Did You Get Vaccinated? - Page 38 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Did You Get The Jab?

Yes.
47
84%
No, but I will.
2
4%
No, but I will if required.
1
2%
No, and I never will. Fuck off.
4
7%
Other.
2
4%
User avatar
By ingliz
#15199690
Igor Antunov wrote:a meme

Vaccines are not a magic bullet against coronaviruses.

Delta variant

From July 19 to August 2, 2021, 55.1 percent of the 1,467 people hospitalised with the Delta variant were unvaccinated, PHE said, while 34.9 percent – or 512 people – had received two doses.

But they are better than nothing. At least, statistically. If two-dose infected, you are unlikely to die*; brain-damaged, organ damaged maybe but not dead.


* 17 times less likely to die.


:)
Last edited by ingliz on 26 Nov 2021 08:03, edited 2 times in total.
#15199699
:lol:


@Igor Antunov You don't even know what they are talking about

What they are doing is discussing that the side effects of the vaccine are outweighed by the benefits of the vaccine. They're not talking about the vaccine's effectiveness.

When the article says:
The clinical trials of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine found that the all-cause mortality rate of the vaccinated group was higher than that of the control group, months after the trials were launched, according to a recently released FDA report.

The study itself does not support this claim, and so the person who wrote the article was doing some terrible journalism and promoting a meme that idiots like you enjoy.

Of course, you read the Recommendations and Benefit/Risk Assessment, right?

Considering the data submitted to support the safety and effectiveness of
COMIRNATY that have been presented and discussed in this document, as well as
the seriousness of COVID-19, the Review Committee is in agreement that the
risk/benefit balance for COMIRNATY is favorable and supports approval for use in
individuals 16 years of age and older.


Go back to your memes. You had more success with them. :moron:
#15199726
Igor is just trolling. He does not believe the shit he is posting. My guess is that his mom made him get vaccinated as soon as it was available.

Interesting fact though. ALL of the doctors I know ( and that is a ton of them) except one have been vaccinated. ALL of the public health officials I know without exception, have been vaccinated. All of the epidemiologists I know, except one have been vaccinated. My good friend who is an MIT educated molecular biologist and very high up in one of the largest bio firms in the world was in line the first day to be vaccinated, holding the hand of his infectious disease doctor/wife. ALL of the people I know who were hospitalized or died from Covid were not vaccinated. I got my wife vaccinated as soon as she was eligible. I did not have to twist her arm as she is an educated person.

There are two camps. One camp consists of the people who have the intelligence to listen to the greatest agreement of public health officials in history and therefor get vaccinated.

The other camp consists of people of lower intelligence and emotional maturity who listen to fools like Igor.

Can't parse it any other way.
#15199737
Pants-of-dog wrote:One step closer to herd immunity

...and two steps back.

A new variant has found its way to Hong Kong.

The B.1.1.529 variant has 32 mutations in the spike protein, the part of the virus that most vaccines use to prime the immune system against Covid. Mutations in the spike protein can affect the virus’s ability to infect cells and spread, but they can also make it harder for immune cells to attack the pathogen.


:hmm:
#15199742
ingliz wrote:...and two steps back.

A new variant has found its way to Hong Kong.

The B.1.1.529 variant has 32 mutations in the spike protein, the part of the virus that most vaccines use to prime the immune system against Covid. Mutations in the spike protein can affect the virus’s ability to infect cells and spread, but they can also make it harder for immune cells to attack the pathogen.


:hmm:


Well that is to be expected. We have so many people who have chosen to be human Petri dishes rather than be vaccinated because.....Trump....ma rats 'n all, some actor told them not to be vaccinated. Take you pick.

There are likely to be variants anyway but why not at least try.....
#15199769
Igor Antunov wrote::lol:

The vaccine needs to work long-term first Jim. It doesn't.

