The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 132 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15190653
Igor Antunov wrote:Just try and jab me bro, I dare ya.


I won't be able to be there on Saturday because working. Damn. I would love to hike to the city. I've offered to give a few bucks to anyone that needs "public transport" help.

Fuck their CBD lockdown.
#15190657
@Doug64
Yes, the cloth and surgical masks are essentially useless, while the masks that would actually have a significant impact are worn by almost no one and, so far as I know, not mandated anywhere ... perhaps because they are also more uncomfortable, especially over extended periods of time.


Look folks. Doug once again proves that he flunked basic science class in third grade. None of this quote is true.
#15190664
Doug64 wrote:Yes, the cloth and surgical masks are essentially useless, while the masks that would actually have a significant impact are worn by almost no one and, so far as I know, not mandated anywhere ... perhaps because they are also more uncomfortable, especially over extended periods of time.

So you are cool if the surgeon doing your hip, or your coronary artery bypass graft skips the mask right? I mean, the surgeon already has to deal with having to be standing up, if the mask don't do shit why inconvenience him/her? What about gloves, can we skip those as well? Perhaps we can have some snacks in the OR as well, that would make sure their energies are topped off. :lol:
This is what happens when you politize stupidity, you are forced into defending quite stupid positions.
#15190677






Lol. The Democrats are attacking Nicky Minaj so much she was forced to defend Tucker Carlson while also responding to personal barbs from pro-vax conservative Piers Morgan.

Lol.
#15190682
To be fair, she did say you her cousin heard someone got swollen bollocks after their Covid jab. Although she has free publicity as there is no such thing as bad publicity and Pier Morgan is basically trying to improve his PR after calling Raducanu a quiter and then she goes on and wins the US Open in her next Grand Slam. But I guess really this is only a big deal because the media is making it a big deal and Minaj is using that to her advantage. Perhaps if we didn't give conspiracy theories a platform this would be an non story and we shouldn't be talking about swollen bollocks.
#15190721
Doug64 wrote:[one thing I forgot to cover in my earlier response. While I might reject mandates on the ground of required virtue, I passed over your point about levels of hospitalization. There you have an argument that has real merit, but it is also one that doesn't support any nationwide mandates because of the variations from city to city, much less state to state.


Yeah, it is weird how people have to mandate human kindness and conservatives still ignore it.

Yes, the cloth and surgical masks are essentially useless,


Not according to the source.

They have a measurable benefit. The best you can say is that other masks are even better.

while the masks that would actually have a significant impact are worn by almost no one


…except health professionals and others on the frontline who need the extra protection so they can keep us all healthy.

and, so far as I know, not mandated anywhere ... perhaps because they are also more uncomfortable, especially over extended periods of time.


They are not mandated so that supply chains can keep up with the extra demand that healthcare workers are imposing on the supply chain.

You never have said whether you believe we should ban private ownership of motor vehicles, or shut down the schools every flu season. After all, if it saves a single life it's worth it, right? And again, all those neighbors need to do to protect themselves is to get vaccinated--their choice, their risk. If they choose not to, I am under no obligation to make additional efforts to protect them. That's very different from seeking to protect those who are entirely innocent and helpless to take any action of their own to protect themselves.


This is a bad excuse to not get vaccinated or to oppose mandates from government. It ignores those who cannot get vaccinated for medical reasons.

So, a poll covering President Biden*'s announcement of a vaccination mandate, and once again Democrats find themselves in the minority position. From Trafalgar Group:

Do you believe President Biden has the constitutional authority to force private businesses to require vaccine mandates for employees?

  • No 58.6%
  • Yes 29.7%
  • Not Sure 11.7%

Republicans
  • No 83.5%
  • Yes 10.7%
  • Not Sure 5.8%

Independents
  • No 68.2%
  • Yes 21.0%
  • Not Sure 10.9%

Democrats
  • No 27.0%
  • Yes 54.9%
  • Not Sure 18.1%

Do you support the efforts of state governors to oppose Biden’s nationwide vaccine mandate on private businesses?

  • Strongly Support 46.3%
  • Support 9.8%
  • Oppose 11.6%
  • Strongly Oppose 28.5%
  • No Opinion 3.8%

Republicans
  • Strongly Support 70.7%%
  • Support 7.8%
  • Oppose 5.5%
  • Strongly Oppose 13.1%
  • No Opinion 3.0%

Independents
  • Strongly Support 45.0%%
  • Support 17.3%
  • Oppose 11.0%
  • Strongly Oppose 22.6%
  • No Opinion 4.1%

Democrats
  • Strongly Support 23.3%%
  • Support 6.5%
  • Oppose 17.9%
  • Strongly Oppose 47.8%
  • No Opinion 4.5%


This merely shows that US citizens are not very bright when it comes to vaccination.

And for here's at least one prominent immunologist that regrets voting for Biden:

Prominent immunologist now regrets voting for Biden


Argument from authority.

Unless you can show that natural immunity has a lasting and useful immunity, this is speculation.
#15190732
Doug64 wrote:Yes, the cloth and surgical masks are essentially useless, while the masks that would actually have a significant impact are worn by almost no one and, so far as I know, not mandated anywhere ... perhaps because they are also more uncomfortable, especially over extended periods of time.


In response, Drlee wrote:Doug once again proves that he flunked basic science class in third grade. None of this quote is true.


