Men see the lost cause of dating (girls don't like men) will it actully cause society to fall apart? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Potemkin wrote:Meh, granted. It was a step above The Waltons, mainly because it was based on a real memoir by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Some episodes actually dealt with real-life issues of the time, such as crop failures and having to walk hundreds of miles to find casual or dangerous work, and so on. The Waltons was just anodyne shite.

As I said before, I'm pretty TV illiterate, probably good really in a way, but I grew up in the hills, with no cable, and I'm now sat in the hills, with no cable, but technology has advanced such that I do have shitty internet.

I think Little House on the Prairie was on one of the channels I did have, but I never watched much of it. But, I like historical fiction, but yeah, not meaning to take away from the point at hand, it'd be good to read the books, even though they are for kids, but maybe a worthy read. Maybe worthy audio listening.

Anyway, as an amateur at this, the cheesiest 70s TV shit I can come up with is only the most obvious one.
Crantag wrote:As I said before, I'm pretty TV illiterate, probably good really in a way, but I grew up in the hills, with no cable, and I'm now sat in the hills, with no cable, but technology has advanced such that I do have shitty internet.

I think Little House on the Prairie was on one of the channels I did have, but I never watched much of it. But, I like historical fiction, but yeah, not meaning to take away from the point at hand, it'd be good to read the books, even though they are for kids, but maybe a worthy read. Maybe worthy audio listening.

Anyway, as an amateur at this, the cheesiest 70s TV shit I can come up with is only the most obvious one.

The movie version was much better, because they played it as a parody. Because what else could it have been, in this day and age? Lol.
Crantag wrote:The way you wrote that, I could maybe interpret about, 55% of it.

But all I have to say is, I love Iranians. Every Iranian I ever met was instantly my best friend.

Maybe it is that English is not your first language, but I barely understood what you said.

You are dating an Iranian girl?

Bro, you struck gold.

Does she cook you Iranian food?

There is no better friend than an Iranian friend, all mine have been dudes, but I knew an Iranian girl in person once, and once online. All great people and great friends.

When I moved to Tokyo, my first friend was an Iranian dude. And when I moved to China, my best friend was an Iranian dude.

I think that for me as an American, and them (including their love of American films and pop culture and shit, but also the politics of "death to America"), that shit drives people together. But also, Iranians are really great and wonderful people, in all the times I crossed paths.

I couldn't really even understand you post, whether because of your lack of native English coupled with nervousness, and/or your meme-speak.

I think you are saying you are dating an Iranian chick. If so, that's a power move, and hold on to her, and treat her really nice.

Or, if you are saying you fancy an Iranian chick, take it slow, and good luck.

Ask her on a walk through the park, and if the feeling is right, give her a kiss. But wait for the feeling to be right. Or, maybe forgo that, if it isn't right, you gotta choose how to approach it, but you could even just tell her how you feel.

Maybe even go to a Lebanese restaurant, have a walk in the park, and if the feeling is right, maybe try to make a move, even if it's just talking. Just tell her you think she's so cool, and you are looking forward to see her again. Say, next time, you can choose the restaurant (you chose the Lebanese restaurant).

Tell her, let's do this again, and take your time. Wait until the feeling is right.

On this, the feeling can be right quickly or slowly. It depends on the girl and the situation.

I've failed in most cases, I gave a range of options.

The best choice is maybe to go to the bar, and get drunk together, and see where it leads.

But really, just spouting out ideas.

I wish you luck, I hope you have a half Iranian baby in 2-years' time ;).
Truth To Power wrote:There are few problems in life that won't be made worse by drinking.

Oh, I got a lot of problems, and drinking is a big one of them, and the other big ones and some bigger ones have absolutely been made a lot worse by drinking.

Now, why don't you carry on lad, and mind your own fucking business, eh.
@Rancid Who are these so called men? Where are they, because I can't say I know any guys like this.

No shit. These few guys get way too much press.

I work with literally dozens of beautiful volunteers. Smart, accomplished and drop dead gorgeous. They talk to me because I am grandpa and I do not betray their trust. They ALL are dying for a date with a nice guy. Goes like this:

I know a young man who just graduated from medical school. He is in residency now. He is trim but not athletic, very polite, a bit bookish, and very very nice. Though he is no Adonis any young woman would be fortunate to get him. He mentioned a young lady at the clinic who he thought was quite wonderful. She is stunning. Beautiful, smart and very nice. He said, "she is way out of my league". I told him he was full of shite and should ask her out.

snip

In an amateurish way I asked her what she thought of this young man. She said, "I would so go out with him. He's a great guy."

The women at my volunteer clinic and feeding project outnumber the men about 5 to 1 or maybe even more.

The premise of this thread does not hold water for me. I go back 50 years and guess what. Even during the summer of love and in the midst of the hippie movement, men found it hard to get up the courage to ask girls out. Some of them just gave up on the idea entirely. From my perspective I don't think anything has changed for the worse. We did not have online dating which is the best thing to happen to shy people since Xanax. So IMO things are better now. And, unlike 1969, you have a very good chance of finding a woman who will take the moneymaking pressure off of you too.

