School age kids can get vaccinated soon - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
They're starting that in Thailand, now, although they still have a long way to go with the whole population getting vaccinated. Only about 22% of the population is fully vaccinated.

Last year Thailand was superb in handling the pandemic. This year Thailand's a fucking hot mess!! :knife:
I've noticed that plenty of countries that went for hard lockdowns or zero COVID approaches have been comparatively slower in their vax drives. I don't think it's that surprising, we have to wait until this ends but I won't be surprised if it turns out that early lockdowns and fast vaccination campaigns are going to be among the main predictors of the death rates.
Godstud wrote:They're starting that in Thailand, now, although they still have a long way to go with the whole population getting vaccinated. Only about 22% of the population is fully vaccinated.

Last year Thailand was superb in handling the pandemic. This year Thailand's a fucking hot mess!! :knife:

You got screwed by the United States and Canada hording the western vaccines like everyone else. Sinovac is available for you to take right now. Just take the damn vaccine you anti-vaxer!

You don't want to take it just because it's Igor's prefered brand.
Last edited by colliric on 21 Sep 2021 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
@colliric I already had the Pfizer, thanks to USA sending 1.5 million to Thailand. I get my second shot next week. Prior to that I was signed up in a few places to get ANY kind of vaccine, but the Pfizer was the first one available. I never gave a shit about "brandname".

@Igor Antunov You're so full of shit that your eyes are brown. Stop spreading LIES.
colliric wrote:
Sinovac

"Despite having vaccinated more people than almost any other country (it has given over 60% of its population at least one shot, higher than the U.S.), Uruguay is dealing with one of the highest Covid-19 death rates in the world."

With no data available, the effectiveness of Sinovac against new Covid-19 variants is unknown. What is known of other vaccines against the Delta variant is a marked drop in protection with only one dose and a more limited drop once fully immunized. Even a small drop in efficacy would take Sinovac’s shot below the WHO threshold.

George Gao, the head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, acknowledged the poor efficacy of China’s vaccines at a conference in April, in what seemed to be an unintentional dissent from the party line. Gao said the country was exploring ways to “solve the problem that the efficacy of the existing vaccines is not high.”

Oooops.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/06/17/chinas-sinovac-vaccine-under-scrutiny-as-covid-soars-in-highly-vaccinated-countries/?sh=330725c21444
late wrote:"Despite having vaccinated more people than almost any other country (it has given over 60% of its population at least one shot, higher than the U.S.), Uruguay is dealing with one of the highest Covid-19 death rates in the world."

With no data available, the effectiveness of Sinovac against new Covid-19 variants is unknown. What is known of other vaccines against the Delta variant is a marked drop in protection with only one dose and a more limited drop once fully immunized. Even a small drop in efficacy would take Sinovac’s shot below the WHO threshold.

George Gao, the head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, acknowledged the poor efficacy of China’s vaccines at a conference in April, in what seemed to be an unintentional dissent from the party line. Gao said the country was exploring ways to “solve the problem that the efficacy of the existing vaccines is not high.”

Oooops.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/06/17/chinas-sinovac-vaccine-under-scrutiny-as-covid-soars-in-highly-vaccinated-countries/?sh=330725c21444

Ooooops: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2107715

Godstud wrote:@colliric I already had the Pfizer, thanks to USA sending 1.5 million to Thailand. I get my second shot next week. Prior to that I was signed up in a few places to get ANY kind of vaccine, but the Pfizer was the first one available. I never gave a shit about "brandname".

@Igor Antunov You're so full of shit that your eyes are brown. Stop spreading LIES.

Oooops: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ests-study
Igor Antunov wrote:
Ooooops: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2107715

Oooops: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ests-study

Sinovac is just above the WHO threshold, and the mortality numbers suggest more study is needed. Even Gao said so...

The Guardian article also mentioned a need for more study...

Do you always suffer from premature ejaculation?
@Igor Antunov

From the article: Healthy boysmay be more likely to be admitted to hospital with a rare side-effect of the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine that causes inflammation of the heart than with Covid itself, US researchers claim.

Supposition, in other words.

Also from the article:
In the latest study, which has yet to be peer reviewed, Dr Tracy Høeg at the University of California and colleagues analysed adverse reactions to Covid vaccines in US children aged 12 to 17 during the first six months of 2021.

So it's an opinion. You like to latch onto idiots who give opinions with nothing to back them up. It's kind of your M.O.

So you're talking out of your ass, AGAIN.

Yes, your post was a big "Oops!". :lol:
Yes, @BlutoSays, wanting to keep your child safe and healthy must be seen as a truly horrible thing for people like you. :knife:
This anti-vaccine shit is pure fanatism.
I have one patient in my hospital now with covid. The patient has been here for 2 weeks now. The patient is now getting better, but last week, was on the edge of being intubated. Patient cried and cried. Yesterday tells me it is the worse disease she ever experienced. I asked... ok so, will you get the vaccine to prevent you ever get it again this bad? Answer: no.
Fucking fanatism. I am giving a dozen medications that have far worse documented side effects, and she is not interested on that... but the vaccine... hell no.

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]

Candace Owens

She has, and to add gravitas to what she has said[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspirac[…]

Both of them have actually my interest at heart. […]