The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 138 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15191869
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, that is what I meant in terms of the actual real impact this will have in US society: almost none. The inly impact will be a few angry white protesters who will have no negative relationships with the police.



And I was not discussing that.

So I assume you are making a new argument here. Feel free.


My argument was simply that there is no universal solution, but that there are issues such as the infringement of individual freedom by the state and dividing people into groups with unequal rights everyone should take into account.

I think the point I made earlier was just to mark I come from a very different point than american conservative you probably associate these points with, you dont need to respond to it.
#15191870
boomerintown wrote:My argument was simply that there is no universal solution,


No argument from me. Most real world problems are complicated and require diverse and complex solutions.

but that there are issues such as the infringement of individual freedom by the state and dividing people into groups with unequal rights everyone should take into account.


Vaccine passports seem to be a way to maximise individual freedom since they let those of us who have done what is necessary to protect the public out into the public again.

The other option is to lockdown everyone whenever cases get too high. That seems to be a much bigger infringement of individual freedom.

As for the claim of division, we must ask ourselves “who is making this divisive?”

I think the point I made earlier was just to mark I come from a very different point than american conservative you probably associate these points with, you dont need to respond to it.


I doubt people of the global majority (i.e. non-whites) are going to be doing much protesting against vaccine passports. There are many economic reasons for this that are fairly universal across the developed world and the USA.

So this would probably also be true for whatever Scandinavian country you live in.
#15191876
@Pants-of-dog

Yes, I think we are in agreement mostly. We need to be pragmatic and if the problem is that a significant amount of people refuse vaccination and demonstrate against it due to conspiracy theories or political ideology it probably requires politicsal action.

But when the problem are weaker groups, segregated from "majority society", its different. Actually. just booking times for vaccinations to people so they get a letter telling them to show up at this date and time have made a difference which says something about the problem.

Vaccine passport between in international air travel is easier for me to understand though, but as you say it will hit hard towards countries in what we used to call the 3rd world.
#15191886
boomerintown wrote:Just up on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZRR5zZ0I0s&ab_channel=UnHerd

"Anders Tegnell: Sweden won the argument on Covid"


The video is long so nobody is going to watch it. But I assume it is about the no lockdown stuff. How did they win while having more deaths per capita compared to its neibhours and other northern European countries. Israel has less deaths per capita from Covid while spending less on healthcare on top of having less gdp per capita.
#15191922
I just witnessed an incident where a (looking) less than 5 year old Asian child was forced to put on a mask while crying non-stop and fighting back. Her own parents. Should I have filmed it? Should I go back and film it?

I deliberately made a snide comment "that rule is only for teenagers and adults. That's child abuse" as I was walking past.

Should I go back and tell her off? Should I go back and film the kid crying uncontrollably?

Edit: Damn, returned too late. They took the kid back to the car probably to "punish" her.

Second time I've witnessed a woman specifically abuse a child in a Shopping Centre.... At least she wasn't holding the kid upside down, with a concrete floor directly below the cranium should they be dropped, like in the last incident.
#15191928
It's not child abuse to want protect your child.

Are you going to let your kid play with a fork in a light socket, or stop them? Would stopping them infringe on their "freedom"? :roll:

@colliric. You're not a parent and it wasn't your place to say something that stupid to the parents. :knife: You have no clue what child abuse is.
#15191934
Godstud wrote:It's not child abuse to want protect your child.


From what? 5 year Olds do not die from Covid. Also she was SIMPLY FUCKING WRONG. I work here, I know the actual rules here. Kids don't have to wear a goddamn thing!

Are you going to let your kid play with a fork in a light socket, or stop them? Would stopping them infringe on their "freedom"? :roll:

She was telling the kid this was the shopping Centres rules and pointing to the "wear your mask sign". She WAS WRONG. The sign is only directed at adults and teenagers. Once again I work here, I know the rules here.

This is more like saying to a kid "stick the fork in the socket, even though no one else has to do it". Just because some sign aimed at adults says "everyone must work on this socket using a fork".

@colliric. You're not a parent and it wasn't your place to say something that stupid to the parents. :knife: You have no clue what child abuse is.


