Alec Baldwin just legit accidentally shot a woman dead.... - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
colliric wrote:this armourer fucked up in almost the exact same way as in Brandon Lee's death.

No, she didn't.

Brandon Lee's accident:

An on-site bodge of a dummy round that still had a primer killed Brandon. When it was fired the primer imparted just enough energy to the dummy projectile to produce a squib - a bullet in the barrel just past the chamber - The replacement blank round used in the death scene sent that bullet out of the gun.
I said "almost" because the rounds in both situations were meant to be gunpowder and primer removed dummies.

In Lee's case the primer wasn't removed and someone, possibly the other actor doing rehearsal, pulled the trigger forcing the tip into the chamber.

Of course Alec just got straight up handed a live gun.
Dummy rounds

Best practice is for the base of the round to be machined complete with a fake primer from solid brass (no primer pocket to leave a primer in) and a bb pellet placed in the empty cartridge case before the dummy projectile is pressed in, giving the user an auditory signal, when shaken, that the round is a dummy.

The Actors’ Equity Association’s* guidelines state: Before each use, make sure the gun has been test-fired off stage and then ask to test fire it yourself.

* An American labor union
Drlee wrote:Our fascination with guns. Since guns don't kill people, people do, this should result in someone going to jail for a long time.

I think it would be better for the families if they sued whoever it is they have the right to sue.

Baldwin will probably be straight up willing to pay out I don't think he even needs to be sued. The film studio or production company is most legally responsible from a civil proceedings point of view.
colliric wrote:I think it would be better for the families if they sued whoever it is they have the right to sue.

They will both sue and demand justice like anyone else would do. The studio will get sued due to health and safety clearly not being adhered to. And responsibility in this case isn't as clear as you might think which is why no one has been charged yet. The Armourer is saying she wasn't aware that live rounds were on set and that the claims the guns were being used between sets was false, so I suspect the police are trying to get to the bottom of that first. I still think Guettierez-Reed is the one who is likely to be charged because she should have at least known the difference between bullets and test fired to make sure she had blanks. Whether this is all her fault remains to be seen, however her contractual responsibility will be her downfall.
B0ycey wrote:test fired to make sure she had blanks.

If you test-fire blank rounds, they will go bang. A visual inspection to make sure it is a blank round and there is no bullet, checking that the barrel is clear will do.

Inert rounds - rounds that aren't supposed to go bang - must be test-fired.
The key point is that Hollywood Liberals are hypocrites. Note I lump Pince Charles and Prince William in with the Hollywood Liberals. They're both actors. they're both performers like the Holywood liberals. And Like the Holywood liberals their performances are highly expensive and consume large amounts of the worlds scarce resources. These Liberals whine on and on about climate change yet want to take part in these astronomically costly block buster movies. Necessary so the heroes of Liberal Hollywood the actors and directors can get paid their huge salaries. A big part of the problem with Rust was that Baldwin had fallen off the A list and was trying to make the movie on what was by Holywood liberal standards a shoe string.

Prince Charles and Prince Andrew like the other Hollywood Liberals justify their hugely costly and resource consuming working lives by peppering their performances, their movies with liberal messages. :lol: People seem to forget that her majesty Queen Elizabeth was ramming the Commonwealth down our throats long before diversity became fashionable. There is a real concern about a run away Green House effect. If the planet is warming and continues to warm up because of human green house emissions then Holywood liberals will feel mandated to make ever more, ever more expensive block buster movies to wake us to the need to cut down our resource consumption. I mean seriously conservatives how many movies to these people need to make, before you wake up. These Liberals wouldn't pay themselves such seriously huge salaries if it wasn't that they took the problem so seriously.

Of course its highly amusing when these Holywood Liberal types fall out, for example with Prince Andrew criticising vaccine lover William Shatner for space tourism. What we see with Rust is that their hypocrisy even extends to guns. Its alright for the Prince Charles, Prince Andrew and Alec Baldwins of this world to own guns for work and play, but not for us. Shit happens. people get killed at work. I haven't worked on movie sets, but I have worked on building sites. Accidents happen. my own mate got a steel rod through his testicle sac in a building site work place accident. We don't need to stop the world every time there's a work place accident. The point is not the particulars of responsibility or liability but the seemingly bottomless hypocrisy of the Holywood Liberals.
Rich wrote:The key point is that Hollywood Liberals are hypocrites. Note I lump Pince Charles and Prince William in with the Hollywood Liberals. They're both actors. they're both performers like the Holywood liberals. And Like the Holywood liberals their performances are highly expensive and consume large amounts of the worlds scarce resources. These Liberals whine on and on about climate change yet want to take part in these astronomically costly block buster movies. Necessary so the heroes of Liberal Hollywood the actors and directors can get paid their huge salaries. A big part of the problem with Rust was that Baldwin had fallen off the A list and was trying to make the movie on what was by Holywood liberal standards a shoe string.

