David Starkey Absolutely OBLITERATES 'Religious Nutter' Greta Thunberg for Shaming England - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15195950
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then please note that I will not do the research for you.

If you have a claim to make, it is your obligation to provide evidence for said claim.

Thanks.

Watch the video and stop trying to purposefully waste my time in bad faith. Or don't watch the video, I don't care.
#15195985
Unthinking Majority wrote:Watch the video and stop trying to purposefully waste my time in bad faith. Or don't watch the video, I don't care.


The video does not address Greta Thunberg pionts but goes of on massive tangents dicsussing totally irrelevances. It doe snot even build a half decent straw man, it really shoddily constructed propaganda. The Video itself is bad faith.
#15195989
pugsville wrote:The video does not address Greta Thunberg pionts but goes of on massive tangents dicsussing totally irrelevances. It doe snot even build a half decent straw man, it really shoddily constructed propaganda. The Video itself is bad faith.


I find the above post to be either, 1. not particularly intelligent, or 2. deeply embedded with "secret conspiracy satanism" (trademark pending) probably written by Hillary Clinton and/or the Chinese Communist Party.

All hail sweet Satan 666.

Yours truly,
Random AI robot
#15196044
pugsville wrote:The video does not address Greta Thunberg pionts but goes of on massive tangents dicsussing totally irrelevances. It doe snot even build a half decent straw man, it really shoddily constructed propaganda. The Video itself is bad faith.


That makes sense, considering the history of this Starkey person. Apparently, he lost a job for saying some pretty racist things, and like this time, he was defending Albion from aspersions.

So it is safe to say that this man indulges in some pretty twisted rhetoric in order to defend the UK.
#15197220
On reflection I think its very important that we distinguish between the Greta Thunbergs and the likes of Prince Charles, Prince William and the Hollywood Liberals. I believe Greta Thunberg is genuine and sincere. She's probably been fed Cultural Marxist propaganda her whole life. i know their different but I feel a similar sympathy for Shamima Begum. As a child we let Muslims feed her the lies of Islam unchallenged and then she's also received a barrage of cultural Marxist propaganda, telling her that the West is evil, Muslims are the innocent victims of history, every thing good in the world was invented by Muslims, and then we're surprised and outraged when she decides to try and act on the ideology lies with which she;s been suffocated.
#15197225
Rich wrote:On reflection I think its very important that we distinguish between the Greta Thunbergs and the likes of Prince Charles, Prince William and the Hollywood Liberals. I believe Greta Thunberg is genuine and sincere. She's probably been fed Cultural Marxist propaganda her whole life. i know their different but I feel a similar sympathy for Shamima Begum. As a child we let Muslims feed her the lies of Islam unchallenged and then she's also received a barrage of cultural Marxist propaganda, telling her that the West is evil, Muslims are the innocent victims of history, every thing good in the world was invented by Muslims, and then we're surprised and outraged when she decides to try and act on the ideology lies with which she;s been suffocated.

Actually, Prince Charles gives every indication of being sincere in his beliefs as well. He was saying this stuff back in the 1970s and 80s, long before it became fashionable. In fact, he was often regarded as eccentric at best and barmy at worst by most people back then. Just as he spoke out against racism in the Armed Forces back in the 1980s, back before most people gave a fuck about it, he spoke out against the dangers of climate change and the ongoing mass extinction of vertebrates because of human activity. God knows, I'm not a big fan of the Royal Family or even Prince Charles in other aspects of his behaviour (in my view, he's an unfit person to be the head of the Church of England), but I cannot deny the sincerity of his personal beliefs.
#15197375
Well, I'm not too surprised we have people in the UK now who act like Chekov on the Enterprise and assume everything has been invented by Russia, err, England. :lol:

The UK has fallen from lofty heights indeed, and Brexit hasnt exact helped. Even without Brexit, UK was already highly damaged by its especially extreme neoliberalism. Now they are even alone with their extremist politicians. So ... what are you going to vote for in the next election, people of UK ? The Torries .. or the other Torries with the confusing name ? :p

So its no wonder that some people fabulate about the oh so glorious past.

That he's also a denier of the ongoing and already very visible climate collapse also fits. :lol: Wonder what it takes to make these people wake up. That the gulf stream ends ? :eek: That already seems unavoidable. Though England, being an island, will be hit less by that than Europe.