That's funny because the Australian Government keeps telling me I have a kid and I'm their parent, and there's another person on my Medicare card. I wonder who that could be. And Godstud I am a worker here so if she is incorrectly interpreting the Shopping Centre's rules I am allowed to come up to her and correct her using strong language. Since I work here. If you witness child abuse and don't speak up, you're disgusting.
Last edited by colliric on 24 Sep 2021 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
#15191944
Children that age can still be carriers for the disease, even if they don't suffer for it, although the Delta variant isn't playing favourites.

https://www.wrdw.com/2021/09/02/health- ... -children/

Parents can tell their kids what they want and it's not your place to say otherwise. You are not the parent, regardless of your "job".

If the parents want to tell them the sky is green you still keep your mouth shut, because it's not your place to tell them how to parent.

What you describe is not child abuse. Hyperbole. That's all it is. You exaggerate bullshit, and would likely ignore actual abuse against woman. for instance... like Texas abortion laws. :knife:
#15191945
Godstud wrote:Children that age can still be carriers for the disease, even if they don't suffer for it, although the Delta variant isn't playing favourites.


No reason to force them to wear masks which could stunt the natural development of their lungs and respiratory system.

https://www.wrdw.com/2021/09/02/health-experts-investigate-long-term-effects-delta-variant-children/

Not enough to offset the mental health and respiratory development issues related to forcing them to wear items for significant periods of time which are designed to make it harder to breathe easily.

Parents can tell their kids what they want and it's not your place to say otherwise. Shut your fucking shit-hole mouth. You are not the parent, regardless of your "job".

You are not allowed to abuse children in public. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a monster.

What you describe is not child abuse. Hyperbole. That's all it is.


It is child abuse when you force your kid to do something the other kids don't have to do, and they suffer mental trauma as a result of being singled out for absolutely no reason. It's called bullying.
#15191946
colliric wrote:No reason to force them to wear masks which could stunt the natural development of their lungs and respiratory system.
more bullshit you learned from some doctor of engineering on Youtube? :roll:

Masks do not hinder breathing. More myths from the ignorant.

Masks do not affect gas exchange
REPUBLISHED: They might sometimes feel ‘suffocating’, but recent research found masks do not affect oxygen or carbon dioxide levels.
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinic ... thlessness

Face masks don't hinder breathing during exercise, study finds
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 112934.htm

Yes, you still breathe in oxygen while wearing a COVID face mask, study shows
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 09535.html

colliric wrote:You are not allowed to abuse children in public. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a monster.
Were they beating the children or are you merely exaggerating to make a stupid point? Real abuse is a thing that should be reported.

If they were engaging in child abuse, did you contact the authorities, or did you allow it to happen and thereby condone it? Are you an enabler of child abuse? :eek:

colliric wrote:It is child abuse when you force your kid to do something the other kids don't have to do, and they suffer mental trauma as a result of being singled out for absolutely no reason. It's called bullying.
:roll: Obviously you've never been a parent, and probably should never be one, as you're mentally incapable of understanding how discipline works. Most of parenting is forcing kids to do things they 'do not want to do', and it doesn't result in mental trauma.

A parent making their child eat all their vegetables, would be abuse to you, you fucking Snowflake. :knife:

Grow up.
#15191947
more bullshit you learned from some doctor of engineering on Youtube? :roll:

Masks do not hinder breathing. More myths from the ignorant.

They hinder oxygen flow you Midwit. You've obviously never worn one for 7.5 hours four days a week.

Masks do not affect gas exchange
REPUBLISHED: They might sometimes feel ‘suffocating’, but recent research found masks do not affect oxygen or carbon dioxide levels.
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinic ... thlessness

Yes they do not fully stop oxygen flow, they make it more difficult to breathe. By how much is unknown.

Face masks don't hinder breathing during exercise, study finds
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 112934.htm

Short exercise. Like maybe 10-20 mins and only soft exercise. It was 6 and 30mins in your previous link. I would love to see them do a full shift of 7.5-8 hours. That will produce better results.


