US college students don't hesitate to pledge money to the Taliban - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This conservative decided to do an undercover video to see how many students on a US college campus he could convince to donate money to the Taliban, using progressive hot-button words to gain their sympathy.

But the makers of this video were shocked at how easy it was, and how many students they were able to convince to pledge money.

Is it a combination of college students being notoriously naive and stupid, or these students having been so conditioned by their learning environment to feel sympathetic towards Muslims and groups like the Taliban?

https://nypost.com/2021/10/20/students- ... gone-woke/

from the article:

In his shocking new video “Students Fund the Taliban,” New York filmmaker Ami Horowitz hits up the campus of legendarily leftist school University of California, Berkeley, with a modest pitch: raise money for the Taliban to perpetrate its attacks on Americans.

But Horowitz, founder of Disruptive Pictures, told The Post that even he didn’t think he could pull off his latest stunt.

“Every time I dream up an idea for a new video, I always have the same conversation with myself: ‘I’ve gone too far, this is too insane.’ There’s no way that people will accept the premise I’m going to present them with,” said Horowitz, referencing a video he filmed on the Yale campus, armed with a petition to repeal the First Amendment, which many students were all too happy to sign. “I thought, ‘How can I go to a major American university and ask people to give me money for the Taliban, specifically to kill Americans? What universe do I have to be in to find American kids willing to give me money to kill Americans?’ But that’s exactly what we found.”
Indeed, the video reveals one student after another inspired to take up the cause of the Taliban.

Students caught on camera enthuse, “That sounds great!” and “Appreciate what you’re doing” while pledging anywhere from $5 to $50. One student even professed his sympathies for Horowitz’s mission, declaring, “I would work for you.”

In fact, he said that the videos aren’t cherry-picked, and genuinely reflect the attitudes of the people he meets.

The students’ overwhelming support even left the video’s crew bewildered. The cameraman, a left-of-center San Franciscan, stopped Horowitz after 30 minutes of shooting and took him aside: “Am I being punked right now? Are these actors?” he asked the filmmaker, unable to process what he was seeing, and saying, “I don’t understand what’s happening.”

The Northern California school, which is ranked 22nd on the US News compilation of national schools, has its own professors to blame for their self-hating impulses, said Horowitz. “This is one of the best schools in the country. It’s complete and total brainwashing coming from the professors - they’re preaching the ills of America day in and day out.”

On YouTube, commenters were disgusted with students’ clueless attitudes. “What in the hell they are teaching our children in college?” said one commenter, while another noted, “So much for higher education. Needs to be called indoctrination for now on.”
Puffer Fish wrote:while pledging anywhere from $5 to $50.

So nobody actually handed over any money. If you believe these responses are genuine then you're the naive one. How many votes do the pollsters have to get wrong before you'll learn that people are making fun of you and your silly questions?
AFAIK wrote:So nobody actually handed over any money. If you believe these responses are genuine then you're the naive one. How many votes do the pollsters have to get wrong before you'll learn that people are making fun of you and your silly questions?

I don't believe that was the case.
These people in the video seemed to genuinely believe him.

Oh please post those too :lol: Very obvious p[…]

No, it does not. It is governed by the rather vagu[…]

Go tell this to all states that have establishe[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]