And yes, Thunberg and her movement love shooting themselves in the foot with their arrogance.

However, it really shouldnt matter. This is science.

People complained how Donald Trump ignored science - but they are doing it themselves, all the time. Such as with the climate collapse. Just because its so unconvenient for the profits of the oil industry, everybody in politics just ignores science.
#15197381
Negotiator wrote:

People complained how Donald Trump ignored science - but they are doing it themselves, all the time. Such as with the climate collapse. Just because its so inconvenient for the profits of the oil industry, everybody in politics just ignores science.



Pretty much.

Big Oil bought a bunch of academics and had them create the most sophisticated propaganda campaign the world has ever seen. Might even wipe humans out, it's so good, not to mention millions of other species.
#15197500
Potemkin wrote:Actually, Prince Charles gives every indication of being sincere in his beliefs as well. He was saying this stuff back in the 1970s and 80s, long before it became fashionable. In fact, he was often regarded as eccentric at best and barmy at worst by most people back then. Just as he spoke out against racism in the Armed Forces back in the 1980s, back before most people gave a fuck about it, he spoke out against the dangers of climate change and the ongoing mass extinction of vertebrates because of human activity. God knows, I'm not a big fan of the Royal Family or even Prince Charles in other aspects of his behaviour (in my view, he's an unfit person to be the head of the Church of England), but I cannot deny the sincerity of his personal beliefs.

Apologies I should perhaps have been clearer. The key matter that I see Greta Thunberg as sincere, is in actually trying to live a low "carbon", low green house gas emission, low natural resource consumption life style. I agree with you, I'm sure Prince Charles does care about the environment, but just not enough to make any real sacrifices. Richer people have always cared about nature and the natural world more than poorer people. Its hardly surprising that as people move up the Maslowite hierarchy, their concerns widen and become more sophisticated. We owe the preservation of our forests to the medieval aristocracy. Its great to see the wonderful nature reserves in the United States that Europeans have created by clearing out the Amerindians.

I don't doubt Prince Charles would like a slimmed down monarchy by dumping his brother and that Prince William has a similar attitude. Kings and Princes throwing their inconvenient younger siblings to the wolves, is hardly the mark of some new ethical monarchy. I remember "An Inconvenient Truth. The film was a complete lie. There was nothing inconvenient to Liberals at all about Al Gore's message. it was all about policies they wanted or were agreeable to already. There was no sacrifices for them.
#15197501
litwin wrote:David Starkey Absolutely OBLITERATES 'Religious Nutter' Greta Thunberg for Shaming England




100% agreed. England invented the Liberal order.... its ok for 12 year old hate England, but its funny to read how the old latent Marxist attack The Liberal order everyday , LOL! from all East Europeans I want to say thank you England and USA for inventing and expending the Liberal order all over the globe ...

Image


I would disagree. Grete honestly serves a purpose that is beneficial to me personally. If we manage to go green to a major degree then Russia is fucked and they loose any leverage. So any agent of green change is good in my book. Most of them are believers also while facing severe opposition. So they are not really corrupt.

The problem with this change though is it needs to be economical and this is where the situation gets fuzzy. Can green tech be economically viable? Well yes and it is but not everywhere sadly. There are also significant gaps with energy storage that are currently being solved. Without solving the storage problem, it is not possible to go fully green.

We should be asking ourselves how can we go green without increasing cost of KWH. The problem is not really the cost of this infrastructure and change but the cost of KWH going up compared to fossil fuels. Green energy can't function like fossil fuel one so that means we need to add cost of storage in to account. You can't increase or dicrease production at a flip of a switch because we don't control sun, wind etc supply. The only exception is nuclear i guess. Basically even if generation is cheaper then added cost of storage etc is additional cost on that KWH. (Storage and extraction from storage on top of losses during storage)

We should be optimistic though. Greening as an idea will solve several important societal problems which is the real benefit. We just need to have the tech in one form or the other for this. Ideal solution would be commercial fusion power but that is decades until being a reality. That is perhaps the only true green source that doesn't require storage and can be used the same as we do with fossil fuels.
"Whether we like it or not"

Sometimes. It depends on the context. Not really[…]

The fetus is a living being you stupid slut. […]

Belt and Road... Euro Style

How is investing 1/4 of what China is investing '[…]

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Lmao I suggest everyone check out deranged Doug64'[…]