DOJ Puts States on Notice About Election Law Changes - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Juin

Politics_Observer << From what I have seen, most republicans are very similar to Georgia republicans. Not saying all of them, but most of them. Racism is not just a southern thing you know, it's a problem all over the U.S.<<

I agree. And I will add that racism is not only not just a southern thing, it is not even only a white thing. It is a human thing. No human being is free of that. We are hard wired to be prejudicial. All we humans can do is try to manage these character defects as best as possible.

There is a dangerous road the nation is being led down by the woke crowd. Dont get me wrong, the woke folks are well meaning. But there is a point where in a zeal to eradicate racism, a well intentioned activist actually morphs into what he is against, and ends up instituting what he started off with the intent to destroy.

I do feel for the woke fellow. He is well meaning, no doubt about that. But he is also frustrated, and impatient, and ready to tear down the house. He is almost a Bolshevik in his passion against racism. To him, his fellow white- the woke crowd is largely white- has been racist for far too long. It is time to grab the bull by the horns. Willingly, or unwillingly, whites, to the last one, must be grabbed by the collar and made to undergo an exorcism to remove the primordial racism in him. A white baby fresh from the womb is tainted with the original sin of racism and must be readied for woke versions of indoctrination camps; where he must accept that he is white and therefore racist; that no power on earth can cure him of his racism; he must make a true inventory of real and imagined racism; seek to atone for them by genuflecting before BLM....

Now, you, my dear Politics_Observer has made of the Republican Party the repository of the sin of white racism. That sounds like a problem to me; and goes contrary to your recognition above that racism is not just a southern thing.

Politics_Observer << Plus, these voter suppression laws unquestionably are not limited only to the state of Georgia. In addition, why not just make voting mandatory for all American citizens who are not serving a prison sentence longer than 5 or 8 years?

I think this would be fair and right so that most Americans and the will of the people are represented in government as much as possible. There is no real rationale reason that somebody should be opposed to this idea. But I know they will be because it serves the best interests of the of people rather than the best interests of those with power.<<

Why should voting be mandatory? Sounds radical and Bolshevist to me. If an individual choses not to vote, who are you compel him, against his wish, to vote?

And it is illogical anyways. Even when I vote, I dont vote on all items. I usually vote only on measures I understand and agree with, is it your impression that I be compelled to vote on all items on the ballot?

And it is impossible not to vote anyways. Because even the act of not chosing is also a choice: when you do not chose, it is still a choice, you have chosen not to chose. Same with voting. When you dont vote, it is the equivalent of voting not to vote. Your right.

Politics_Observer << At the end of the day, the people with most of the power do not like concepts like freedom or democracy because they are interested in power more than anything else and if that means crushing the right to vote and stripping people of their constitutional rights to maintain that power then so be it. It's the mentality of power at any cost. I don't understand how some of these people with power can feel good about themselves doing that but many people are willing to sell their souls for power and to keep power.<<

Politics_Observer, the left wants power at all costs no less than the right. The votes of the unwashed masses is useful to the Bolsheviks of the left because it is the tool to power.
@Juin

I agree that we all have our biases and prejudices. However, that is not an excuse. I have my own biases and prejudices. It's something we all have to work on to become better human beings including myself. But we can't just talk about combating our own prejudices and biases, we have to actually take action and do it and work on eliminating our biases and prejudices. Of course, I think it is also true that at the end of the day, given we are all human and imperfect, despite doing our best to work on our own biases and prejudices, we will still harbor some of bias and prejudice to some degree or another. It's part of being human. Nobody is perfect.
@late @Juin

I have to agree with late. I see no evidence that the left wants all power at any cost. I do see evidence that the republicans want that and that they do not value freedom or democracy or the notion of sharing power. It is my belief that the republican party today is OK with an authoritarian dictatorship. I will also have to be honest, the republican party today in my view is fascist and not really that much different than a Hitler regime given it values white supremacy and rejects freedom and democracy and seeks to establish an authoritarian regime that doesn't value checks and balances.

Republicans say they value freedom and democracy but their actions demonstrate the opposite and I take people on their actions more than their words. The actions or words of the democrats have not demonstrated that they seek all power at any cost. But the actions of the republicans do and I think the republicans project themselves onto the democrats when they accuse the democrats of seeking "all power at any cost."

