Political bias. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Torus34
The Covid-19 viral pandemic may be found to be unusual, once the necessary data have been accumulated and treated statistically. It may be a virus which has a higher fatality rate for the members of one of our two major political parties than for those of the other.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
By Potemkin
Torus34 wrote:The Covid-19 viral pandemic may be found to be unusual, once the necessary data have been accumulated and treated statistically. It may be a virus which has a higher fatality rate for the members of one of our two major political parties than for those of the other.

Ideology can be more deadly than any virus.
By Rancid
Unfortunately, this virus isn't as deadly as the media made it out to be. That is, even though it's killing more Trumptards and MAGA morons. It's not killing enough of them. It's a damn shame, it could have prevented the coming Coup in 2024. Actually, even if it did kill bunch of them, it might not matter either. The numbers don't matter when you have a bunch of morons experiencing an existential crisis. This puts people in a mode where they are willing to burn it all down because they are scared of something they don't understand.

It's also a shame it didn't kill Trump.

RIP USA

The media over-hyped and fear mongered this virus beyond reality. It would be foolish to point to this data as some sort of moment of mass learning. The numbers just aren't big enough.
By late
Rancid wrote:
The media over-hyped and fear mongered this virus beyond reality.

Not really, when all is said and done, that bugger is working it's way up to a million dead.

There has been a learning curve, and everyone has struggled to keep up.
By Rancid
late wrote:

Not really, when all is said and done, that bugger is working it's way up to a million dead.

There has been a learning curve, and everyone has struggled to keep up.

We have many more morons than that. Not enough are dying. A crying shame.
By late
Rancid wrote:
We have many more morons than that. Not enough are dying. A crying shame.

The trick with fighting monsters is to fight them without becoming like them.
By Rich
Why are Liberals so stupid? I can't read the NY Times article so I'm just going on its presentation in the thread. We've tried to explain this to you over and over again. In another humiliating blow to the Lockdown Liberals Sweden has moved down the charts yet another place to 55th in the overall deaths per head of population. We tried to explain this to you morons right at the start. That places that kept their Covid cases low at the start would tend to have higher cases later on. We see this on a world level but we also see it on national level. States, cites and counties that got hit badly early on have built up immunity. there are other factors, depending on the figures Florida has the oldest population in the union, but of course your average Liberal is too stupid to take that into account.

I mean this is how retarded some Liberals, there were liberals on this forum that insisted on blaming every single death American Covid death on Donald Trump. I mean what kind of pathetic fantasy world were these people living in? Early on and for many months pretty much all the high case counties were Democrat controlled in Democrat controlled cities in Democrat controlled States. There are some things like the military and foreign policy where the President has a high degree of control, but controlling what goes on in a pandemic is not one of them. I mean Liberals did you not even notice the difficulties that Obama had with Obama care and the States.

But just imagine if Trump had taken it really seriously like the Chinese government did. Imagine if he'd set military cordons around the Covid infested Liberal cites with a shoot to kill policy. You'd have been up in arms.
By anna
late wrote:The trick with fighting monsters is to fight them without becoming like them.

I know I've disagreed strongly with you on some things, but man, so often you're right on the money.

Not always :excited: but so often.
By ckaihatsu
Torus34 wrote:
The Covid-19 viral pandemic may be found to be unusual, once the necessary data have been accumulated and treated statistically. It may be a virus which has a higher fatality rate for the members of one of our two major political parties than for those of the other.

The virus is a *Democrat*. (gasp)

= D
By ckaihatsu
Unthinking Majority wrote:
The human mind is our greatest tool for adaptation and survival. Those who use it better than others tend to survive and succeed better than others.

And those with capital at their disposal do better-still.
ckaihatsu wrote:And those with capital at their disposal do better-still.

It's hard to acquire a lot capital without intelligence. Elon Musk and Warren Buffett are more intelligent and make better decisions than virtually all of their employees.

Compare the top 10% income earners vs the bottom 10%.
By ckaihatsu
Unthinking Majority wrote:
It's hard to acquire a lot capital without intelligence. Elon Musk and Warren Buffett are more intelligent and make better decisions than virtually all of their employees.

Compare the top 10% income earners vs the bottom 10%.

And those with capital just *hire* those people to make their capital work for them.
By late
wat0n wrote:
Why doesn't the chart start from February 2020?

As a guess, that's when the anti-vaxxers cranked up.
By Rich
Crudely speaking people become rich by 3 means:

1 By doing good for society. By producing goods and services that people want and that improve their lives.

2 By doing bad for society. By producing goods and services that they can sell that don't improve people's lives. And through various dishonest business practices through the spectrum to straight forward theft.

3 By inheriting wealth and social capital.

If I thought it was just 1, I'd be a right wing libertarian. If I thought it was just 3 I'd be a communist. But I don't so I'm not.
By wat0n
late wrote:As a guess, that's when the anti-vaxxers cranked up.

Maybe but the big waves were before that. It's also possible then that there's an effect of past infections going on.

It's also weird because vaccination began before July this year.

I agree though that right now the big driver in the difference on death rates is indeed the decision to get the jab.
By Torus34
ckaihatsu wrote:The virus is a *Democrat*. (gasp)

= D

Hi!

No way. The virus was crowded out at the polls by all the illegal aliens and never even got a chance to register, much less vote.

Regards, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
By ckaihatsu
Torus34 wrote:
Hi!

No way. The virus was crowded out at the polls by all the illegal aliens and never even got a chance to register, much less vote.

Regards, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

You're anti-immigration -- ? Really?

So who can legitimately claim the U.S. as their own?

And what about the *Haitian* immigrants? The U.S.-backed dictator there got assassinated, so maybe that's a good time for people there to seek safety.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]