These are great times to get married.
tomskunk wrote:@Rancid

Very well said and I agree.

Drlee wrote:
No shit. These few guys get way too much press.

I work with literally dozens of beautiful volunteers. Smart, accomplished and drop dead gorgeous. They talk to me because I am grandpa and I do not betray their trust. They ALL are dying for a date with a nice guy. Goes like this:

I know a young man who just graduated from medical school. He is in residency now. He is trim but not athletic, very polite, a bit bookish, and very very nice. Though he is no Adonis any young woman would be fortunate to get him. He mentioned a young lady at the clinic who he thought was quite wonderful. She is stunning. Beautiful, smart and very nice. He said, "she is way out of my league". I told him he was full of shite and should ask her out.

snip

In an amateurish way I asked her what she thought of this young man. She said, "I would so go out with him. He's a great guy."

The women at my volunteer clinic and feeding project outnumber the men about 5 to 1 or maybe even more.

The premise of this thread does not hold water for me. I go back 50 years and guess what. Even during the summer of love and in the midst of the hippie movement, men found it hard to get up the courage to ask girls out. Some of them just gave up on the idea entirely. From my perspective I don't think anything has changed for the worse. We did not have online dating which is the best thing to happen to shy people since Xanax. So IMO things are better now. And, unlike 1969, you have a very good chance of finding a woman who will take the moneymaking pressure off of you too.

These are great times to get married.

Great post. My assessment is also that these type of men are far and few between. They just seem to have a megaphone via the internet.
tomskunk wrote:@Drlee @Rancid

If an ugly bastard like me can get a woman, any guy can get a woman :lol:

Seriously, I feel the same way. :lol:

A lots of ugly ass dudes out there like us. Many got girlfriends and/or are married. You just gotta work with what you got, and stop being a little bitch.
Crantag wrote:Now, why don't you carry on lad, and mind your own fucking business, eh.

Because alcohol consumption imposes substantial costs on society, of which I am a member, and whose costs I thus bear a portion of, without providing any commensurate benefit. That makes it my own fucking business. Clear?

Or to paraphrase Pericles, I may not be interested in drinking, but other people's drinking is interested in me.
tomskunk wrote:@Drlee @Rancid

If an ugly bastard like me can get a woman, any guy can get a woman :lol:

I hear you. Me too. I got a beautiful younger woman to marry me when I was on my 50's. And stick around.
Truth To Power wrote:Because alcohol consumption imposes substantial costs on society, of which I am a member, and whose costs I thus bear a portion of, without providing any commensurate benefit. That makes it my own fucking business. Clear?

Or to paraphrase Pericles, I may not be interested in drinking, but other people's drinking is interested in me.

Actually you are just being a douchebag. You aren't going to change the world by berating a stranger on the internet, so be a good lad, mind your own business, and fuck off.
I don't know what you guys are about, it is really hard for me to meet women where I am sat.

But I'm working on it.

I made a new friend today, a Korean woman, a little above my age, and for all I know she's married, and I don't usually go for older women (call it the male god complex), but I could even possibly make an exception, because she was cool, and we got chatty a little. I'll probably go back to that restaurant (which makes her a good host, but it wasn't even like that, it was about that I have spent a lot of time in Asia, and I was different than the normal hicks that frequent the place).

I even got to dust off a little of my Korean on her, after I asked her where she is from, and she said South Korea.

I will probably go back there and see her again, but just starting off with being friends, I would like to be friends with her.

I ordered pork noodle soup, and sucked it down in like 4 minutes, and she came back and said like, "wow, you were hungry". That was after I had requested chopsticks and an Asian style spoon (which hadn't come standard, what is the world coming to).

It was like 3pm so we had a chance to chat for a second, and I had a chance to speak my very poor Korean, which she commended (I only really said chal moko sumnida)-- which is a standard commendation after a good meal in Korean, it means like "I ate well", and I impressed her with that ;)

I assume she's married to the chef, but her daughter might be on the in and in ;)

(She really was quite a bit older than me, I escued the square dance, and went to the Korean-run Chinese restaurant instead. Had never been there, but maybe I'll make it a habit to go there in future, and I think I did make a friend.)

The next time I go, I will ask the lady, "i reum en meo e yo?"

(What's you name.)

I studied Korean, but I forgot everything I knew. Japanese is my second language, and I am fluent, although I have barely spoke Japanese for 5 years.

I speak a bit of Mandarin.

The Mandarin pushed the Korean out of my brain, but I think if I get a chance to speak Korean, I can pick it back up.

I always did find Korean pronunciation difficult though.
Crantag wrote:Actually you are just being a douchebag. You aren't going to change the world by berating a stranger on the internet, so be a good lad, mind your own business, and fuck off.