The reason that the republican party seeks to establish an authoritarian dictatorship here in the United States is because it is all about preserving the power and privilege of whites (especially rich whites) rather than sharing power and getting elected based on their ideas and having good policy. If that means establishing an authoritarian fascist Nazi like dictatorship that values white supremacy, then so be it in the eyes of the republicans. The evidence and the actions and words of republicans demonstrate this. They seek a fascist dictatorship that preserves the power and privilege of whites (again, especially rich whites) rather than any sort of free society based on genuine democracy and sharing power.
Democracy is an obstacle for the GOP that must be overcome. Hence why they pass bills, for no other evident reason than to make voting as inconvenient as possible, to deny voters water while waiting in line to vote. Something that some pussy cowards, such as @juin, don't have the balls to defend because they realize saying anything other than "Well, I don't get what the big deal is just accept the law you whiny liberal faggots" because it will make them look like psychopaths. Instead, they would rather look like hypocritical morons who have no problem with the state encroaching on them so long as the GOP does it (and targets it at specific non-white communities).

I guess we're just supposed to view the bill in a vacuum and assume that the people of Georgia were crying out to their legislators: "Please, we are overhydrated! Make these terrible water people go away!"
Hell you can watch it in @Juin, the pussy bitch coward who can't explain his beliefs, who gladly accepts hypocrisy without blinking when it benefits his party.

Like I don't know what kind of justification "So what? You're just a whiny liberal faggot for even caring and also you're the real racist I have black friends" is supposed to be for purposely denying voters the right to freely exchange property while waiting to vote. But Republicans did it, so it's good and he will never question it. In fact, it is made better by the fact that the evil nasty libs care.

Juin is full of shit when he says he cares about the vote, like every other dipshit Republican.
The hard evidence that continues to come out, how scumbag Trump tried to run a coup in America, and how these shitty ass spineless Republicans are willing to go along with it. Is reason enough to say no to all these laws. They are tainted with bad faith reasons. I'm not even against certain election laws, but the stink that is all over this shit is repulsive. FUCK TRUMP, FUCK THESE ASSHOLE REPUBLICANS, FUCK THEM ALL. They should all be in prison.

I hope Trump dies very soon.
[quote="Politics_Observer"][/quote]

Politics_Observer << I have to agree with late. I see no evidence that the left wants all power at any cost. I do see evidence that the republicans want that and that they do not value freedom or democracy or the notion of sharing power. It is my belief that the republican party today is OK with an authoritarian dictatorship. I will also have to be honest, the republican party today in my view is fascist and not really that much different than a Hitler regime given it values white supremacy and rejects freedom and democracy and seeks to establish an authoritarian regime that doesn't value checks and balances.

Republicans say they value freedom and democracy but their actions demonstrate the opposite and I take people on their actions more than their words. The actions or words of the democrats have not demonstrated that they seek all power at any cost. But the actions of the republicans do and I think the republicans project themselves onto the democrats when they accuse the democrats of seeking "all power at any cost."

The reason that the republican party seeks to establish an authoritarian dictatorship here in the United States is because it is all about preserving the power and privilege of whites (especially rich whites) rather than sharing power and getting elected based on their ideas and having good policy. If that means establishing an authoritarian fascist Nazi like dictatorship that values white supremacy, then so be it in the eyes of the republicans. The evidence and the actions and words of republicans demonstrate this. They seek a fascist dictatorship that preserves the power and privilege of whites (again, especially rich whites) rather than any sort of free society based on genuine democracy and sharing power.<<

Politics_Observer,

Do you read your own posts? Any unbiased party reading your political manisfesto above cannot help but fear for democracy in this United States. There are two main political parties in the US, representing the progressive and conservative divide of the country. Your political manifesto rejects in no uncertain terms a place for the conservative side. If you eliminate the Republican Party, what is left? The Democratic Party. That, my friend, reduces the United States to a one Party State like North Korea.

Or you will like the Democratic Party to dictate who should represent the conservative segment of the United States? That still leaves the Democratic Party the de facto unique Party.

My friend, a representative form of government means you dont get to dictate who represents the opposition. Democrats dont get to dictate who conservatives select to represent them; and Republicans dont get to dictate who progressives select to represent them.