Yes, you still breathe in oxygen while wearing a COVID face mask, study shows
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 09535.html

Irrelevant as to oxygen flow. Yes you can breathe but once again not as "freely".

Were they beating the children or are you merely exaggerating to make a stupid point? Real abuse is a thing that should be reported.

If they were engaging in child abuse, did you contact the authorities, or did you allow it to happen and thereby condone it? Are you an enabler of child abuse? :eek:

I have a direct line to the security guards. They know me. It wasn't that bad luckily. They weren't drunk or straight up bashing the kid around. I have had to help sort out all sorts of things in this job.

:roll: You're an idiot. Obviously you've never been a parent, and probably should never be on, as you're mentally incapable of understanding how discipline works. Most of parenting is forcing kids to do things they 'do not want to do', and it doesn't result in mental trauma you poor deluded victim.


Parenting does NOT involve publically humiliating children in front of other people and forcing them to do things the other kids do NOT have to do.. That has the potential to cause long term psychological harm.

That is not parenting, it's psychological abuse. And do I need to repeat that I AM A PARENT.

A parent making their child eat all their vegetables, would be abuse to you, you fucking Snowflake. :knife:


No you're just a damn awful stupid Midwit.

So you hit your kids and forced them to do things other kids didn't have to in public. Fully understood Godstud.

My Dad and Mum set the best example of parenting by making a point of ALWAYS waiting till we were at home in private then giving us "6 of the best"(no more nor less) and not out and about. Unlike you.

The only time I recall my dad lost it in public was ONCE, and as an Adult, I knew I deserved it in hindsight. I did something no kid should never ever do in the public library and he lost his temper for the only time in front of other people. My mum never ever did.
#15191976
colliric wrote:They hinder oxygen flow you Midwit. You've obviously never worn one for 7.5 hours four days a week.
The facts say otherwise. What you believe isn't relevant or based on anything but a belief.

I have worn N95 masks for 12 hour shifts when I worked at a plastics manufacturing plant(for 10 years). We ground plastics and there were many particulates in the air. We had no one claim they couldn't breathe, and we had no health problems. That is, of course, supported by facts and studies. Your claims are not.

colliric wrote:Yes they do not fully stop oxygen flow, they make it more difficult to breathe. By how much is unknown.
So if it's unknown you'll make up anything you want? Is that it? :lol:

Studies say otherwise. Your beliefs are irrelevant when faced with facts that contradict you.

colliric wrote:I have a direct line to the security guards. They know me. It wasn't that bad luckily. They weren't drunk or straight up bashing the kid around. I have had to help sort out all sorts of things in this job.
So, in other words, you were making a false allegation of child abuse. Anything to push your FALSE narrative, though, right?

colliric wrote:Parenting does NOT involve publically humiliating children in front of other people and forcing them to do things the other kids do NOT have to do.. That has the potential to cause long term psychological harm.
Wearing a mask for a 1 hour shopping trip does not cause harm, and neither does parents who make their kid do things that they don't want to. The child is the one making the fuss, and children often humiliate themselves in public. It's what small kids DO, when their parents are crappy and don't discipline them until they get in public.

colliric wrote:So you hit your kids and forced them to do things other kids didn't have to in public. Fully understood Godstud.
You never said that the parents hit their kid. Now you're making up a Strawman argument to support your false narrative about masks hurting people?

Making false claims about my parenting is only hurting your argument. I don't believe you have kids, either.

colliric wrote:My Dad and Mum set the best example of parenting by making a point of ALWAYS waiting till we were at home in private then giving us "6 of the best"(no more nor less) and not out and about. Unlike you.
Not all parents are alike and I don't care how your parents did, or did not, discipline you. It's not relevant.

Implying something about my parents only shows what low-life you are, and how lacking in any sort of coherent argument you have.
#15191982
colliric wrote:They hinder oxygen flow you Midwit. You've obviously never worn one for 7.5 hours four days a week.


No, they do not.

As someone who has worn N95 masks in a work capacity (i.e. full time, more than 40 hours a week), I know for a fact that they do not. They get hot, sweaty, uncomfortable, and smell like your breath, but oxygen intake is not disrupted.