Prince Charles and Prince Andrew like the other Hollywood Liberals justify their hugely costly and resource consuming working lives by peppering their performances, their movies with liberal messages. :lol: People seem to forget that her majesty Queen Elizabeth was ramming the Commonwealth down our throats long before diversity became fashionable. There is a real concern about a run away Green House effect. If the planet is warming and continues to warm up because of human green house emissions then Holywood liberals will feel mandated to make ever more, ever more expensive block buster movies to wake us to the need to cut down our resource consumption. I mean seriously conservatives how many movies to these people need to make, before you wake up. These Liberals wouldn't pay themselves such seriously huge salaries if it wasn't that they took the problem so seriously.

Of course its highly amusing when these Holywood Liberal types fall out, for example with Prince Andrew criticising vaccine lover William Shatner for space tourism. What we see with Rust is that their hypocrisy even extends to guns. Its alright for the Prince Charles, Prince Andrew and Alec Baldwins of this world to own guns for work and play, but not for us. Shit happens. people get killed at work. I haven't worked on movie sets, but I have worked on building sites. Accidents happen. my own mate got a steel rod through his testicle sac in a building site work place accident. We don't need to stop the world every time there's a work place accident. The point is not the particulars of responsibility or liability but the seemingly bottomless hypocrisy of the Holywood Liberals.

While I agree with every word of that rant, I would just like to add that it's not just Hollywood Liberals who are colossal hypocrites. We all are. In fact, the only way not to be a colossal hypocrite would be to live in a mud hut in the Outer Hebrides while subsisting on a diet of seaweed and fungi. Given the choice, I'll take the hypocrisy, thanks. Lol.
Rich wrote:So some people might be a bit surprised that a gun control liberal type like Alec Baldwin should end up accidentality shooting someone.

Not surprised at all. Only someone who hates guns would fail to learn enough about them that they'd break the first rule of firearm safety.
Rich wrote:The key point is that Hollywood Liberals are hypocrites. Note I lump Pince Charles and Prince William in with the Hollywood Liberals. They're both actors. they're both performers like the Holywood liberals. And Like the Holywood liberals their performances are highly expensive and consume large amounts of the worlds scarce resources. These Liberals whine on and on about climate change yet want to take part in these astronomically costly block buster movies. Necessary so the heroes of Liberal Hollywood the actors and directors can get paid their huge salaries. A big part of the problem with Rust was that Baldwin had fallen off the A list and was trying to make the movie on what was by Holywood liberal standards a shoe string.

Those are all rather dumb arguments if you think about it. You've done better rants.
I think Baldwin should be sued. He was holding the gun. I am assuming he was instructed to shoot the gun and he did it willingly.

Or put another way, he is at fault. In the US, if someone drowns in your swimming pool even if you're not at home...you still get sued. This is one reason that some Americans choose not to have pools in their back yard.

Plus, Baldwin can probably afford it. He is not poor. He has been in the industry for decades. If he pays up now, he pays for the damages and then he can just walk away. Or he can make it his life's mission (or what years of life he has left) to ensure that film sets are safer. He has a choice.
MistyTiger wrote:Baldwin can probably afford it

That shouldn't be a valid reason to sue someone. Anyway, I do agree that his production company should be sued. Perhaps he personally should be sued too as he was at the helm of his own production company.
Rancid wrote:That shouldn't be a valid reason to sue someone. Anyway, I do agree that his production company should be sued. Perhaps he personally should be sued too as he was at the helm of his own production company.

Well, not in this case. But what if it's the case where a poor person is being sued for 1 million? If the person has only $200 in their bank account, what then? I just don't think it's right to sue the pants off of someone with very little resources.
MistyTiger wrote:Well, not in this case. But what if it's the case where a poor person is being sued for 1 million? If the person has only $200 in their bank account, what then? I just don't think it's right to sue the pants off of someone with very little resources.

Not to mention the fact that there is no point in doing so. When are you actually going to get the million bucks if they're paying it off at fifteen bucks a week? :lol:
MistyTiger wrote:Well, not in this case. But what if it's the case where a poor person is being sued for 1 million? If the person has only $200 in their bank account, what then? I just don't think it's right to sue the pants off of someone with very little resources.

American sueing culture needs reforming if someone can sue for someone else trespassing and drowning given compensation should be given if their is fault within law, not fault in lawlessness and Baldwin may be sued in any case not necessarily due to firing the gun but being part of the production team. I don't see fault in firing a gun if you are directed to do so if are led to believe the gun has blanks. The problem in this case is live rounds were on set, so someone is at fault here and that may well be the production team that Baldwin is part of.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]