The ramblings about what dangers Republicans pose to democracy is straight from the totalitarian playbook. A Party about to seize total power almost always rants about how they are trying to save the Republic
Last edited by Juin on 05 Aug 2021 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Politics_Observer"][/quote]

Political_Observer << I agree that we all have our biases and prejudices. However, that is not an excuse. I have my own biases and prejudices. It's something we all have to work on to become better human beings including myself. But we can't just talk about combating our own prejudices and biases, we have to actually take action and do it and work on eliminating our biases and prejudices. Of course, I think it is also true that at the end of the day, given we are all human and imperfect, despite doing our best to work on our own biases and prejudices, we will still harbor some of bias and prejudice to some degree or another. It's part of being human. Nobody is perfect.<<

And blacks also have to be treated with respect and dignity. Blacks are not fragile and brittle. Not any more than whites in any case. Which means it behooves us to watch out for perpetuations of well intentioned stereotypes. A case in point being the well intentioned liberal, ready with gallons of drinking water, ready to rush to the rescue of fragile, brittle blacks at polling stations. LOL I have to say it has to be a white liberal, insulated in a white world, where nary a black graces the pavement, to habour this illusion that blacks drop dead from thirst at polling stations. That blacks are so damaged psychologically that even a task as menial as obtaining an ID card is beyond their abilities. ONLY a white liberal cocooned in a lily white world can conjure up such caricatures. It is well intentioned, but still an insult to the black race.

All the blacks I know in my life are smart, tough and even a touch of swagger when they walk. They all have IDs, they all have bank accounts, they mentally and physically tough. Or maybe the blacks in California are of a different cut than the blacks of Georgia
Juin wrote:And blacks also have to be treated with respect and dignity. Blacks are not fragile and brittle. Not any more than whites in any case. Which means it behooves us to watch out for perpetuations of well intentioned stereotypes. A case in point being the well intentioned liberal, ready with gallons of drinking water, ready to rush to the rescue of fragile, brittle blacks at polling stations.

Quit hiding behind your support of voter suppression laws with your fake ass care for black people. You suck at it and you're not fooling anyone.

TELL US WHY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO GIVE VOTERS WAITING IN LINE WATER, STOP SIDESTEPPING IT

Juin wrote:That blacks are so damaged psychologically that even a task as menial as obtaining an ID card is beyond their abilities. ONLY a white liberal cocooned in a lily white world can conjure up such caricatures. It is well intentioned, but still an insult to the black race.

Again, nobody believes you actually care about black people just because you keep talking about your black friends (it is also interesting you only focus on the racial aspect, and do not claim to have any poor friends). It is purposely made difficult to obtain or replace IDs in parts of the country because of shuttered DMVs with limited hours. Guess which areas these underserved DMVs happen to be in? Alabama did exactly this in 2015, closing DMV offices by citing budgetary concerns and doing so in a way that targeted predominantly black counties.

Now Alabama closes 31 0f 67 Department of Motor Vehicle locations where most people get the most commonly used voter ID, the driver’s license. The majority of these counties in the state that are home to poor and Black people are on that list. The photo ID law already disenfranchises voters who are not able to obtain IDs. It has been reported that there are currently 250,000 registered voters who don’t have IDs so are now unable to vote in Alabama unless they either travel outside their county to get a driver’s license or take a burdensome trip to a separate location (which is even harder without a driver’s license!) just for a voter ID. And that disproportionately hurts Black voters.

Tell us why you support shit like this. Oh, that water is just a short walk down the street and you have to give up your place in line to vote. So what if you were already waiting an hour in the hot sun? Oh, it's just a short two hour bus ride to the next county over to another crowded DMV. Oh, it's just another hurdle in a series of mounting inconveniences purposely engineered and passed by GOP legislatures to make voting as difficult as possible for certain people.

You who bores old ladies by making them look at your ID when you vote, because apparently you can't even figure out what it means to be registered to vote in your precinct. You're the small government republican who thinks individuals should have freedom and control but the second it comes to making it easier for citizens to enforce their will upon said government you're suddenly making excuses as to why it should be as difficult and painful to vote as possible.
Last edited by Cartertonian on 28 Aug 2021 08:44, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2 violation
If only there was someone brave enough, someone who wasn't a pussy bitch coward, who could explain to us why it should be illegal to give people waiting in line to vote water. I just can't figure out why prohibiting the free exchange of property between private citizens should be limited in any way, but surely it is because I am too simple to understand it.

Where is our hero? Where is the genius who can explain to us why this strangely specific law benefits the Georgian electorate?
wat0n wrote:I also don't see why would banning the handing of water bottles have any good effects on the election process at all.

The "good" effect is that it makes voting more difficult for people who vote at already understaffed, underfunded, and undersupplied voting precincts where the Georgia GOP doesn't want the locals to vote. This law will only be enforced at precincts where voting has purposely been made an arduous chore, it's definitely not being enforced in wealthy white suburbs where you can get in and out in 15 minutes because they have adequte machines, staff, etc.

