Did You Get Vaccinated? - Page 40 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Did You Get The Jab?

Yes.
79%
No, but I will.
3%
No, but I will if required.
2%
No, and I never will. Fuck off.
11%
Other.
5%
Igor Antunov wrote:Raptors are highly intelligent and adaptive.

Raptors are descended from DINOSAURS!!! @Igor Antunov is a T-Rex.

True fact. 8)
XogGyux wrote:And also extinct.

Not quite; they left descendants in the form of birds. Who are also called raptors.
Potemkin wrote:Not quite; they left descendants in the form of birds. Who are also called raptors.

That's like saying homo Erectus didn't go extinct because they left thousands of descendants that are also called homo :lol: .
It is not like being a chicken is any more prestigious than being an extinct dinosaur.
XogGyux wrote:That's like saying homo Erectus didn't go extinct because they left thousands of descendants that are also called homo :lol: .
It is not like being a chicken is any more prestigious than being an extinct dinosaur.

Homo erectus did not go extinct, since we are their descendants. The concept of 'homo erectus' is a human abstraction, a label which we put on a complex reality which is less discontinuous and less neatly categorised than we would like. Cladistically speaking, we are homo erectus, just as birds are dinosaurs. A dinosaur can never give birth to anything which is not itself a dinosaur. At which generation did they stop being dinosaurs and become birds? There was no such generation.
Potemkin wrote:Homo erectus did not go extinct, since we are their descendants. The concept of 'homo erectus' is a human abstraction, a label which we put on a complex reality which is less discontinuous and less neatly categorised than we would like. Cladistically speaking, we are homo erectus, just as birds are dinosaurs. A dinosaur can never give birth to anything which is not itself a dinosaur. At which generation did they stop being dinosaurs and become birds? There was no such generation.

This is a ridiculous oversimplification. This is the sort of argument "young earth" fanatics throw up. At what time did a monkey gave birth to a human? :lol: Do you think the IRS will allow me to collect his SS? :lol:
This logic implies my dead grandfather is alive because I am alive and i am a descendant of him... :knife:
There was a time there was no land animals... I guess that means we are all fish right? Worse! Life began with single-celled organisms, so we must all be a single cell.
This is ridiculous.
XogGyux wrote:This is a ridiculous oversimplification. This is the sort of argument "young earth" fanatics throw up. At what time did a monkey gave birth to a human? :lol:
This logic implies my dead grandfather is alive because I am alive and i am a descendant of him... :knife:

We are talking about species and genera, not individual organisms. The logic is that you are a human because your grandfather was a human.

There was a time there was no land animals... I guess that means we are all fish right?

It does indeed mean that. Humans are highly evolved fish. In fact, all vertebrates are highly evolved fish. What else would they be?

Worse! Life began with single-celled organisms, so we must all be a single cell.

We are indeed colonies of single-celled choanoflagellates.

This is ridiculous.

No, this is cladistics.
XogGyux wrote:LOL. I'll keep that quote for my amusement.

What body plan do fish have and what body plan do humans have, @XogGyux? Do you deny that evolution is a real thing? :eh:
Potemkin wrote:What body plan do fish have and what body plan do humans have, @XogGyux? Do you deny that evolution is a real thing? :eh:

Says the guy trying to claim that extinct species are roaming around. :lol:
XogGyux wrote:Says the guy trying to claim that extinct species are roaming around. :lol:

If they left descendants, then how are they extinct, @XogGyux? :eh:
Potemkin wrote:If they left descendants, then how are they extinct, @XogGyux? :eh:

The descendants are not the same species. Over millions of years, it diverged into a different species that is no longer the original. Sometimes they just go extinct. There are no T-rex walking around. And unless you think Homo erectus is hiding in the hollow earth alongside the lizard people waiting for the son of Kennedy to take power, I don't think how you can possibly challantly claim that H. erectus is still around.
XogGyux wrote:The descendants are not the same species. Over millions of years, it diverged into a different species that is no longer the original. Sometimes they just go extinct. There are no T-rex walking around. And unless you think Homo erectus is hiding in the hollow earth alongside the lizard people waiting for the son of Kennedy to take power, I don't think how you can possibly challantly claim that H. erectus is still around.

The species which we call 'homo erectus' gradually changed into the species which we call 'homo sapiens'. This is not extinction - as you pointed out, the T-Rex went extinct and left no descendants. Birds are descended from a different clade of dinosaurs, and that clade of dinosaurs did not go extinct. This is why textbooks now talk about "the non-avian dinosaurs" going extinct, and not the dinosaurs tout court.
Potemkin wrote:The species which we call 'homo erectus' gradually changed into the species which we call 'homo sapiens'. This is not extinction - as you pointed out, the T-Rex went extinct and left no descendants. Birds are descended from a different clade of dinosaurs, and that clade of dinosaurs did not go extinct. This is why textbooks now talk about "the non-avian dinosaurs" going extinct, and not the dinosaurs tout court.

Congratulations. You watched Jurassic park.
However, your understanding is quite poor.
Just because you have speciation, does not mean that the original branch is "not extinct" because of a surviving modern version. H erectus is quite extinct.
In my distinctly unhumble opinion, Omicron means I'll be getting a 4th shot one of these days.

Btw, this is something the experts said would happen, if you leave billions unvaccinated, you leave a pool of billions as a place for new variations to evolve.
XogGyux wrote:Congratulations. You watched Jurassic park.
However, your understanding is quite poor.
Just because you have speciation, does not mean that the original branch is "not extinct" because of a surviving modern version. H erectus is quite extinct.

The clade to which homo erectus belonged is not extinct. I think we can both agree on that, and leave it there. :)
By Drlee
Drumming his fingers on the desk....

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]