How long does the USA have left as a unified entity? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Igor and Colleric are just trolls. And not very good ones at that. If they get together they can give each other a handjob over a picture of the USA.
It is too bad we can never debate this seriously on POFO. There are too many trolls to allow a serious discussion of this subject. Two in particular. IT would have been a very interesting thread.
Drlee wrote:It is too bad we can never debate this seriously on POFO. There are too many trolls to allow a serious discussion of this subject. Two in particular. IT would have been a very interesting thread.

@Drlee ;

My opinion is that it still can be, an interesting thread that is.

I am of the opinion that Empires can and will often persist for centuries, despite or perhaps because of my cultural pessimism. For America, that would mean pretty giving up on actually being a Republic altogether while holding to the forms of a Republic, and running itself strictly for the few, or even one. Such an America would not let Europe escape it's grasp without a fight, either. It would have a State Religion too, one in keeping with it's natural inclinations; I predict Mormonism.

America will be one political entity for a long time.
I think it will. What could happen is a greatly increased states rights movement. So states would be more loosely aligned.

For all of the problems we have right now, we have had worse in the past.

An economic downturn, oddly enough, could actually work as a unifying thing.
Drlee wrote:I think it will. What could happen is a greatly increased states rights movement. So states would be more loosely aligned.

For all of the problems we have right now, we have had worse in the past.

An economic downturn, oddly enough, could actually work as a unifying thing.

@Drlee ;

It could work as a unifying thing an economic downturn, people pulling together for survival. Because many of the lone wolf assholes, interestingly enough, fall on harder times or don't survive at all....

We'll see, so far it's a time of wolves.
Americans are fleeing to places where political views match their own
NPR, February 18, 2022

The Wootens — (from left) Nate, Tiffany, Mya and Cole — recently moved from red Indiana to Austin, a dark blue spot in the otherwise-red Texas.
John Burnett/NPR

There's a private Facebook group with nearly 8,000 members called Conservatives Moving to Texas. Three of them are sitting at a dinner table — munching on barbecue weenies and brownies — in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. None are vaxxed.

And they love it here.

"As soon as I drove into Texas, literally, as soon as I could get into the state and stop at my first truck stop for gas it was, like, 'This is wonderful,' " says Lynn Seeden, a 59-year-old portrait photographer from Orange County, Calif.

"People weren't wearing masks — nobody cared. It's kind of like heaven on earth."

She says when the state of California forced her to close her photography studio over COVID-19 restrictions, she and her husband, a retired newspaper editor, knew it was time to "escape."

America is growing more geographically polarized — red ZIP codes are getting redder and blue ZIP codes are becoming bluer. People appear to be sorting.

"We felt very out of place and very uncomfortable at times," says Tiffany Wooten, a 43-year-old stay-at-home mom whose family recently relocated from conservative Indiana to liberal Austin. "We were looking at blue cities because we wanted to be with our own people."

Moar:

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/18/10812953 ... -alignment
@BlutoSays

So, should Democrats have their own country, Republicans have their own country. That way everybody agrees with each other in the Republican country and in the Democrat country, everybody agrees with each other and Democrats and Republicans don't have to deal with each other and everybody happy, right? Simple. Problem solved! Everybody go about their merry way then. We all live happily ever after and the major political problems are solved! Right? No more political problems for anybody. Just like white people only talk and and hang out with white people. Black people only hang and talk to black people. Jews only hang out and talk to Jews and Christians only hang out and talk to Christians.

Everybody has the same point of view and doesn't have to deal with other different groups who have a different point of view and so everybody will be happy. Rich only talk to rich people. Poor people only talk to poor people and don't talk to rich people. Rich people only hire other rich people to do their work and poor people try to crowdfund with other poor people if they want to start a business. Everybody happy because then they are surrounded only by people who agree with them and only have their point of view. :lol: I mean, you know, what a brilliant idea!

Surround ourselves only with people who agree with us, look like us, have the same level of wealth as us, same level of education as us, share only the same religion, and have only our point of view and only our exact values. Everything will just be a utopian paradise then and all political problems will be solved! Right? :lol:
Bluto's post is terrifying. We have people willing to dissolve the union over what are really minor political disagreements. The Republican party knows that it will die quickly if it doesn't destroy the union. It is built on house of cards issues instead of solid conservative views. In fact, it is absolutely NOT a conservative party. It is, at the very least, a reactionary party.

So my answer is, very little time.