It's a small thing but it's another piece of law for the death-by-a-thousand cuts approach to make sure people who aren't "real" Americans don't vote, which is how the GOP views anyone who dares to defy them.

It goes like this, and cowards like @Juiz will defend every step as if it exists in a vacuum completely separated from every other law.

-You need an ID to vote now. Juin: "Oh, what, you think black people are too stupid to get an ID? You're the real racist."

-But your local DMV is only open from noon to five every third Thursday of the month because of budget cuts that mysteriously do not affect affluent white suburbs. Juin: "Well, are you saying people are too stupid to schedule a day off?"

-Also it's now a $75 fee to get a card that should be issued for free since you are expected to have it. Juin: "I don't see the problem, everyone has $75."

-But whoops, you showed up to the polling station. Because you didn't vote in the mid-terms you were expunged from the voter rolls to keep ~dead people~ from voting. Juin: "I believe in maintaining an up to date voter roll. Maybe people who care should vote more often."

-So you file a provisional ballot. Whoops, it wasn't counted before an arbitrary deadline because those are processed last so it isn't included in the final count. Juin: "Maybe some people just shouldn't vote, it will make democracy better.

And all the while pussy cowards like Juin will excuse every one of these measures, without actually stating any support for it, and claim they love democracy so much that they make bored old ladies at the polling station look at their stupid license becuase they care about voting ~that much~. Every dipshit Republican is lying when they say they believe in election integrity. They know democracy is an obstacle that must be overcome because their views are abhorrent and unpopular, which is why they can't even explain their support for their stupid water law.

At the heart of this all is the dumbest president to ever be in office, a man so addled he started off his presidency by lying about how his crowds were bigger than Obama's, whining non-stop becuase he's so demented he can't accept the fact that he lost. So because the idiots who see a prissy straight queen from New York as their hero have been lied to we now need to manage their feelings and overhaul a system that is absolutely capable of dealing with fraud to satisfy them to the detriment of people who have already had a shitload of hurdles put between them and casting their vote.
wat0n wrote:I also don't see why would banning the handing of water bottles have any good effects on the election process at all.

This has - I believe - been around for a while. Indeed, similar laws exist in Democrat-controlled New York.

The concern is that the donor could seek to influence the voter. Simples.
Gardener wrote:This has - I believe - been around for a while. Indeed, similar laws exist in Democrat-controlled New York.

But then election authorities could have water bottles available to be taken by anyone who needs one, then the voter can go back to the line to vote. Right?
Gardener wrote:This has - I believe - been around for a while. Indeed, similar laws exist in Democrat-controlled New York.

Then have election officials hand out water.

Or better yet, have lots of polling places and have them open for longer times and have more staff operating them. Then more voters can be processed more quickly, and there will be no lines.

This is not true.

Also as far as I am aware, every state has laws prohibiting political advocacy, posting signs, etc. within X feet of the polling station.

The real issue is that no American should have to wait in line for more than a few minutes to cast their ballot. This can be accomplished in many ways. Such as making voting days state or federal holidays, extending the voting period to encompass an entire week, or expanding mail-in voting.

But weak, whiny bitches who are too cowardly to tell us why they believe in certain laws want to dictate how voting should happen. Do you want a coward bitch like that dictating the terms of democracy? Someone who can't even explain to you why they support certain laws because they have a base line level of social awareness of how it will make them look like a monster?

I don't. I think they should continue to shut the fuck up.
SpecialOlympian wrote:This is not true.

Also as far as I am aware, every state has laws prohibiting political advocacy, posting signs, etc. within X feet of the polling station.

The real issue is that no American should have to wait in line for more than a few minutes to cast their ballot. This can be accomplished in many ways. Such as making voting days state or federal holidays, extending the voting period to encompass an entire week, or expanding mail-in voting.

But weak, whiny bitches who are too cowardly to tell us why they believe in certain laws want to dictate how voting should happen. Do you want a coward bitch like that dictating the terms of democracy? Someone who can't even explain to you why they support certain laws because they have a base line level of social awareness of how it will make them look like a monster?

I don't. I think they should continue to shut the fuck up.

:up: Preach it brother!

You have mentionned "rape" in about a q[…]

What interests are those? He is an honorary US […]

If anyone wants to show an example of the IDF and […]

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]