Men see the lost cause of dating (girls don't like men) will it actully cause society to fall apart? - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
To be honest with you all, I think if you were young guys nowadays, you’d know how it works. You wouldn’t be at all phased by needing to back off a bit in a way you might not have needed to when you were young.

Recently, there seems to have been a bit of a jump in the number of women having their drinks spiked.

A rapper in London( I can’t remember his name) felt so concerned by this, he bought every member of the audience at his gig a wristband that tests drinks for the presence of the two most common drugs used. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

That’s what I call a real man. Thoughtful, kind, understanding and practical.
snapdragon wrote:To be honest with you all, I think if you were young guys nowadays, you’d know how it works. You wouldn’t be at all phased by needing to back off a bit in a way you might not have needed to when you were young.

Recently, there seems to have been a bit of a jump in the number of women having their drinks spiked.

A rapper in London( I can’t remember his name) felt so concerned by this, he bought every member of the audience at his gig a wristband that tests drinks for the presence of the two most common drugs used. Not perfect, but better than nothing.

That’s what I call a real man. Thoughtful, kind, understanding and practical.

That is what I call a solution in search of a problem. Great PR gimmick though. IF this was a pandemic thing we would hear something about it.

And, yet again, nobody wants to talk about the "L" word.

For the record, and just to show how modern I am for a man my age, if, god forbid, I find myself single again, I volunteer to be a sperm donor for any women who find the whole love thing tedious.
Rich wrote:Is that the hook up sites your talking about? Just googling around I came across the claim that match.com is 51% women, elite singles 56% women, plenty of fish 40% women and that even tinder is 50/50. Are a lot of the female profiles fake?

Your numbers are BS. Tinder is 80% men, so is Match.com apparently. Number is even higher when you consider catfishing guys pretending to be women.
Modern dating is a joke in the 21st century. Speed dating? Seriously? I follow a Youtuber who digs up the funniest, lamest Tinder bios she can find (with some help from assistants.) It's pathetic. I avoid apps and dating sites.

I like Steve Harvey's book "Think like a man, act like a lady." He makes a lot of good points. Men need to be men and go be productive, be a go getter, not binge on booze, movies and video games. And they need to stand on their own feet, not run to their mommy when they don't feel good.

Society is falling apart because people are in love with illusions, images on screen, the shallow messages that the media/entertainment industry feed them. People are passive sheep. Baaaaa. People are stupid. A smart phone does not make anyone smart, it makes them dumb. Society has been disintegrating for years.

I know one woman who is near 40 and has been married at least 4 times. I think she's on hubby 4. Hopefully she found the one. I know lots of people who will keep dating, just keep searching for true love. They might not have realistic expectations but they think it's worth it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think all men should read this and take it to heart:
[url=https://deadwildroses.com/2011/09/21/schrodinger’s-rapist-a-guide-for-the-men/]Schrodinger’s rapist: a guide for the men.[/url]

That article is a bunch of Woke shit. Rape Culture nonsense. The woman actually says, "So when you, a stranger, approach me, I have to ask myself: Will this man rape me?"

:roll:

When you approach me in public, you are Schrödinger’s Rapist. You may or may not be a man who would commit rape. I won’t know for sure unless you start sexually assaulting me.

:roll: :roll:

Well I am in the same boat. I understand her pain. You see, as a man, I am at a many times greater risk of being shot. Every time a stranger approaches me he is Shrodinger's gunman. Will he shoot me or will he not?

We have enough real trouble in this world without open panic about something that is very rare. Those statistics about women being assaulted include many instances that just don't pass the stink test.

So don't get into cars with strangers. Don't get falling down drunk and go home with strangers. Set your boundaries firmly and early. Check out your dates beforehand when you can. Lock your doors.

You see young lady, I don't walk down dark streets in sketchy neighborhoods alone either. No wise PERSON ought to.

