Alec Baldwin just legit accidentally shot a woman dead.... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Rancid wrote:Even if it's an accident

There is an argument to be made that Baldwin knowing he was being handed a real gun should have checked it himself.

Be sure the gun is safe to operate.

— Third Rule of Gun Safety, NRA
ingliz wrote:There is an argument to be made that Baldwin knowing he was being handed a real gun should have checked it himself.

Sure, I don't believe that should make him criminally liable though. This is probably why they do not train the actors in anyway, so that they are not liable.... sounds weird but stuff like this is done all the time.
ingliz wrote:@Rancid

I mention it because the police refuse to rule out charging him.

Yea, I understand.

I think that is related to the fact that he is also a producer in the movie, and thus has the ultimate say in who gets hired and who doesn't, including those responsible for firearms safety. But whateves.
ingliz wrote:@Rancid

According to wiki, in the U.S., there is currently no corporate manslaughter law.

I forgot, corporations have more rights and protections than people.

That said, I'm sure they open to civil liabilities (getting sued for damages).
ingliz wrote:There is an argument to be made that Baldwin knowing he was being handed a real gun should have checked it himself.

That's not how prop guns work. It was an antique F.lli Pietta long Colt 45 revolver, and the bullet tips can be seen in close up shots on camera.

The rounds needed to have the primer and gunpowder removed, so the bullets looked real on camera but didn't work.

Baldwin actually had no way of checking this out for himself, he was told the gun was safe and the rounds were duds(different to blanks). They were rehearsing a close up shot of the gun.

Literally this armourer fucked up in almost the exact same way as in Brandon Lee's death.
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was the rookie armorer in charge of weapons on the set of Baldwin’s “Rust” film when his prop gun fired last week, killing director of photography Halyna Hutchins. She said the gun was locked up in a safe in a prop truck during the lunch break and taken out shortly before the fatal scene lumplication, saying the gun appeared safe to her. No one has been arrested over the incident, but criminal charges have not yet been ruled out.

According to a search warrant affidavit filed Wednesday, David Halls, the first assistant director on the set, told investigators that he should have inspected the weapon for live rounds before handing it to Baldwin, Variety reported.

The affidavit said: "David [Halls] advised when Hannah [Gutierrez-Reed] showed him the firearm before continuing rehearsal, he could only remember seeing three rounds.

"He advised he should have checked all of them, but didn't, and couldn't recall if she spun the drum," the affidavit read.

https://www.newsweek.com/alec-baldwin-p ... er-1643386
colliric wrote:so the bullets looked real on-camera ...Baldwin had no way of checking this out for himself,

From what I've seen, theatrical props - the dummy inert rounds - don't have a headstamp; this would make them easily distinguishable from the commercial ammunition you can buy at your local Walmart to anybody who cared to look.
ingliz wrote:From what I've seen, theatrical props - the dummy inert rounds - don't have a headstamp; this would make them easily distinguishable from the commercial ammunition you can buy at your local Walmart to anybody who cared to look.

Alec Baldwin probably wouldn't have known that because he hasn't actually done very many movies where he fires a gun. Literally this was his first ever western in his career, and the first action film in which he was to be the lead star for a long long time.

The whole point of having a armourer present is so that they can supervise the safe use of the firearm, because actors are usually not experienced in how to use them properly.

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]