Cryptocurrency Quotes for Investors Who Don’t Need No Fed - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rugoz wrote:
Blockchain is certainly here to stay, but the proof of work consensus mechanism is simply too expensive. If anything it will end up with proof of authority by central banks or similar (in the case of currencies).

Wouldn't that kill all the benefits if it's controlled by a central bank?

Sounds like crypto is doomed to stay on the margins.
Rancid wrote:Wouldn't that kill all the benefits if it's controlled by a central bank?

Sounds like crypto is doomed to stay on the margins.

Nope.

In fact Crypto investors are counting on Mainstream adoption. Visa and MasterCard already began the process of incorporation.

Central banks have never been the target of Crypto currency. The Tax office is, and so is PayPal.

Options are great for everyone.

Rugoz wrote:It will kill the libertarian fantasies

Incorrect, offline wallets and VPNs are here to stay.
colliric wrote:Visa and MasterCard already began the process of incorporation.

I see this as corporations getting in on the scam. Not a validation of the technology.

Fundamentally, I'm not against crypto. Still don't see how it would help me though beyond playing the trading came on crypto.
colliric wrote:
It's a validation of the technology since they will not be walking that back, ever. It will be incorporated permanently into their payment systems.

It's more like a validation of cashing in on a scam. Much like robin hood taking advantage of brainless meme stock "investors".
Rancid wrote:It's more like a validation of cashing in on a scam. Much like robin hood taking advantage of brainless meme stock "investors".

Nah, I view it personally as being a "just in case" situation where they've clearly invested in it in case it has its "QR Code 2020 bonanza!" moment.

They've done this before with the on card chips, PayPal and paywave(or fap and go!) "options".

Seriously who invented or hold the patient for the QR code? That fucker, it finally payed off for him.
Igor Antunov wrote:As I predicted (and thankfully I rug pulled two weeks ago) the crypto market is finally seeing its prescriptive nose dive. I'm now prepared to invest big when it bottoms out for more easy ~5-10x returns

Dammit... Down 20%.

Hopefully $50k AUD is the new bottom.

Dogecoin is getting slammed a bit. I'm gonna buy more Bitcoin, ETH and Dogecoin.

There will be some dip buying rebounding on Monday hopefully. We were also slammed hard on Thanksgiving.

I'm still happy as fuck. I'm here for the ride.
colliric wrote:Dammit... Down 20%.

Hopefully $50k AUD is the new bottom.

Dogecoin is getting slammed a bit. I'm gonna buy more Bitcoin, ETH and Dogecoin.

There will be some dip buying rebounding on Monday hopefully. We were also slammed hard on Thanksgiving.

I'm still happy as fuck. I'm here for the ride.

Yes but don't be shocked if the new bottom ends up being $5,000. You must be ready.

Rancid wrote:
What is crypto good for then? Aside from a tool that can be used to scam people?

The US has the world pretty much wired. We could do a lot more, in that regard, if we had the political will.

But we don't hesitate to go after offshore crooks, if their actions have a negative impact on us. Bit coin gives the crooks a way around our surveillance, and they love it.

late wrote:But we don't hesitate to go after offshore crooks, if their actions have a negative impact on us. Bit coin gives the crooks a way around our surveillance, and they love it.

I recall the FBI successfully stole back bitcoins that were scammed from people. I wouldn't be so sure that bitcoin prevents surveillance.

I don't see how say buying something on amazon.com with bit coin protects my privacy. Amazon still knows what I bought, and will sell that data to data brokers anyway.
Rancid wrote:
I recall the FBI successfully stole back bitcoins that were scammed from people. I wouldn't be so sure that bitcoin prevents surveillance.

I don't see how say buying something on amazon.com with bit coin protects my privacy. Amazon still knows what I bought, and will sell that data to data brokers anyway.

Over 30 years ago, a smart cop figured out a way to shut the illegal drug traffic down cold. You track the money. A bunch of bankers flew to Washington and told Reagan not to do that.

The cop got reassigned to the Midwest with nothing to do.

If you have a few million bucks of cocaine profit, bitcoin gives you a way to move it to South America. It's also cheaper than using the banks...

The FBI did get back bitcoins, but it was something of a fluke.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession ... This is co[…]

The UCJ just ordered Israel to allow food aid . […]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]