What school did you go to that taught you *mask efficiency* in third grade? Or *Logic* at the age of eight ?

Follow-up question: What grade are you in now?


XogGyux wrote:So you are cool if the surgeon doing your hip, or your coronary artery bypass graft skips the mask right? I mean, the surgeon already has to deal with having to be standing up, if the mask don't do shit why inconvenience him/her?

XogGyux, if you are a surgeon, than please wear a mask during surgery. I don't think Doug is an antiMASK, so much as a person who questions their use as a way of slowing down virus pandemics.
#15190733
QatzelOk wrote:XogGyux, if you are a surgeon, than please wear a mask during surgery. I don't think Doug is an antiMASK, so much as a person who questions their use as a way of slowing down virus pandemics.

I am not a surgeon, and frankly, I hope you don't think surgeons are getting infectious control advice from random wackos on a political forum.
Quite honestly, the last person I would have expected to be defending an anti-masker is yourself. You are always with the Kumbaya "save the human" stuff. Too much to ask to wear a piece of cloth during a pandemic to save the lives/spare suffering of fellow human beings?
#15190771
XogGyux wrote:Too much to ask to wear a piece of cloth during a pandemic to save the lives/spare suffering of fellow human beings?

If it doesn't work, then yet, it's *too much.*

If it works, then no, it isn't too much.

But Dave's point was... they don't work at preventing virus transmission. And that is NOT what surgeons wear them for.
#15190773
QatzelOk wrote:If it doesn't work, then yet, it's *too much.*

If it works, then no, it isn't too much.

But Dave's point was... they don't work at preventing virus transmission. And that is NOT what surgeons wear them for.


They use it because they want to look cool?
#15190774
XogGyux wrote:They use it because they want to look cool?

Surgeons wear those masks, for a few minutes during surgery, to avoid their own saliva getting into an open wound. As soon as they leave the proximity of the surgery (even a meter), they take it off.

This is lightyears away from wearing a mask all day to avoid spreading a pandemic.
#15190777
QatzelOk wrote:Surgeons wear those masks, for a few minutes during surgery, to avoid their own saliva getting into an open wound. As soon as they leave the proximity of the surgery (even a meter), they take it off.

This is lightyears away from wearing a mask all day to avoid spreading a pandemic.

First of all.. "few minutes"? Sure an experienced surgeon might be able to do a quick appendectomy in minutes, but once you start getting into anything more complex it takes hourse. A CABG takes 3-6 hours easily for instance.

Do you think the surgeons are spitting? The saliva that you are talking about are respiratory droplets. These are the same droplets that we want to curtail for the general population when it comes to covid.
Its hilarious trying to see you guys come up with silly excuses post-hoc.
Also, you think it is just the surgeon? The scrub nurses have to wear masks as well, so are the medical students in the room. Are you ok if ONLY the surgeon wears mask for your surgery? I bet you wouldn't mind if the anesthesiologists skips it, or if the scrub nurse skips it right?
Trust me, I dislike wearing the mask. I wear it 12h at home, I hate wearing it anywhere else.
#15190813
colliric wrote:Lol. The Democrats are attacking Nicky Minaj so much she was forced to defend Tucker Carlson while also responding to personal barbs from pro-vax conservative Piers Morgan.

Lol.


Seriously where do you get your daily vaccination of rightwing talking points from? You live in Australia so it's certainly not AM radio.
#15190814
So New York has mandated that all diplomats at UN HQ must be vaccinated, except Russia's Sputnik (which is proven to be effective) is not approved according to New York because alleged contamination and therefore the Russians who are jabbed with their own vaccine are barred from entering the city. This comes after Moderna (an approved vaccine) was found to be shipping millions of contaminated shipments to Japan, and J&J also contaminated 15 million doses during manufacturing.

The absolute state of the New York idiot Mayor.
#15190816
SpecialOlympian wrote:Seriously where do you get your daily vaccination of rightwing talking points from? You live in Australia so it's certainly not AM radio.


AM radio exists in Australia, idiot.

My state:
https://www.3aw.com.au/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derryn_Hinch

NSW:
https://www.2gb.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Jones_(radio_broadcaster)

Even so....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herald_Sun

My favourite paper, read it once every couple of days. Greatest newspaper in the world.
#15190820
You wear a mask at home @XogGyux?
Do you have company?
#15190854
colliric wrote:AM radio exists in Australia, idiot.

My state:
https://www.3aw.com.au/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derryn_Hinch

NSW:
https://www.2gb.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Jones_(radio_broadcaster)

Even so....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herald_Sun

My favourite paper, read it once every couple of days. Greatest newspaper in the world.


You should probably stop listening and reading to all of these if it legit makes you white knight the victims of spermjacking in the Texas abortion thread.
#15190859
Rancid wrote:I like how conservatives advocate the for profit motive in healthcare, and then decide to not take the vaccine because of the for profit motive that they support. :knife:

I wonder if they so easily stop taking their eliquis or humira or xarelto, some of the most profit-generating pharmaceuticals in the world...
  • 1
  • 130
  • 131
  • 132
  • 133
  • 134
  • 149

The Men Who Stole the World https://tubitv.com/mo[…]

The Wuhan virus—how are we doing?

I think this is a nothing berger. The reason why[…]

"Whether we like it or not"

For what it is worth Truth to Power, in another th[…]

Even our shoes are racist.

The unacknowledged or inappropriate adoption of t[…]