Car companies move to have "bike paths" declared a terrorist organization - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

The Bike Times wrote:Car Makers Move to Recognize Bike Paths as Terrorist Organization

An association of multinational national automobile companies and global suppliers, has asked the USA government to quickly declare "bike paths" an official terrorist organization.

"Bike paths have significant terrorist capability, including the transport of weaponry, as well as increased and healthier terrorist commuting options," the organization tweeted on Friday.

"That is why today I am asking to have Bike Paths banned in their entirety."

The Organization of Auto Safety aims to push through the change in congress next week.

Wearing clothes that suggest support for bike paths, arranging meetings for bicycle organisation, or publishing an image of a bike path or cyclist logo that would suggest designated bike lanes, would be in breach of the law.

The move would help rationalize transportation options in the USA by encouraging more people to choose electric SUVs and pickup trucks.

It seems like car companies can't handle competition from a much more honest and humble product.

source
QatzelOk wrote:"Bike paths have significant terrorist capability, including the transport of weaponry, as well as increased and healthier terrorist commuting options," the organization tweeted on Friday.

"That is why today I am asking to have Bike Paths banned in their entirety."

I mean, this has to be the most absurd nonsense I have ever read. Like terrorists are going to cycle to a terrorist event when driving weapons is logistically more sensible. Perhaps the US should consider banning roads? :lol:
B0ycey wrote:Like terrorists are going to cycle to a terrorist event when driving weapons is logistically more sensible.

Bike paths make the discreet transportation of weapons a lot easier.

First of all, you have no license to trace you.

Secondly, you're on a little bike. No one expects you to be carrying anti-aircraft equipment of advanced laser weapons.

And finally, riding a bike on a bike path means that a terrorist is much less likely to get killed by a motor vehicle on his way to committing "an attack." Thus, he is more likely to be successful at carrying out a crime.
Godstud wrote::lol: ...HAMAS.

Israeli spokesman say that Hamas's use of bicycles could make them less detectable to spy software, and should thus be made illegal.

"We tried licensing them, we tried putting chips in their bike helmets... but if you know anything about terrorists, they are not likely to wear bike helmets on their heads or license plates on their wheels. Too many of them have read Michel Foucault," said the leader of the well-funded local NGO End Social Capital for the Others.
When an entity changes the meanings of words in order to always be right (even when they are wrong), what can we call this strategy?

1. Orwellian? Disrespectful of all other users of the language that is being modified?

2. Callous destruction of the commons?

I ask this because several definitions of *important concepts* have been altered in the last ten years, including anti-semitism (which now includes critics of the Israeli state), pandemic and vaccine.

None of these words mean what they did 20 years ago, and yet we are supposed to have *the same reaction* that we did to the original definition?

I would like to patent this tactic as bait-and-switch language destructionTM
QatzelOk wrote:
When an entity changes the meanings of words in order to always be right (even when they are wrong), what can we call this strategy?

1. Orwellian? Disrespectful of all other users of the language that is being modified?

2. Callous destruction of the commons?

I ask this because several definitions of *important concepts* have been altered in the last ten years, including anti-semitism (which now includes critics of the Israeli state), pandemic and vaccine.

None of these words mean what they did 20 years ago, and yet we are supposed to have *the same reaction* that we did to the original definition?

I would like to patent this tactic as bait-and-switch language destructionTM

Or, you could just call it propaganda, the way everyone else does..
late wrote:Or, you could just call it propaganda, the way everyone else does..

Of course. But it's a specific kind of propaganda.

Rather than lying about current events or other people's motivations, this kind of propaganda *trashes the entire language*.

There's an additional long-term damage that is done in this kind of propaganda.
QatzelOk wrote:
Of course. But it's a specific kind of propaganda.

Rather than lying about current events or other people's motivations, this kind of propaganda *trashes the entire language*.

There's an additional long-term damage that is done in this kind of propaganda.

I've been noticing the use of the term 'fascist' as a generic insult / put-down, which means that the *real*, political meaning is vacated and not-used, which is then a problem when it comes to identifying fascists / white nationalists like Kyle Rittenhouse.
ckaihatsu wrote:Humus, hummus -- it all tastes the same to me. (grin)

Fetishizing foods from cultures that Israeli hegemony wants quashed... is an interesting tactic.

But it could be like the bannockphenomenon: a way for members of genocidial societies to demonstrate their "open mindedness" towards the victims of the societies plunder-based foreign policies.

In the 1880s, after most of the First Nations had been ethnic-cleansed, culturally erased, and reduced to small numbers, it was finally *safe* to say that you liked bannock.
QatzelOk wrote:
Fetishizing foods from cultures that Israeli hegemony wants quashed... is an interesting tactic.

But it could be like the bannockphenomenon: a way for members of genocidial societies to demonstrate their "open mindedness" towards the victims of the societies plunder-based foreign policies.

In the 1880s, after most of the First Nations had been ethnic-cleansed, culturally erased, and reduced to small numbers, it was finally *safe* to say that you liked bannock.

You're implying that I'm using a "tactic" here -- ?

Nope, I'm not a cultural determinist like you, so you're probably *overthinking* this one.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]