WTF is THIS? What is America? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Igor Antunov wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1zi2QwpOlc

Before I watch it all, and don't know if I will, I have worked as an insurance adjuster, around the US, and I have seen some bad areas, I don't find the video inaccurate so far. My neck of the woods isn't good either, it is like the capital of child homelessness, and that is not a joke. Homelessness period is everywhere, and I'm semi-homeless, though I have a fifth wheel to crash in, but the rent is too damned high.
Crantag wrote:Before I watch it all, and don't know if I will, I have worked as an insurance adjuster, around the US, and I have seen some bad areas, I don't find the video inaccurate so far. My neck of the woods isn't good either, it is like the capital of child homelessness, and that is not a joke. Homelessness period is everywhere, and I'm semi-homeless, though I have a fifth wheel to crash in, but the rent is too damned high.

Define semi-homeless? You stay with friends, you rent a hotel room, sleep in car?
Crantag wrote:Mostly squatting on borrowed land in my RV, and sometimes traveling and staying in my car or a tent.

Hey, it's a good life though.

I don't mean to bitch too fucking much.

There is a duality to everything.

I have a good time, when I am having a good time, which hasn't really been lately, but hopefully the sun will come shining on me again soon.

I hear a mouse rummaging in my RV.

Funny thing is, I like those fuckers, so it is kinda nice.

The cats will inevitably eat them, which is good in the long run, but I definitely hear some beast scratching around.
Can't you move your RV around, using a towbar?

If you have a decently equipped RV with adequate amenities that can be moved around I don't consider you homeless. You're basically living in mobile house. Furthermore you can just rent a mailbox for a fixed address to go with your paperwork.

I know a guy that's been living in a motel with his three cats for 6 months now.

Also don't engage in cohabitation with wild mice you will get the plague or worse.
Igor Antunov wrote:Can't you move your RV around, using a towbar?

If you have a decently equipped RV with adequate amenities that can be moved around I don't consider you homeless. You're basically living in mobile house. Furthermore you can just rent a mailbox for a fixed address to go with your paperwork.

I know a guy that's been living in a motel with his three cats for 6 months now.

Also don't engage in cohabitation with wild mice you will get the plague or worse.

Yeah, nuff about me, don't want to go all into it.

I'll just mention my RV is a complete piece of shit. I have to tarp it all over, or the rain leaks in.

But it is some shelter at least.

That's enough about me though.
Igor Antunov wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1zi2QwpOlc

Wow even the under class in America live like gentry. There's so much space. Apart from the rubbish some of those places look really nice. Don't get wrong I hate litter. My desire to shoot litterers on sight does conflict with my general support for due process. But the litter's no worse than Glastonbury Green Peace festival. Funnily enough watching the zombie druggies in an earlier video rather reminded me of Sunday morning at Glastonbury Festival before the big fence went up.

For anyone outside Britain who doesn't know Glastonbury Green Peace Festival is an event where a couple of hundred thousand people turn up to some beautiful Somerset country side, get smashed on drugs and alcohol, eat take away food all weekend off disposable plates and cutlery, chunk their rubbish on to the ground, turn the place into a trash tip and then go back and congratulate themselves on caring for the planet and taking a stand on sustainable living, green values and other worthy liberal causes against the evil, ignorant uncaring corporations who are allegedly set on destroying the Earth
Last edited by Rich on 28 Oct 2021 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
Rich wrote:For anyone outside Britain who doesn't know Glastonbury Green Peace Festival is an event where a couple of hundred thousand people turn up to some beautiful Somerset country side, get smashed on drugs and alcohol, eat take away food all weekend off disposable plates and cutlery, chunk their rubbish on to the ground, turn the place into a trash tip and then go back and congratulate themselves on caring for the planet and taking a stand on sustainable living, green values and other worthy liberal causes against the evil, ignorant uncaring corporations who are allegedly set on destroying the Earth

At last! Somebody else who sees it the way I see it. :up:
jimjam wrote:Clearly Obese Donald is not aware of this situation. He will no doubt initiate a program promoting new tax reductions for billionaires once he is informed accordingly. "Trickle down (way down) economics" will be the usual justification for increasing the national debt while giving billionaires a few more billion to top off their existing billions.

There's so much wrong with your view.

1) Why would the U.S. president be responsible for this? You have a whole Philadelphia government (or even the Pennsylvania state government) who are closer to the problem than Washington DC, and THEY aren't fixing it. Why do you blame the president for local drug and homeless issues?

2) What does this have to do with taxes and billionaires? I guess your view is more money will fix this. Why? We have intergenerational welfare models that have been going on for several decades, yet they never get solved, even as more and more welfare programs are created and more welfare checks are handed out. Why is that? Does more money fix every problem?

3) You seem to think billionaires just have money to hand out to solve problems. Really? Billionaires don't have stacks of cash sitting in bank vaults. Their money is circulating in the economy to create jobs and invest in new ventures that will create additional jobs. They don't buy 500 Lamborghini's because they don't know what to do with the money. If they do, they aren't billionaires for very long.

Start thinking with your head, not your heart.
BlutoSays wrote:Their money is circulating in the economy to create jobs and invest in new ventures that will create additional jobs.
Hogwash proven wrong a thousand times over, already!

A huge study of 20 years of global wealth demolishes the myth of 'trickle-down' and shows the rich are taking most of the gains for themselves
The 2022 World Inequality Report, a huge undertaking coordinated by economic and inequality experts Lucas Chancel, Thomas Piketty, Emmanuel Saez, and Gabriel Zucman, was the product of four years of research and produced an unprecedented data set on just how wealth is distributed.

"The world is marked by a very high level of income inequality and an extreme level of wealth inequality," the authors wrote.

The data serves as a complete rebuke of the trickle-down economic theory, which posits that cutting taxes on the rich will "trickle down" to those below, with the cuts eventually benefiting everyone. In America, trickle-down was exemplified by President Ronald Reagan's tax slashes. It's a theory that persists today, even though most research has shown that 50 years of tax cuts benefits the wealthy and worsens inequality.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-bad ... %20slashes.

Don't start telling others to think with your head, when you aren't.
BlutoSays wrote:Why do you blame the president for local drug and homeless issues?

I didn't.

BlutoSays wrote:I guess your view is more money will fix this

Guess again.

BlutoSays wrote:You seem to think billionaires just have money to hand out to solve problems.

Now you are insulting my intelligence by ascribing to me dumb stereotypical nonsense that is generally regurgitated talk show propaganda.

BlutoSays wrote:Billionaires don't have stacks of cash sitting in bank vaults. Their money is circulating in the economy to create jobs and invest in new ventures that will create additional jobs

Most of them don't give a rat's ass about creating additional jobs. They are blinded by greed and endlessly looking for ways to eliminate jobs and get better #'s on their reports. Press 1 if you want to ...... Press 2 if you don't wanna ...... Press 3 if you have the patience to do our job for us ...... Press 4 if you think you will actually get to talk with a human (you WILL get to listen to some god awful noise for 15 minutes before the line goes dead)

Buffett, Gates and Bezos have as much wealth as THE BOTTOM 50% OF ALL Americans. This my friend is UNSUSTAINABLE.

This is a lie. You're not that stupid or ignorant[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]