Journalist and anti - imperialist Muratov won Nobel Peace Prize. Terrible news for Putin´s lake - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15193770
Journalist and anti - imperialist Muratov won Nobel Peace Prize. Terrible news for Putin´s lake gang and all Moscow imperialist lovers​.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58841973
https://www.b92.net/eng/news/world.php? ... _id=111928


how it feels vatniks/sralenists/Moscow lovers?
#15193974
libertasbella wrote:I'm sure Putin's shaking in his boots.

Kadyrovtsy - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Kadyrovtsy






The Kadyrovtsy also known in English as the Kadyrovites, is a paramilitary organization in ... He and his henchmen spread fear and terror in Chechnya. (.





It happened on a Saturday afternoon, shortly after 4. Anna Politkovskaya had just driven home and was carrying groceries into her central Moscow apartment. The 48-year-old journalist was shot four times at point-blank range. She was found in the apartment building's elevator. The date was October 7, 2006.


The murder shocked Russia and made headlines abroad. When Russian President Vladimir Putin visited Dresden a few days later he was greeted by protesters yelling "Murderer!" The fact that Politkovskaya was murdered on Putin's birthday,....

The journalist traveled often in the North Caucasus, writing prize-winning reports on, among other things, the murders, torture and kidnappings that took place on both sides of the conflict. In her reports she also leveled accusations against Ramzan Kadyrov, now the head of the Chechen Republic. Politkovskaya wrote political commentary books such as "Putin's Russia," in which the journalist attacked the Kremlin boss and his authoritarian rule.




Politkovskaya was also an engaged human rights activist: She worked on behalf of Chechen families as well as the mothers of fallen or missing Russian soldiers. Her work in this regard brought her a number of honors.

https://www.dw.com/en/ten-years-on-who- ... a-35985078
#15195190
Wait, what ? "Anti-imperialist" ? Wouldnt that mean he would constantly attack the biggest imperialist on the planet right now, i.e. the USA ?

I have a very hard time believing that people who actually challenge power would get a nobel peace prize.

Julinane Assagen, Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning, Bill Murray, and many other people like that wont ever get a nobel peace prize.

As Obama proved, you get those for starting a lot of illegal wars, killing many innocent people, and bombing whole countries back into the stone age.

War is peace. Thats the kind of peace the establishment is looking for.
#15195479
Negotiator wrote:Wait, what ? "Anti-imperialist" ? Wouldnt that mean he would constantly attack the biggest imperialist on the planet right now, i.e. the USA ?


Using my perception of your definition of "Imperialism", litwin will prove Russia is the most "imperialist" country in the world.

While to me, it's China.

If you insist what USA / 5-eye / EU ... do is to be called "imperialist", I will gladly declare myself as one as well, but I would ask for litwin's "imperialism" to be changed to "authoritarian aggressionism" to better reflect the matter.

And please be reminded that, there are people who prospect their place or people's future as so dire (downward trend) that they are not that afraid or resentful of war.
#15195496
Patrickov wrote:Using my perception of your definition of "Imperialism", litwin will prove Russia is the most "imperialist" country in the world.

While to me, it's China.

If you insist what USA / 5-eye / EU ... do is to be called "imperialist", I will gladly declare myself as one as well, but I would ask for litwin's "imperialism" to be changed to "authoritarian aggressionism" to better reflect the matter.

And please be reminded that, there are people who prospect their place or people's future as so dire (downward trend) that they are not that afraid or resentful of war.

great post and here comes the twist )
Why China wants Vladivostok ? Explained in details
#15195501
litwin wrote:great post and here comes the twist )
Why China wants Vladivostok? Explained in details


I am Chinese so I know Chinese history more than you do.

Frankly, Vladivostok was a bit like what Xinjiang is now -- base of race(s) distinct from Chinese (and of course Russian) until not too long ago. Even funnier was that, when Russia coerced China to cede the area it's more or less uninhabited, because the Manchus did not want the Hans to inhabit and further dilute their already minor presence.

I hate Russia for a reason similar but not entirely identical to yours. I blame Russia for most of China's current problems, but I don't find China beating Russia (or vice versa) are good endings of this scenario.

Of course, the video is from India, whose people are probably quite keen to stomp on China as well. I am genuinely afraid of them too.
#15195520
Patrickov wrote:I am Chinese so I know Chinese history more than you do.

Frankly, Vladivostok was a bit like what Xinjiang is now -- base of race(s) distinct from Chinese (and of course Russian) until not too long ago. Even funnier was that, when Russia coerced China to cede the area it's more or less uninhabited, because the Manchus did not want the Hans to inhabit and further dilute their already minor presence.

I hate Russia for a reason similar but not entirely identical to yours. I blame Russia for most of China's current problems, but I don't find China beating Russia (or vice versa) are good endings of this scenario.

Of course, the video is from India, whose people are probably quite keen to stomp on China as well. I am genuinely afraid of them too.


what do you think about Outer Manchuria´s qestion ?


After losing the Opium Wars, Qing China was forced to sign a series of treaties that gave away territories and ports to the imperialist Western powers as well as to Russia and Japan; these were known as the Unequal Treaties. Starting with the Treaty of Aigun in 1858 and the Treaty of Peking in 1860, the Sino–Russian border was realigned in Russia's favor along the Amur and Ussuri rivers. As a result, China lost Outer Manchuria (an area of more than 1 million km2) and access to the Sea of Japan.

Image

This winter could Putin strike... his army has the[…]

"Whether we like it or not"

The paleo record shows no significant difference […]

Bullshit. https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/inf[…]

Nope, or perhaps not in the sense of "you can[…]