Are you critical or negative about the United States of America? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Are you negative or critical of the United States of America?

Yes, I am negative or critical of the United States of America
66%
No, I am not negative or critical of the United States of America
12%
I am neither negative nor positive about the United States of America
22%
XogGyux wrote:You sure didn't. All that hate/dismay comes freely out of purely objective findings. Sure.

I grew up here, unlike you, who grew up in Cuba.

I also lived abroad for 10 years, in multiple countries.

So we have something in common.

Yes my opinions were presented honestly.

Learn to respect that, if you don't want me to get annoyed and call you bad names, such as douche bag.
XogGyux wrote:Other. Negative? Not really, I believe the US is well above average/median in terms of countries when it comes to balancing between social issues, freedom, economics, etc. The kind of things we associate with "being good".

Critical, yes for sure. But critical does not mean "i don't like this". I am critical of my mother, my brother, my friends, myself. To be honest in an imperfect system you must be critical.

Same, but I voted the "not negative" option. I think the "critical" part refers to destructive criticism.
Crantag wrote:I grew up here, unlike you, who grew up in Cuba.

I also lived abroad for 10 years, in multiple countries.

So we have something in common.

Yes my opinions were presented honestly.

Learn to respect that, if you don't want me to get annoyed and call you bad names, such as douche bag.

Let's see. 1-10 How afraid am I of being called a "douche bag" by an internet guy.... :lol: 8)
@Political Interest ;

I hope I didn't offend you.

Oh no, not in the slightest my friend!

I have nothing but the highest respect for Americans (Americans who follow the true and good American culture). My criticism of America is not of what America is in its essence but what America is doing at the moment and the direction America is choosing. I want America to choose a better way.

As do I. But it can't be done without God, and done without dropping some of the mistakes engendered in America's political beginnings.
Truth To Power wrote:I don't see hyper-individualism in the USA. What I see is a nation in thrall to their golden idol, the Great God Property. Like the Aztecs and others, they have arranged their institutions to create a line of human beings continuously shuffling forward to be lain on their idol's altar and eviscerated in a ritual of human sacrifice.

@Truth To Power ;

''Property'' though, is an extension-literally-of the hyper individualistic nature of American society. John Locke influenced Thomas Jefferson for sure, although he would have wrote the ''Declaration of Independence'' and it's ''self-evident truths '' we're allegedly endowed with as ''Life, Liberty, and Property''... Although Jefferson's ''pursuit of happiness'' means roughly the same thing and infers it (that Property is the necessary component of earthly felicity)
I think I can be critical of the US and still be positive about the country. Any country has good sides and bad sides. I have lived in the US all my life. I know that education in the US is ranked very low in the world. Test scores for Germany and China are at the top. I wish the US would try harder to improve the system but they do not. Instead, school boards are busy playing politics and chatting with everyone about dress code or anything besides curriculum.

I also have been around immigrants and foreigners from various countries. I hear a variety of feedback. Some have said that education matters less than sports. But not every kid will grow up to be a professional athlete. If you lose your mobility due to an accident, a career in sports might not be in the cards.

I am hopeful though with attempts to recycle and use less plastic. I look forward to someday owning a car that does not rely on gas. I am excited about renewable sources of energy.
Patrickov wrote:Fitting my fucking expectation, a fucking load of people who don't fucking count their blessings vote yes, so my vote is a fucking firm no.

So far, there are three "no"s.

These are people who have stated that they are NOT critical or negative about the USA.

But this is a political forum, and not being able to criticize the world-destroying empire of greed south of Canada is a major liability. It demonstrates that these three posters are mainly doing marketing for their moneyed masters.

A good dog never bits his master's hand. But is this kind of relationship healthy or wise for a homo sapien?
QatzelOk wrote:But this is a political forum, and not being able to criticize the world-destroying empire of greed south of Canada is a major liability...

Quite to the contrary, this poll clearly shows that people seem to ONLY be allowed to criticize the USA here, while those who CHOOSE not to are fiercely criticized against.

The USA is open to criticism which, IMHO, more than neutralizes the problems caused by its actions or policies. Look at countries like Belarus or China before bullying posters for having positive view of the USA in its role of upholding the current world order.
Patrickov wrote:Quite to the contrary, this poll clearly shows that people seem to ONLY be allowed to criticize the USA here, while those who CHOOSE not to are fiercely criticized against.

The USA is open to criticism which, IMHO, more than neutralizes the problems caused by its actions or policies. Look at countries like Belarus or China before bullying posters for having positive view of the USA in its role of upholding the current world order.

@Patrickov @QatzelOk ,

I intended this poll I put up to be open-ended and for anyone to clearly state their position on America. Anything beyond that is fair game. Some here have a clearly monomaniacal anti-americanism, others have a clear American Exceptionalism. Others fit somewhere between the two. Given the nature of politically opinionated persons, I suspect few will post coming from that middle group.
Patrickov wrote:Fitting my fucking expectation, a fucking load of people who don't fucking count their blessings vote yes, so my vote is a fucking firm no.

This honestly made my day. You evil scum control the whole fucking world, but at least you feel sad when you hear about how everyone hates you. I hope you cry big salty tears about how 10 people on the internet acknowledge that you're a piece of shit.
Red_Army wrote:This honestly made my day. You evil scum control the whole fucking world, but at least you feel sad when you hear about how everyone hates you. I hope you cry big salty tears about how 10 people on the internet acknowledge that you're a piece of shit.

I only feel angry because most of you seem to be ok to endorse real pieces of shit which is NOT the USA.

Please provide it again. You have no problem aski[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It has already been explained that this type of co[…]

Sure, keep thinking that. Election year is caus[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Again: nope. Putin in Feb 2022 only decided ... […]