The whole concept of “herd immunity” is a dangerous mirage. It is predicated on the assumption that the virus is unchanging and that herd immunity, once achieved, is permanent. In reality, of course, viruses are constantly mutating and adapting, as are their hosts. The result is a kind of ‘Red Queen’s Race’, in which we have to run as fast as we can just to stand still, and to actually get anywhere we would have to run twice as fast. The idea that any sort of government policy could lead us to herd immunity is, on the face of it, absurd. And, indeed, no government now claims that this is their aim.
#15199773
WHO says fully vaccinated should wear masks and physically distance as Covid infections surge
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/24/who-tel ... surge.html

Covid: New heavily mutated variant B.1.1.529 in South Africa raises concern
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59418127

Scientists call for travel ‘code red’ over Covid variant found in southern Africa
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ern-africa

Image
User avatar
By AFAIK
#15199775
We've subdued many diseases and even eradicated a few @Potemkin
#15199777
We never eradicated the Flu. We simply learned to live with it and started boosting old farts with shitty seasonal treatments (muh flu vax). It was far more devastating than Covid in every way - it was specifically killing tens of millions of young and healthy.

This is the same episode but much milder, and only REKS old people and the sickly. Time to wake up and stop shoving shitty treatments down everybody's throats.
#15199784
Igor Antunov wrote:OK...apologize. I deserve an apology:

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News ... spx/317091

What if the old and sick choose to get vaccinated inn high numbers, and the young and healthy don't? Surely this wouldn't skew the results!
#15199786
Unthinking Majority wrote:What if the old and sick choose to get vaccinated inn high numbers, and the young and healthy don't? Surely this wouldn't skew the results!


This was an even spread of test subjects chosen to avoid such inconsistencies.
#15199795
Igor Antunov wrote:This was an even spread of test subjects chosen to avoid such inconsistencies.


Thanks Obama. Now we have one more mutation because of people like you. :hmm:
By late
#15199799
Drlee wrote:
Igor is just trolling. He does not believe the shit he is posting. My guess is that his mom made him get vaccinated as soon as it was available.

Interesting fact though. ALL of the doctors I know ( and that is a ton of them) except one have been vaccinated. ALL of the public health officials I know without exception, have been vaccinated. All of the epidemiologists I know, except one have been vaccinated. My good friend who is an MIT educated molecular biologist and very high up in one of the largest bio firms in the world was in line the first day to be vaccinated, holding the hand of his infectious disease doctor/wife. ALL of the people I know who were hospitalized or died from Covid were not vaccinated. I got my wife vaccinated as soon as she was eligible. I did not have to twist her arm as she is an educated person.

There are two camps. One camp consists of the people who have the intelligence to listen to the greatest agreement of public health officials in history and therefor get vaccinated.

The other camp consists of people of lower intelligence and emotional maturity who listen to fools like Igor.

Can't parse it any other way.



All that, and an Alice in Wonderland reference to boot.

The older I get, the more I think Alice is the most underrated book of all time.
#15199804
late wrote:All that, and an Alice in Wonderland reference to boot.

The older I get, the more I think Alice is the most underrated book of all time.

#15199807
Igor Antunov wrote::lol:

The vaccine needs to work long-term first Jim. It doesn't.


There are these things called “booster shots”, which are basically doses of the vaccine that you take later in life to get your immunity back up. They are common for many vaccines.

This gives vaccines long term effectiveness.

Now you know!
#15199809
Pants-of-dog wrote:
There are these things called “booster shots”, which are basically doses of the vaccine that you take later in life to get your immunity back up. They are common for many vaccines.

This gives vaccines long term effectiveness.

Now you know!



He's not only babbling mindlessly, he knows it.
  • 1
  • 35
  • 36
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
"Whether we like it or not"

@Truth To Power Why the obsession with the Sa[…]

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

Bigoted little fascist aren't you. Let's remind e[…]

I'm a fucked up loser, now go ahead and not be a […]

Is Boris Johnson on the ropes?

Stephen Sondheim just died. I thought this would b[…]