Australia is becoming a FASCIST "country" - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Heisenberg wrote:I don't know about "fascist", but it's clear that Australia has completely lost the plot in the past year or so. The "cure" of permanent, aggressively enforced lockdown is wildly, insanely out of proportion to the disease.

If a designated enemy country was imposing facial recognition and geolocation-based software to enforce house arrest on its population, and even slaughtering shelter dogs to stop people leaving their homes to adopt them, then you can be damned sure the "free world" would have imposed a boatload of sanctions by now and we'd have pious opinion columnists calling for regime change.

We all agree that Australia have all the worst traits of the US and the UK combined and very little of the 'good qualities'.

Except Australian women are gorgeous and that accent... Hubba hubba :excited:
The fucking Youtube-conspiracy Videos are the silver bullet for democracy.

The government wants to give me a chip... or they want change my DNA... :lol:

The quality of youtube videos has to increase. Me for example watches 80% time in Youtube and just 20% common TV.
Igor Antunov wrote:They just increased the required vaccination rate before lock-down is lifted to 90%.

It's telling, when China and Russia outlaw this practice and here they're using it as coercion.

They haven't really get a better source of news. iock down has already been lifted.
Sandzak wrote:The fucking Youtube-conspiracy Videos are the silver bullet for democracy.

The government wants to give me a chip... or they want change my DNA... :lol:

Many of these videos convey vital truths even if they are not literally true. Anything that encourages people to resist the terrifying power of the alliance between hate filled Cultural Marxism and the Pharmaceutical-Sickness industrial Complex is a good thing.
Rich wrote:Many of these videos convey vital truths even if they are not literally true. Anything that encourages people to resist the terrifying power of the alliance between hate filled Cultural Marxism and the Pharmaceutical-Sickness industrial Complex is a good thing.

OH dear, that *IS* so funny in a sad way. Newspeak at it's best.

Yeah these videos are not true but that makes their truth more vital,

That is comedy gold. Sad, But really funny. Thanks for the laughs,
I really feel like those protesting the lockdowns and vaccinations are a minority.
My impression of Australians and their attitudes towards the state is that it is merely a service provider and nothing all that grand. Historically, the majority of Australians have not experienced the state as an oppressive institution (barring the indigenous peoples who are still targetted). So when it came to stuff like protests in Melbourne, there really was not much a part of it considering the population of the city.
I think the issue is greatly inflamed by Murdoch's media and that many Australians are relatively trusting of the government as an institution all the while they may not hold much regard for a lot of politicians in themselves.

Think of Dan Andrews, the Premier of Victoria, a state which has held one of the world's longest lockdowns and even after letting up still has a lot of restrictions in place. Many have loathed the effects of the lockdown and he has been subject to continuous attack by the press but he has come out looking pretty good still for his long-term career as the head of the state labor party.

And in regards to the lack of political rights instituted as comparable with say the USA, part of that has been our position as a backwater country that was beholden to the British. So many of our 'leaders' were bent over backward for whatever the mother country asked a lot of the time and had no sense of national interest and many are still monarchists at heart against republicanism.
But even without a formal bill of rights and a very minimalist constitution, the strength of such rights has been normatively held to the extent that they have become part of common law and with precedent. And make no doubt that if shit hits the fan, a constitution may only be rhetorically useful and not politically powerful enough to stop terrible things occurring policy-wise. Australia is already one of the worst for the use of metadata in monitoring its domestic population.

Dutton and his ilk have been more than happy to take any opportunity to expand the powers of the state's monitoring and police enforcement for their own whims. Our federal politicians are blatantly incompetent in foreign affairs as seen with many diplomatic fuck ups as well as domestically where they are keener on rhetoric and appearances than doing anything substantial. The bushfire victims have still not seen a bloody penny to help rebuild their communities and basically means that they're not going to get any help, there have been crisis in which the Prime Minister has totally botched and neglected and we're starting to see a lot of liberal party heads rolls with ICAC, even as it is increasingly under-resourced.
The labor party at it's most charitable is a center-left party but is still strongly opposed in any significant air time in the press whether it be the ABC or any other media outlet basically under Murdochs thumb such that we never hear their actual policies of which many are quite sensible for a reformist government that in enough cases does hold the interests of the average working person still.
colliric wrote:Yeah.

Assange is a fucking hero.

No wonder he grew a Ned Kelly beard....

Who hates Assange more? Conservatives or Clinton shitlibs? Looks like it's a tie...
quetzalcoatl wrote:Who hates Assange more? Conservatives or Clinton shitlibs? Looks like it's a tie...

“Can’t we just drone him?” - Hillary Clinton.
Wellsy wrote:I really feel like those protesting the lockdowns and vaccinations are a minority.

It's not about the numbers, it's about right or wrong. Actively protesting lockdowns and vaccinations is wrong, even though I don't agree with the policy and believe (in the case of Hong Kong) such policies are actually facades for oppressive governments to commit oppression.

My base line is that, genuine or not, governments have to be responsible to everyone, so they have little alternative if at all.

I have the freedom not to encourage others to vaccine (which is what I am upholding, despite repeated criticism from Godstud and Drlee), but governments don't.
Patrickov wrote:It's not about the numbers, it's about right or wrong. Actively protesting lockdowns and vaccinations is wrong, even though I don't agree with the policy and believe (in the case of Hong Kong) such policies are actually facades for oppressive governments to commit oppression.

My base line is that, genuine or not, governments have to be responsible to everyone, so they have little alternative if at all.

I have the freedom not to encourage others to vaccine (which is what I am upholding, despite repeated criticism from Godstud and Drlee), but governments don't.

My point about numbers is that it doesn’t seem most Australians are inclined to protest the lockdowns even if they find it extremely disruptive and stressful, many seem to find it to be a necessary evil.
That politically the issue of lockdowns in Australia seems to not to have teeth in form of the masses but Murdoch’s media campaign against the like of Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews.
Dan Andrews has never been more popular because I don’t think

Australians aren’t so individualistic as say Americans in having their lives disrupted if they see a point to it all. Andrews is also a labour government who has been throwing out a lot of benefits to support people and almost seems recharged to attempt some significant policy along labour lines.

Yes you don’t have to encourage people to get vaccines but it seems a strange type of freedom that isn’t much concern as government’s don’t have control to force you to promote them.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]