If we wish to discuss child abuse and Covid, would not letting your kid get the vaccine count as child abuse?
#15191988
Nope.... That's a private matter. Same as Religious affiliation.

Anti-vaxer parent has every right to make that decision behind closed doors in a manner which will not psychologically traumatised the child unlike what you're defending. Same as teaching their kid their religious beliefs. A private matter.

Most infants don't know what a vaccine is. They're still busy learning the ABC song.

Godstud supported publically embarrassing children in a traumatic manner in front of other people. He believes in abusing children in public, and no one witnessing it speaking out. Vastly different situation.

As someone who has worn N95 masks in a work capacity (i.e. full time, more than 40 hours a week), I know for a fact that they do not. They get hot, sweaty, uncomfortable, and smell like your breath, but oxygen intake is not disrupted.


N95 masks are designed with a filter hole making it easier to breathe. Common fitted Cloth and surgical masks are not. Big difference. I have the same experience as you. I know for a fact they do. Had to use cloth masks for a year and a half. Always feel extremely lightheaded afterwards. Lightheadedness is caused by less oxygen. Everyone I know has the exact same experience as me. All using cloth masks.
Last edited by colliric on 24 Sep 2021 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
#15191991
colliric wrote:Nope.... That's a private matter. Same as Religious affiliation.


…and so is getting your kid to wear a mask.

Anti-vaxer parent has every right to make that decision


No, not necessarily.

A 12 year old kid just won a trial to get the vaccine despite his anti-vax father’s objections.

Ignored the rest of your post because it was irrelevant.
#15191995
Pants-of-dog wrote:…and so is getting your kid to wear a mask.


Nope. It was a fully public incident done in front of other people and extremely traumatizing for the kid who was directly crying at the top of her lungs and cowering in a corner.

All for a stupid idiotic Midwit mother who was deliberately misinterpreting the shopping Centre's Covid rules to force her own selfish will on the kid.

That kid will remember that for the rest of their life.

Nice to see the Child abuse supporters are out in force.

I had to see this disturbing sight in public.
The second such incident of child abuse I've witnessed in a shopping centre. Yet "how dare you colliric!".

A 12 year old kid just won a trial to get the vaccine despite his anti-vax father’s objections.


Parents were divorced, and his mother wanted him to get the vaccine, and the kid wanted it too. Kids have two parents. They should both have input and come to some kind of parental agreement, but in that situation they disagreed so they had to decide.

If both parents opposed the Vaccine but they ruled "the kid chooses" that would be disgusting.
#15191996
colliric wrote:Nope.


Yes. You should have minded your own business.

Parents were divorced, and his mother wanted him to get the vaccine, and the kid wanted it too. Kids have two parents. They should both have input and come to some kind of parental agreement, but in that situation they disagreed so they had to decide.

If both parents opposed the Vaccine but they ruled "the kid chooses" that would be disgusting.


Your opinion is noted and dismissed as irrelevant.

All you did was agree that I was right and told me why you feel bad about that.
#15191997
colliric wrote:Godstud supported publically embarrassing children in a traumatic manner in front of other people. He believes in abusing children in public, and no one witnessing it speaking out. Vastly different situation.
You are a lying piece of shit. I said nothing of the sort, but you're simply too stupid to figure that out.

If you are too childish to form a cogent argument, making up bullshit isn't going to help you

It's too bad that your lies and false beliefs aren't supported with evidence, and facts.
#15191998
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes. You should have minded your own business.


Nope.

Kid needed to know her mum was straight up lying and making her cry in a corner in public for no damn valid reason.

Interesting to note several users support publically humiliating and mentally traumatizing their own children, yet think they're good parents and "it's none of your business".
  • 1
  • 136
  • 137
  • 138
  • 139
  • 140
  • 151
Even our shoes are racist.

@XogGyux That entire post seems based in your[…]

https://twitter.com/MargaretAtwood/status/14504297[…]

The Wuhan virus—how are we doing?

Do women have body autonomy or not? Yes or no? […]

City design is important

All the "good" American cities were buil[…]