Kyle Rittenhouse Trial - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Related:

An anti-fascist activist in Florida was sentenced to 44 months in federal prison for his social media posts that called for armed defense against possible far-right attacks on the state’s Capitol in the wake of the January 6th riots.

Daniel Baker, a 34-year-old yoga teacher and emergency medical technician trainee, had no previous criminal convictions and has already been held for 10 months of harsh pretrial detention, including seven months in solitary confinement. He never brought a weapon near a government building; he amassed no armed anti-fascist forces; he made no threats on a single individual.

And yet Baker is receiving a punishment far worse than most of the Trump supporters who perpetrated the violence and vandalism upon the Capitol complex. For example, a Texas man who joined the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol was sentenced Monday to 45 days behind bars. Others have received probation or other legal slaps on the wrist. Baker simply expressed in his posts what a lot of other Americans were feeling. The FBI had warned of the potential for armed protests at state capitols. Florida is home to over 60 far-right, white supremacist, and neo-Nazi groups recognized by the Southern Poverty Law Center, and there are well-reported links between Florida police departments and far-right militia groups.

https://hillreporter.com/florida-anarch ... son-115638
To be honest with you I believe it essentially was self defence, but he was also putting himself in the dangerous situation to begin with.

He didn't drive there to shoot people, but he also came fully loaded.

Not sure how this will go. Looks 50/50 to me.
By Rancid
What is the charge that he's up on?

If it's some sort of manslaughter type of charge, it would be more likely he's found guilty. If it's straight murder, I think he will walk.
The killer should definitely get charged for several counts of murder.

The moment he fled the scene of the first killing, he was committing a felony.

Anyone who kills someone while committing a felony is guilty of murder.

He will probably be acquitted, because the USA has a long history of allowing racist white vigilantes to do whatever they want.
By Rancid
Pants-of-dog wrote:The killer should definitely get charged for several counts of murder.

He will probably be acquitted, because the USA has a long history of allowing racist white vigilantes to do whatever they want.

He will walk, indeed. The US justice system gives a lot of leeway to white vigilantes, that is for sure and well documented.

USA! USA! USA!
Remember that all of this was precipitated by police violence:

On August 23, 2020, Jacob Blake, an African-American man, was shot four times in the back by a Kenosha police officer after he was tasered.[20][21][22] Blake was shot after he opened the door to an SUV, and was leaning into the vehicle.[23][24][25] He is paralyzed from the waist down.[26][27]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest_shooting
Rancid wrote:What is the charge that he's up on?

If it's some sort of manslaughter type of charge, it would be more likely he's found guilty. If it's straight murder, I think he will walk.

He's going to walk because people who were out committing crimes intimidated him with gun fire and then attacked him and then he shot them to defend himself.

Dude came loaded to defend a car lot from rioters. Then the rioters came onto the private property he was defending and started messing with him. Then they shot gunfire in the air to intimidate him and then attacked him and tried to grab his gun, so he defended himself. Then he ran for his life, got attacked again, then defended himself again and kept running.
Unthinking Majority wrote:He's going to walk because people who were out committing crimes intimidated him with gun fire and then attacked him and then he shot them to defend himself.

Dude came loaded to defend a car lot from rioters. Then the rioters came onto the private property he was defending and started messing with him. Then they shot gunfire in the air to intimidate him and then attacked him and tried to grab his gun, so he defended himself. Then he ran for his life, got attacked again, then defended himself again and kept running.

If he had just shot someone in self defence, why did he need to run for his life?
Pants-of-dog wrote:The killer should definitely get charged for several counts of murder.

Fled the scene? He was being attacked and chased. He ran for his life.

He was standing on private property trying to defend it from the hooligans all around him who were out looting and setting fire to everything in the cover of darkness. They brought the violence on to themselves. You march onto private property firing gunshots in the air (a crime) trying to intimidate people (another crime) and then throw crap at guy (a crime) and then attack him while trying to take his firearm...yeah you might get shot LOL. The 1st death should be ruled a suicide.

The only mistake Rittenhouse made was putting himself in that situation to begin with. He should have just stayed home and let insurance cover everything. In fact everyone should have stayed home because they're all idiots.
Pants-of-dog wrote:If he had just shot someone in self defence, why did he need to run for his life?

Because people were chasing him and it was unsafe. If you just shot someone and had angry mobs all around you that were angry with you would you just stand around or would you GTFO?
Unthinking Majority wrote:
The only mistake Rittenhouse made was putting himself in that situation to begin with. He should have just stayed home and let insurance cover everything. In fact everyone should have stayed home because they're all idiots.

Okay, so all of that aside, what should happen to the shooter of Blake?

Does opening one's vehicle now constitute a crime?

Blake was shot after he opened the door to an SUV, and was leaning into the vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest_shooting

Are you secretly an overzealous criminologist -- ? (grin)
ckaihatsu wrote:Okay, so all of that aside, what should happen to the shooter of Blake?

Does opening one's vehicle now constitute a crime?

I'm not sure. What I do know is that Blake was disobeying lawful orders while he had weapons drawn on him and then reached into his car. The officers had every reason to fear for their safety. Are they going to wait for Blake to turn around pointing at them with a gun before they shoot?

Maybe they should have, I dunno what the protocol is. But Blake was an idiot and made some very bad decisions. Always follow police lawful orders, especially if they have weapons drawn on you. If I had guns drawn on me by ANYONE I would do exactly as they said, and I certainly wouldn't reach inside my vehicle!!
Unthinking Majority wrote:Because people were chasing him and it was unsafe. If you just shot someone and had angry mobs all around you that were angry with you would you just stand around or would you GTFO?

Please provide evidence for this claim.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Watch the video evidence.

Then provide the video evidence.

Let me know the time in the video where we see the killer being chased away from his first killing.
colliric wrote:To be honest with you I believe it essentially was self defence, but he was also putting himself in the dangerous situation to begin with.

He didn't drive there to shoot people, but he also came fully loaded.

Not sure how this will go. Looks 50/50 to me.

Yeah he put himself in a dumb situation. Being dumb isn't a crime though.

I can tell you who the people are who 100% went out there with the intention to commit crimes. A lot of them didn't look like middle-aged black people who were fed up with putting up with police racism their whole lives. They were college or high school aged white male hooligans - just bored young men looking to act like punks and fuck shit up because breaking stuff is fun.
Unthinking Majority wrote:
If I had guns drawn on me by ANYONE I would do exactly as they said, and I certainly wouldn't reach inside my vehicle!!

And should this kind of "mistake" be routinely punished with summary execution?

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]