Cops Shoot 65 Year Old Man in Wheelchair in the Back - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Igor Antunov wrote:

Now back on topic, this old man was clearly executed. Where is the outrage?

Indeed.

Of course the victim was white and disabled so he has no real constituency. :?:
Drlee wrote:Indeed.

Of course the victim was white and disabled so he has no real constituency. :?:

If the police officer was charged with a crime, then the state is acting as the advocate for the victim.

Please note that this reaction from the state differs from state reaction to police killings of black victims. In the case of Mr. Floyd, for example, the killer was only charged after the many videos went viral, there were widespread protests, and significant media attention was brought to bear.
@Pants-of-dog
Please note that this reaction from the state differs from state reaction to police killings of black victims. In the case of Mr. Floyd, for example, the killer was only charged after the many videos went viral, there were widespread protests, and significant media attention was brought to bear.

Well that was my point, wasn't it?
Unthinking Majority wrote:Seems very excessive. They should have shot at his tires first, or tazed him.

They should have fucked off and not been fucking with him in the first place.

I don't know the backstory, but that was cold blooded murder. Excessive is a drastic understatement.

And I don't think he should have been tazed, neither.
It's quite obviously a case of the good, highly trained, police officer feeling threatened and so he had no choice but to shoot the evil perp(he would have died soon anyways) in the back 9 times(probably his lucky number). This was done to make sure he didn't pose a further risk, to himself, or others.

Is all the outrage due to the victim being white?
Is all the outrage due to the victim being white?

You know Godstud, that is the thing here. I live a few miles from where this happened and there does not seem to be any outrage. Seriously. If a police officer friend had not told me I would not have heard it on the news. Maybe others are seeing it but we aren't.

It could be a bit of a twist. It appears that the Black Lives Matter movement may be causing vigilance for black victims that do not exist for white ones. This is not a bad thing but it is a curious twist. Maybe it is time we all look at demilitarizing our police and offering them a more highly trained and more closely focused career path.
Crantag wrote:They should have fucked off and not been fucking with him in the first place.

I don't know the backstory, but that was cold blooded murder. Excessive is a drastic understatement.

And I don't think he should have been tazed, neither.

He had a knife and was committing shoplifting and not responding to the police. They could have also tried to show stuff on the ground and block his path.
Igor Antunov wrote:I think US has more police per capita than any other country. This county/city-based policing scheme needs to end. It's rife with corruption and rampant waste. You should have each state fund and emphasize a proper elite state police force with jurisdiction over the entire state. Texas State Police for example should be expanded and policing all of Texas, not just the highways. Shut down all local departments. They're clearly shit. Have the federal government mandate this on the states like it's trying to mandate the meme vaccine.

This would go against the conservative principles of the Republicans that control Texas (i.e. "Let the local communities do what's best for them, is the conservative mantra that is never heeded"). Oh wait, they don't have principles, I'm sure they would be ok with doing this.
Unthinking Majority wrote:He had a knife and was committing shoplifting and not responding to the police. They could have also tried to show stuff on the ground and block his path.

The first instinct of a public servant should not be to empty a magazine on someone's body. As far as I am concerned, any policeman that shoots the first shot before a criminal shooting first, should be scrutinized to the maximum. Seriously, if you such a fucking coward that you need to empty a magazine on an old dude on a wheelchair running away from you, you deserve to be inside prison so that you are protected from the rest of humanity in a safe cell where nobody can hurt you.
Policing is not even top 10 dangerous work. These idiots need to calm the fuck up. Replace all fucking guns with a device that screams "I am a fucking pussy" every time they pull the trigger rather than shoot bullets.
Crantag wrote:I have a knife usually. And I have committed shoplifting occasionally.

Are you in a wheelchair? Coz you need the trifecta before a cop will empty his magazine into you. After all, the old guy could have run someone over in that thing. The cop was performing a public service here!
Potemkin wrote:Are you in a wheelchair? Coz you need the trifecta before a cop will empty his magazine into you. After all, the old guy could have run someone over in that thing. The cop was performing a public service here!

Granted, I do not ride a wheel chair.

I suppose that has saved me from being shot all these days.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]