Alec Baldwin just legit accidentally shot a woman dead.... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
I read the prop guns were piled unsecured on a table, and the crew had been using that particular gun for recreational shooting between takes.

Anyway, whatever stupidity led to the shooting, it's the armourer who's at fault for not clearing the pistol before it was taken on set.
ingliz wrote:I read the prop guns were piled unsecured on a table, and the crew had been using that particular gun for recreational shooting between takes.

Anyway, whatever stupidity led to the shooting, it's the armourer who's at fault for not clearing the pistol before it was taken on set.

No. Real guns should always be stored next to fake prop guns, and recreational shooting of lethal firearms is a valid on-the-job hobby we should all enjoy while eating a Twinkie on our lunch.
Unthinking Majority wrote:fake prop guns

As there is no need to fit in-barrel blank-firing adapters to revolvers, prop revolvers are usually real guns capable of firing real rounds.

:)

If you are wondering why there are so many edits. I was bored and went on to show examples of BFAs for semi-auto pistols and automatic weapons, and how they work, and why they don't use dedicated pot metal blank firing pistols, and the quirks of 9mm BFA barrels, and how they can all kill you if you fuck up, and other extraneous trivia. And then, after showing what a clever bugger I am when it comes to firearms, thought it better gone.
Last edited by ingliz on 27 Oct 2021 21:26, edited 6 times in total.
I don't see how Baldwin can be blamed here. And his political views seem pretty irrelevant.

He was just doing what he's told and he wasn't the one that was an expert on prop guns and meant to inspect it.

Not like he brought a piece on the set and started shooting.

He's not a murderer.

The person meant to be an expert on prop guns might have done a little manslaughter though.
Crantag wrote:I don't see how Baldwin can be blamed here. And his political views seem pretty irrelevant.

He was just doing what he's told and he wasn't the one that was an expert on prop guns and meant to inspect it.

Not like he brought a piece on the set and started shooting.

He's not a murderer.

The person meant to be an expert on prop guns might have done a little manslaughter though.

BTW, I'm just fucking around with the Alec is a murderer.
Tragic. So many questions... Today's films are like at least 50% CGI, digital retouching, sounds are oftentimes fake. Why do we need anything resembling a real gun in the set... it could be made out of foking plastic and nobody behind the screen would even notice it.
Furthermore, whoever brought bullets to a set where fake weapons are being used... this person should really be held accountable, on top of whoever idiot was in charge of the props.
This is the problem with our stupid lose laws and regulations regarding weapons... This should be a never event, there should be pretty steep fines for any weapon discharged by accident. So many stupid shit.
And ofcourse the trump psychophants don't understand the difference of what a tragedy is and what passess as "funny".
I do not understand how the camera woman was shot. Was Alec pointing his gun at the camera? They should protect all crew from weapons or debris from scenes, right? Also, they do not want any filming equipment to get damaged. Sloppy.

Do people take Alec Baldwin seriously anymore? I associate him with SNL nowadays rather than films. He might be doomed to just doing standup after this.
MistyTiger wrote:I do not understand how the camera woman was shot. Was Alec pointing his gun at the camera? They should protect all crew from weapons or debris from scenes, right? Also, they do not want any filming equipment to get damaged. Sloppy.

Do people take Alec Baldwin seriously anymore? I associate him with SNL nowadays rather than films. He might be doomed to just doing standup after this.

It does seem like at the moment of him firing a blank at the camera, maybe they should have just set up the camera, and not had someone behind it, but I don't know, maybe she had to steer it a little.

Seems like a fucked up situation, borne of a lot of incompetence.

I don't blame Baldwin though.

I'm not a celebrity lover and hardly even know who the guy is, other than the name, but it is really hard for me to see any way that he was at fault in this.

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]