Rape Culture. Anti-male, over the top feminist bullshit. Women need to be careful what they wish for. They may be able to get some progressive, bearded hippies to go on this journey with them but they need to keep in mind that this country is not getting more progressive. It is getting massively more conservative. They will get protected alright. Protected right out of the almost equal position in which they find themselves now.

Men are not your enemy. They are not "Shrodinger's Rapist". In fact, they are the ones you want to walk you home. It is what we do. And we can damn sure stop doing it if we are going to be painted as potential rapists for our trouble. We imprison rapists for a very long time. We chase them to the ends of the earth. We are going after rich and powerful men right now for alleged offenses that happened 15 or more years ago. Do not conflate pedestrians with pedophile. Do not conflate guy on the way home with the Boston strangler. Get a fucking grip. And if you still can't manage your overblown fears, get a work-from-home job and a gay professional wrestler as a boyfriend.
Last edited by Drlee on 01 Dec 2021 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
Drlee wrote:That article is a bunch of Woke shit. Rape Culture nonsense. The woman actually says, "So when you, a stranger, approach me, I have to ask myself: Will this man rape me?"

:roll:

:roll: :roll:

Well I am in the same boat. I understand her pain. You see, as a man, I am at a many times greater risk of being shot. Every time a stranger approaches me he is Shrodinger's gunman. Will he shoot me or will he not?

In the USA, approximately 1 in 6 women will be raped or be the target of an attempted rape.

In the USA, approximately 1 in 315 people will be killed by guns, excluding suicide.

I think your chances of being shot are much smaller than a woman’s chance of being sexually assaulted, because of math.

We have enough real trouble in this world without open panic about something that is very rare. Those statistics about women being assaulted include many instances that just don't pass the stink test.

So don't get into cars with strangers. Don't get falling down drunk and go home with strangers. Set your boundaries firmly and early. Check out your dates beforehand when you can. Lock your doors.

You see young lady, I don't walk down dark streets in sketchy neighborhoods alone either. No wise PERSON ought to.

Studies looking at how many sexual assaults are perpetrated by strangers have results ranging from just under 50% to about 10%. The best guess is that 8 out of 10 rape victims were raped by friends, lovers, family members or someone else they know.

But this is about dates. You agree that dates are usually strangers. You agree that wimen should vet them beforehand if possible.

Rape Culture. Anti-male, over the top feminist bullshit. Women need to be careful what they wish for. They may be able to get some progressive, bearded hippies to go on this journey with them but they need to keep in mind that this country is not getting more progressive. It is getting massively more conservative. They will get protected alright. Protected right out of the almost equal position in which they find themselves now.

Are you going to take away their equality because they are acting unladylike?

Men are not your enemy. They are not "Shrodinger's Rapist". In fact, they are the ones you want to walk you home. It is what we do. And we can damn sure stop doing it if we are going to be painted as potential rapists for our trouble. We imprison rapists for a very long time. We chase them to the ends of the earth. We are going after rich and powerful men right now for alleged offenses that happened 15 or more years ago. Do not conflate pedestrians with pedophile. Do not conflate guy on the way home with the Boston strangler. Get a fucking grip. And if you still can't manage your overblown fears, get a work-from-home job and a gay professional wrestler as a boyfriend.

No. I am not going to stop walking women home or otherwise doing what makes them safer simply because some women decide (very rationally and logically and responsibly) that I might pose a threat to them.

Because I understand that it is not about me. It is about the fact that they cannot read my mind, and must guess at my intentions and decency. Just like they need to do so for any other man. Do not take it personally.
Pants-of-dog wrote:strangers

Strangers, yes, and strangers can be strange. But you can't go through life scared of your own shadow. Most are harmless. If the worst comes to the worst, you have pepper spray and pocket pistols in the US; use them.

In the UK, women used to carry sharpened metal tail combs to get around the weapons laws - a stiletto in their purse - just in case. And if it's all you've got, antiperspirant/perfume sprayed in the eyes is a good substitute for mace.

