Parents Charged in Recent School Shooting Case - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

So these two bozos encouraged their son to shoot up the school, going so far as to purchase a gun in his presence and put it in a place where he could access it easily. They have both been charged with manslaughter. Seems like they were trying to get rid of him.
Crantag wrote:That's bullshit.

They might have displayed some questionable parenting, but they didn't shoot anyone.

I watched the video, and saw nothing damning there at all, and I am calling bullshit.

By the way, it is smart to lock up guns, but it isn't a crime to not.

Many jurisdictions have laws that say you have to keep guns locked away from minors. Or have a lock on them to make them not usable for minors.
@Crantag

STATE OF MICHIGAN
Use & Storage of a Firearm in a
Home Environment

AUTHORITY:
2000 P.A. 265; MCL 28.435
Michigan Department of State Police

You may be criminally and civilly liable for any harm caused by a
person less than 18 years of age who lawfully gains unsupervised
access to your firearm if unlawfully stored.

:)
ingliz wrote:@Crantag

STATE OF MICHIGAN
Use & Storage of a Firearm in a
Home Environment

AUTHORITY:
2000 P.A. 265; MCL 28.435
Michigan Department of State Police

You may be criminally and civilly liable for any harm caused by a
person less than 18 years of age who lawfully gains unsupervised
access to your firearm if unlawfully stored.

:)

Yeah that's cool, I was wrong. I was shooting from the hip (pardon the pun). I'm not a prosecutor and can't accurately say whether it rises to the level of manslaughter potentially. I found the statements in the video somewhat unconvincing. That the mom wasn't upset he was searching for ammo might have been bad judgement but didn't seem criminal, but a fucked up deal, another day another school mass murder. Not good. Being American you might get desensitized to it, probably as a defense mechanism.

I remember being really bent out of shape over the Virginia Tech shooting (I was in college at the time and had a lot of Korean friends), the Sandy Hook shooting (for obvious reasons), and the shooting at the community college in Roseburg, Oregon (it is right up the road from me and I've been to Roseburg many times).

I have become somewhat comfortably numb after that.

But yeah I was wrong, and I don't mind saying so.
Crantag wrote:They might have displayed some questionable parenting, but they didn't shoot anyone.

In the USA, there comes a time in a suburban teen's life when he has to decide if he wants to open fire into his school or not.

Parents are usually there to help guide him to help him (or her) to make the right decision, but ultimately, it's up to the potential mass shooter to find his own path. To do what it is he feels compelled to do.

I think his parents were too supportive. But minor league baseball parents are like that as well so...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]