Perhaps we would be better off if we do have a long and expensive war with Russia. We need something to unify us. As I said before. The only hope for the union, in my opinion, is for the republicans to win a little in 2022 and more in 2024. If they don't win they will pull guns and destroy the union. And there is nothing anyone can do about it if they do.
As long as big bad Putin is around, leftists like Trudeau will hold off on attempts to mass murder conservatives because they need to be able to talk about our "freedoms" in contrast to Putin. So probably the US has some time left, although I'd be surprised if they let Trump run again, which would accelerate things if they don't.
Wulfschilde wrote:As long as big bad Putin is around, leftists like Trudeau will hold off on attempts to mass murder conservatives because they need to be able to talk about our "freedoms" in contrast to Putin. So probably the US has some time left, although I'd be surprised if they let Trump run again, which would accelerate things if they don't.

I do not understand any of this. Leftists "mass murder conservatives"? :lol:

You had better get a tinfoil hat. The beams are able to penetrate the roof of your tent. The liberals all have beam weapons. You ought to know that by now.
Drlee wrote:Bluto's post is terrifying. We have people willing to dissolve the union over what are really minor political disagreements. The Republican party knows that it will die quickly if it doesn't destroy the union. It is built on house of cards issues instead of solid conservative views. In fact, it is absolutely NOT a conservative party. It is, at the very least, a reactionary party.

So my answer is, very little time.

Perhaps we would be better off if we do have a long and expensive war with Russia. We need something to unify us. As I said before. The only hope for the union, in my opinion, is for the republicans to win a little in 2022 and more in 2024. If they don't win they will pull guns and destroy the union. And there is nothing anyone can do about it if they do.

@Drlee

If republicans pull guns then the U.S. government will have to use force to put down an insurrection. This is legacy left over from the American Civil War when white supremacist slave owners took up arms to preserve racial based slavery. And it's the same thing today, really. The leaders of such insurrection should be tried for treason and hung if they made such a decision. Treason is a crime.

The republicans that advocate this and try to do so should face treason charges and the death penalty. These are crimes under the law. Republicans will just have to learn that other people besides just only themselves have the right to free and fair elections that are not rigged and deserve to have their voice heard in government too.

If they cannot accept that then they need to pack their bags and leave the U.S. and renounce their citizenship. If they try to overthrow free and fair elections through the force of arms then they need to face treason charges under penalty of death.
Let us bray sounds about right. The left is determined to harass conservatives until they go away (this is the best way to interpret things like what went down in Canada recently) but comically changes their tune and gets rid of COVID as soon as Putin makes his move.

As lots of people have been saying, Putin cured COVID and got rid of liberal hostility in one day. Amazing :roll:
Wulfschilde wrote:Let us bray sounds about right. The left is determined to harass conservatives until they go away (this is the best way to interpret things like what went down in Canada recently) but comically changes their tune and gets rid of COVID as soon as Putin makes his move.

As lots of people have been saying, Putin cured COVID and got rid of liberal hostility in one day. Amazing :roll:

Oh c'mon! The left are angels. Salt of the earth. Pure as the driven snow. :lol:

You just don't appreciate how wonderful the left and the DNC are. Now that Biden is in orifice, can't we just let bygones be bygones?

Wulfschilde wrote:As lots of people have been saying, Putin cured COVID and got rid of liberal hostility in one day. Amazing :roll:

I’m so confused. Is Putin fighting right wing racism in Ukraine or left wing totalitarianism in the West? Well, if anyone can pull off that double whammy , it would be Putin ;)
ness31 wrote:I’m so confused. Is Putin fighting right wing racism in Ukraine or left wing totalitarianism in the West? Well, if anyone can pull off that double whammy , it would be Putin ;)

He did it, that's what's so amazing. Being reminded that there are threats other than people honking their horns got Trudope to cancel his war powers act in Canada and mask mandates were dropped in the US.

Of course, we are back on the chopping block to be harassed and provoked if/when they get rid of Putin. Fortunately, they won't be able to :excited:
ness31 wrote:I’m so confused. Is Putin fighting right wing racism in Ukraine or left wing totalitarianism in the West? Well, if anyone can pull off that double whammy , it would be Putin ;)

What did his speech specifically say? Did he use the work racism or Neo-Nazis? You may think they are the same. I'm not sure Russians link the two and more than that, they really envision "Nazi" as tanks rolling from Germany towards Moscow and Stalingrad in WWII.

Hitler attacking Russia didn't really have anything to do with racism. It was about taking land, resources and conquering a country with as little pushback as possible (a bad calculation). It was part of his nutty aspiration to rule the world. BTW, killing jews was racist and Hitler wanted one "master race", but that's not why he was trying to take Russia.
Wulfschilde wrote:He did it, that's what's so amazing. Being reminded that there are threats other than people honking their horns got Trudope to cancel his war powers act in Canada and mask mandates were dropped in the US.

Of course, we are back on the chopping block to be harassed and provoked if/when they get rid of Putin. Fortunately, they won't be able to :excited:

If there is a speck of truth to our way of thinking, then this is quite the ‘circuit breaker’ by Putin, and it has come at a huge personal cost to himself. If we’re reading it wrong, then we have lost our humanity friend :lol:

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]