane Jacobs to save them. Only Dairy Queen employees looking for more shifts.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]