I didn't berate you. I made an observation that might make someone think twice before making their problems worse by trying to drown them in drink. Maybe that person wasn't you. So what? You then decided it would be appropriate to respond with some gratuitously hostile and foul language. Not a good look, son, sorry.
Truth To Power wrote:I didn't berate you. I made an observation that might make someone think twice before making their problems worse by trying to drown them in drink. Maybe that person wasn't you. So what? You then decided it would be appropriate to respond with some gratuitously hostile and foul language. Not a good look, son, sorry.

You are a perpetual douche bag. You don't need to be. You can change your ways, and then, I wouldn't call you a douchebag. Make that an ambition.

Don't try to hide it, you called me out, even though you don't know me, and I am a stranger on the internet.

Make this a teachable moment.

I'm a fucked up loser, now go ahead and not be a dick about it. I readily said it, and then you wanted to pile on.

That is not helpful, especially because you don't actually know me.

And by the way, I wake up at 4:30am every day, and drive an hour, to work on a farm.

And I have a Master's in economics, and I dropped out of my PhD.

So, go ahead and fuck off, and never come at me again.

And as a closing note, a healthy fuck you, to you.
Crantag wrote:The way you wrote that, I could maybe interpret about, 55% of it.

OG Trad waifu candidate = Original very rare traditionally inclined (highly cultured) potential wife. Not corrupted beyond recognition by western degeneracy. It's like she's the girl next door from a 1950's American neighborhood.

And yes I find Iranians (and Pakistanis btw) incredibly based.
Crantag wrote:The link in the OP doesn't work.

Our society is degenerate.

I wish I could get a new girlfriend, but the only girls I get to see are female deer.

Society is broken. People don't interact anymore.

I thought of going to a square dance last week. Something different to mix it up.

I went to the website afterwards (I got the idea when I drove by and saw the banner), and it was just a bunch of old fogies. No surprise, but I was hoping for a good old country girl, nearer my age. Who knows, I could bump into one at the square dance.

I'm not into the bar scene much anymore, and besides, covid lockdowns destroyed any semblance of society there was.

I can't dance worth a shit, but maybe I should try to figure out the dance style that girls around my age like, and get my ass up to go there, and then dance like shit.

I mean, I just wanna meet chicks.

By now, I looked, and the link has been removed.
I gave you-all enough to find it with google.

I just googled "Men see the lost cause of dating Better Bachelor", and there it was.

I totally reject the assertion that the men can just try harder to get a better job to earn more money and attract some woman.

This assertion assumes that there are a lot of good paying jobs not currently filled. I assert that this is false.

The last 40 years have seen flat or declining real wages (i.e. correctly corrected for inflation).

The young men are just responding to reality.
This reality includes the fact that most women will only put up with a man in their life IF he is a good provider. Men who can't be a good provider are just reacting to those 2 facts.

When there are not enough jobs, then no matter what young men do, a large percentage of them will not find a good paying job. It is just like no matter how hard they train, most Olympic athletes will not win a medal. The system makes it impossible for most to win a medal.
. . . In the same way the Neo-liberal economic system makes it impossible for many young men to find a good paying job. I'm not sure of the percentage, but just having any job is not enough. The job must be good paying or women will not date you. So, unemployment figures don't help. I think the percentage is about 50%, though.

Back in the 70s I read a book in which the author (William NcNair, IIRC) asserted that the cause of WWI was the inability of many young men in SE & central Europe to get married because the girl's father would not approve of the marriage, because the men did not have enough income. Sexual frustration combined with a 6th grade education to radicalize the young men, to start a war to steal wealth from the neighboring nations so the men could have enough income, or die trying.
. . . Sexual frustration now in the US and Europe is increasing support for right-wing Parties. It may lead to massive violence soon.

The solution in the video, would just help a few men. It would not change the lives of enough young men to fix the problem.

I would suggest that American men do what I did. Advertise yourself in selected foreign nations to find a wife there. Do not respond the ads from women for a husband, because by the time you see the ad, 95% of the women will have decided on a man to marry.
. . . I did this 25 years ago. Then I had a good job, owned my house, and had $6000 in the bank. Then, in 2008 TSHTF and I had to retire. Then in 2013 we moved to Thailand to make our $2000/mo from Soc. Sec. go 3 times further. We outright own 4 acres, pay no property tax on it, and so live very well. We have 2 nice cars, 3 refrigerators (my wife needs them), and 2 houses (one of which we rent out for $50/mo).
. . . I'm not sure many young men have a good enough job to do this now.
. . . The main pitfall is that she leaves you as soon as she can, in 3 to 6 years. Or, that she brings to the US 6 family members who push you aside.

Of course, I want to fix the economy somehow. So, that there are good paying jobs for everyone. Right now this is blocked by the Senate and other elements of the political system.
Last edited by Steve_American on 27 Nov 2021 07:45, edited 1 time in total.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]