:)
snapdragon wrote:Here we go again. Men expecting women to police themselves.
:roll: Everyone has to, to a degree. That doesn't mean that what you are saying isn't valid.

snapdragon wrote:I get a strong whiff, if a woman is raped it probably serves her right for not taking more care of herself.
You are saying that. No one else is saying that, or even hinting at that.
@snapdragon

Don't be silly.

Unless you are prepared to lay back and take it, you will have to be prepared to defend yourself. To chop off the pervert's dick, metaphorically.

I know he's likely to be bigger and stronger than you, that the police are unlikely to be sympathetic and will log it as a domestic, the courts don't give a damn. But that's the world we live in, and until it changes, you are on your own.
Last edited by ingliz on 01 Dec 2021 14:09, edited 2 times in total.
Looking out yourself is one thing. Everybody needs to look out for themselves. You’ve missed the point entirely, ingliz.

You’re saying , oh well that’s the way it is. I’m saying attitudes about women need to change, but they won’t unless the will is there.

but what happens in the U.K. is, when a woman are attacked by a man or men, the police publish advice solely aimed at women not doing this, that or whatever it might be.

There is hardly ever any statement saying to men, stop assaulting women.

It’s getting better. Cat calling and harassing women has been made a crime at long last, but there’s still a long way to go. Especially judging by the wailing and hissy fits made by some men who think it’s their right to harass women.

After a terrorist attack, the message given is , we’re not going to stop living our lives as usual. We’re going to make the streets safer. Checks are going to made to help prevent such attacks.

As it should be.
snapdragon wrote:You’ve missed the point entirely, ingliz.

No, I have not.

Attitudes need to change. Of course, but will they? Eve in the Garden; mother and whore; a wicked temptress leading the poor man by his balls etc.; etc.; are what we have, and I see no will for change anytime soon.

We are stuck with dealing with the world as it is.
ingliz wrote:
No, I have not.

Attitudes need to change. Of course, but will they? Eve in the Garden; mother and whore; a wicked temptress leading the poor man by his balls etc.; etc.; are what we have, and I see no will for change anytime soon.

We are stuck with dealing with the world as it is.

Will?

Depending on where you are, in the 1800s, women couldn't vote, many were property, abuse was usually ignored.

Things often change slowly. But they do change. I can't say what comes next, esp. for today with my Supreme Court of kooks dismantling the country. But if you had to chose between being a women today, or one in 1820, you'd be barking mad to chose 1820.
late wrote:abuse was usually ignored.

It's usually ignored now.

And when it isn't, it's usually the woman who is forced to leave, not the abuser.

A phrase often heard from women who stay around to be abused,

"I will have nowhere to go if I get a restraining order against my husband/boyfriend."
ingliz wrote:
It's usually ignored now.

And when it isn't, it's usually the woman who is forced to leave, not the abuser.

A phrase often heard from women who stay around to be abused,

"I will have nowhere to go if I get a restraining order against my husband/boyfriend."

A nonresponsive reply, counselor...

Things have changed, for the better.
late wrote:Things have changed for the better.

Better?

There were 52,210 rapes recorded by police in England and Wales in 2020, only 843 resulted in a charge or a summons – a rate of 1.6%.

Think about it fewer than one in 60 rape cases recorded by the police last year resulted in a suspect being charged.

The number of victims dropping out of increasingly lengthy investigations and trial processes has rocketed from 25% four years ago to 43% in 2020.

And to cap it all, fewer rapists were convicted in the year to December 2020 than in 2016-17, a decline of 64%.
ingliz wrote:
Better?

Depending on where you are, in the 1800s, women couldn't vote, many were property, abuse was usually ignored.

Things often change slowly. But they do change. I can't say what comes next, esp. for today with my Supreme Court of kooks dismantling the country. But if you had to chose between being a women today, or one in 1820, you'd be barking mad to chose 1820.

...Which Hamas refuses and wasn't ordered by the […]

@skinster so you confess that Hamas committed ma[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]