Alec Baldwin just legit accidentally shot a woman dead.... - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Crantag wrote:It does seem like at the moment of him firing a blank at the camera, maybe they should have just set up the camera, and not had someone behind it, but I don't know, maybe she had to steer it a little.

Seems like a fucked up situation, borne of a lot of incompetence.

I don't blame Baldwin though.

I'm not a celebrity lover and hardly even know who the guy is, other than the name, but it is really hard for me to see any way that he was at fault in this.

I think of a lot of actors as puppets on a stage...they follow the script and the director's orders. Acting is a job just like herding cattle or managing a project. Baldwin was following directions and something was wrong with the prop gun.

I do think the movie title is odd though. It is vague.

I used to be into cowboy movies and thrillers when I was younger, pre-college days. I do not think I am missing much. A lot of recent movies have been getting low rotten tomatoes ratings.
Crantag wrote:He's not a murderer.

The person meant to be an expert on prop guns might have done a little manslaughter though.

What is the opinion on this in America?

From what I have read, I don't blame Baldwin either. Who the fuck would expect a film prop to be loaded? My understanding is he was given assurances that it was safe anyway.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/alec-baldwin-halyna-hutchins-killed-b1944375.html%3famp

But reading this article, the ladies father doesn't blame Baldwin either. And blames the Armoury team. We makes sense given it is their job to make sure these props are safe I would have thought.

I guess my point is I expect someone to be charged for this. But I would be surprised if it was Baldwin.
B0ycey wrote:
What is the opinion on this in America?

From what I have read, I don't blame Baldwin either. Who the fuck would expect a film prop to be loaded? My understanding is he was given assurances that it was safe anyway.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/alec-baldwin-halyna-hutchins-killed-b1944375.html%3famp

But reading this article, the ladies father doesn't blame Baldwin either. And blames the Armoury team. We makes sense given it is their job to make sure these props are safe I would have thought.

I guess my point is I expect someone to be charged for this. But I would be surprised if it was Baldwin.

I think most people agree Baldwin isn't at fault. Me calling him a murderer is just me fucking around. I think the team that manages all the fire arms is liable here.
Rancid wrote:I think most people agree Baldwin isn't at fault. Me calling him a murderer is just me fucking around. I think the team that manages all the fire arms is liable here.

With all due respect this is total nonsense. Alec Baldwin just shot me in the effing face point-blank.

All I wanted from him was a Trump impression and this is how he treats people? :?:
Beren wrote:This is supposed to be a case when the gun killed someone, not the person, although it was someone's fault, of course. Alec Baldwin won't be convicted for this, obviously, or he won't go to jail for it at least. He'll pledge to never take any kind of gun in his hand again, I guess.

If the gun did it, we should sentence the gun to prison.
Beren wrote:This is supposed to be a case when the gun killed someone, not the person, although it was someone's fault, of course.

This reminds me of why Police call 'Traffic Accidents' incidents. An accident imply no one is a fault but an incident implies someone was. The same will be the case here. It has to be someones fault. The bullet didn't enter the gun on its own. But I don't think anyone who was on a movie set would think the prop was a live weapon and as such the fault isn't necessarily the same as the person who fires the gun. I guess it is easy to blame Baldwin given he was the guy who pulled the trigger. But from the information I have, they was someone who was in charge of Armoury so I think the answer will be found there.
B0ycey wrote:This reminds me of why Police call 'Traffic Accidents' incidents. An accident imply no one is a fault but an incident implies someone was. The same will be the case here. It has to be someones fault. The bullet didn't enter the gun on its own. But I don't think anyone who was on a movie set would think the prop was a live weapon and as such the fault isn't necessarily the same as the person who fires the gun. I guess it is easy to blame Baldwin given he was the guy who pulled the trigger. But from the information I have, they was someone who was in charge of Armoury so I think the answer will be found there.

The point in this case is that guns are very dangerous weapons or tools that can kill a person very easily by mere accident, let alone gun violence.
Beren wrote:The point in this case is that guns are very dangerous weapons or tools that can kill a person very easily by mere accident, let alone gun violence.

Indeed. I am not pro gun, although I am also not American. But unless we want Westerns without guns at all, we need props to stimulate that and the answer in this instance in not to not have guns on set but not to put live ammunition in them. Because the police have confirmed that the gun was loaded with actual bullets, Ingliz gave an account that seems plausible (I have no details on the cause), and if true, this was a fuck up beyond stupidity.
Beren wrote:This is a story with a moral, and the beginning of a massive anti-gun campaign most likely.

If mass shootings in schools won't do the trick, then an over-the-hill Hollywood type accidentally shooting one of his film crew on a movie set ain't gonna do it either. :|
Potemkin wrote:If mass shootings in schools won't do the trick, then an over-the-hill Hollywood type accidentally shooting one of his film crew on a movie set ain't gonna do it either. :|

Mass shootings in schools aren't really about guns, they're about gun violence, but there's no gun violence in this case and the gun was merely being used as a tool as the accident happened. There's a different message, although it's dubious indeed if it's going to do the trick. However, I'm sure it won't stop here.
Potemkin wrote:If mass shootings in schools won't do the trick, then an over-the-hill Hollywood type accidentally shooting one of his film crew on a movie set ain't gonna do it either. :|

Beren wrote:Mass shootings in schools aren't really about guns, they're about gun violence, but there's no gun violence in this case and the gun was merely being used as a tool as the accident happened. There's a different message, although it's dubious indeed if it's going to do the trick. However, I'm sure it won't stop here.

Potemkin is right here Beren. Perhaps you do not understand American culture very well. Gun accidents happen all the time in the US, no one gives a shit about that as a reason to ban guns. Even when a kid finds a gun and shoots himself. These things do not move the needle for Americans.

Nothing to see here folks. carry on.
Rancid wrote:Potemkin is right here Beren. Perhaps you do not understand American culture very well. Gun accidents happen all the time in the US, no one gives a shit about that as a reason to ban guns. Even when a kid finds a gun and shoots himself. These things do not move the needle for Americans.

So what? Do you think they'll ever accept that? Do you understand that nothing actually happened in the real world? The massive anti-gun campaign has already been going on and Alec Baldwin has been in character all along actually.
Beren wrote:So what? Do you think they'll ever accept that? Do you understand that nothing actually happened in the real world? The massive anti-gun campaign has already been going on and Alec Baldwin has been in character all along actually.

I don't even understand what you are saying here.
B0ycey wrote:someone was in charge of Armoury

If a qualified armourer had cleared the weapon before it went on set, s/he would have easily seen something was amiss, that the rounds were live when s/he saw, did a double-take, and checked the headstamps on the ammunition.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]