Roe VS Wade officially goes back before the Supreme Court - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15201508
Pants-of-dog wrote:
No.

A mandatory vaccination for public school attendance is not the same as compulsory vaccination for all, when private schools are everywhere and homeschooling is supported.



wat0n wrote:
I can imagine a 1950s segregationist saying something like that. "It's no big deal to ban blacks into our schools, they can always attend private ones or have homeschooling". In fact, I bet that was an argument at the time.



(Getting out the popcorn....)


x D
#15201509
wat0n wrote:I can imagine a 1950s segregationist saying something like that. "It's no big deal to ban blacks into our schools, they can always attend private ones or have homeschooling". In fact, I bet that was an argument at the time.


Are you arguing that the plight of the unvaccinated is the same as what black people have had to deal with?
#15201510
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you arguing that the plight of the unvaccinated is the same as what black people have had to deal with?


No. I'm arguing being barred from attending a public school is a limitation to one of your rights, namely, the right to access public education. If you don't think any rights are being violated, then why wouldn't you simply follow that reasoning to its utmost consequences? :roll:

And mind you, I think not following a vaccination schedule is indeed a legitimate reason to limit that right. But it's exactly that, a recognition that the right to access public education is not absolute and that limiting access to public education is acceptable if not doing so could affect other rights or the public interest, like not exposing kids to serious diseases. We know, and have known for a while now, there is no comparable reason for advocating racial segregation of schools.

I can't believe I even need to explain something as elementary as this, by the way :|
#15201514
No.

A mandatory vaccination for public school attendance is not the same as compulsory vaccination for all, when private schools are everywhere and homeschooling is supported.


Bullshit. You know we won't think less of you if you admit you are wrong and simply learn.

I see that your position is that as long as well to do people or homes where one of the parents earns enough that the other can stay home and teach the kids, may try to escape this requirement it is not "mandatory". Your support of "wealth has its privileges and everyone else can just suck it up" is noted. Typical limousine liberal.

But, speaking for my state it is far more comprehensive than that. Children who are not vaccinated may not attend private daycare, preschool or headstart. But why worry POD. These are just poor kids.

Your argument fails miserably. You are attempting to weasel. Typical of the left.
#15201524
Drlee wrote:But, speaking for my state it is far more comprehensive than that. Children who are not vaccinated may not attend private daycare, preschool or headstart. But why worry POD. These are just poor kids.


Man you're so much better at arguing my position than I am... I should just stay out of threads like this and let you do it for me. Lol.
#15201533
Drlee wrote:Bullshit. You know we won't think less of you if you admit you are wrong and simply learn.

I see that your position is that as long as well to do people or homes where one of the parents earns enough that the other can stay home and teach the kids, may try to escape this requirement it is not "mandatory". Your support of "wealth has its privileges and everyone else can just suck it up" is noted. Typical limousine liberal.

But, speaking for my state it is far more comprehensive than that. Children who are not vaccinated may not attend private daycare, preschool or headstart. But why worry POD. These are just poor kids.

Your argument fails miserably. You are attempting to weasel. Typical of the left.



@Drlee

Are you talking to me?

It seems like you quoted my post, but you somehow made it so that no one knows I wrote it and I did not get a notification. Please let me know if you want my help with the notification system.

And no, requiring vaccination to attend public school is not a violation or infringement of body autonomy rights.

There is a difference between saying “you must get a vaccine” and “ you must get a vaccine to enter school”.

Like the difference between “smoking is illegal” and “smoking is illegal inside schools”.

I ignored the personal attacks in your post because they were mere booming.
#15201538
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Drlee

Are you talking to me?

It seems like you quoted my post, but you somehow made it so that no one knows I wrote it and I did not get a notification. Please let me know if you want my help with the notification system.

And no, requiring vaccination to attend public school is not a violation or infringement of body autonomy rights.

There is a difference between saying “you must get a vaccine” and “ you must get a vaccine to enter school”.

Like the difference between “smoking is illegal” and “smoking is illegal inside schools”.

I ignored the personal attacks in your post because they were mere booming.

Banning abortion doesn't infringe on someone's body autonomy rights, it is denying doctors the legal right to perform a procedure that harms the unborn.

If someone wants to take a pill to kill the fetus, or jab themselves with a coat hanger, or cut off their ears or nose or arms, they're free to do that, but things get dicey when they take actions to pre-meditively kill another human being.
#15201540
Godstud wrote:Abortion is a necessary evil. Society is not about to support women who are single and with children, in ANY significant way. Until that time, banning abortions is fucking worse than abortion itself.

So you think poverty is worse than killing humans? So should we kill hundreds of millions of African children because they will grow up in poverty?
#15201542
@Drlee

Are you talking to me?

It seems like you quoted my post, but you somehow made it so that no one knows I wrote it and I did not get a notification. Please let me know if you want my help with the notification system.


Fuck off.

And no, requiring vaccination to attend public school is not a violation or infringement of body autonomy rights.


There is a difference between saying “you must get a vaccine” and “ you must get a vaccine to enter school”.


No there isn't. Not at all. The parents who refuse can be jailed for not sending their kids to school. They can also lose the kids to the state.

And again. You are arguing the specifics of "body autonomy" which does not exist under US law. Odd.

I would also point out that it does not exist in the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights | United Nations"

Perhaps in some quaint nations like Canada but you will have to show me that it exists as you claim it does there. I did some quick checking and discovered that the Alberta government finds that it does have the authority to mandate vaccines.

I looked at the Canadian constitution and can find nothing about "body autonomy" or anything even resembling it. Please cite the part of the Canadian constitution that guarantees "Body autonomy" because this part seems to argue against your position that this is an absolute right:
“The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.”,



Like the difference between “smoking is illegal” and “smoking is illegal inside schools”.


:lol: :lol:

That is what you have to defend your sweeping and grandiose language?

I ignored the personal attacks in your post because they were mere booming.


There were no personal attacks in my post. Just simple statements of fact.

Of course if debating with adults triggers you I recommend you stop.

@colliric Why are you surprised? We are both conservatives. 8)
Last edited by Drlee on 09 Dec 2021 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
#15201548
Unthinking Majority wrote:Banning abortion doesn't infringe on someone's body autonomy rights, it is denying doctors the legal right to perform a procedure that harms the unborn.


Banning abortion violates someone's body autonomy rights by forcing a pregnant person to let someone else use their body without the consent of the pregnant person.

If someone wants to take a pill to kill the fetus, or jab themselves with a coat hanger, or cut off their ears or nose or arms, they're free to do that, but things get dicey when they take actions to pre-meditively kill another human being.


You seem very cavalier about the fact that banning abortion leads to more suicides, deaths, and back alley abortions.
#15201557
Drlee wrote:…. off.


….and you still seem to have trouble with the quote/notification system. You seem to get very angry when I point this out.

No there isn't. Not at all. The parents who refuse can be jailed for not sending their kids to school. They can also lose the kids to the state.


https://www.time4learning.com/homeschooling/arizona/

So, this is akin to arguing that smoking is now illegal because smoking is illegal in schools.

And again. You are arguing the specifics of "body autonomy" which does not exist under US law. Odd.

I would also point out that it does not exist in the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights | United Nations"

Perhaps in some quaint nations like Canada but you will have to show me that it exists as you claim it does there. I did some quick checking and discovered that the Alberta government finds that it does have the authority to mandate vaccines.

I looked at the Canadian constitution and can find nothing about "body autonomy" or anything even resembling it. Please cite the part of the Canadian constitution that guarantees "Body autonomy" because this part seems to argue against your position that this is an absolute right:


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Morgentaler

Also:

https://stepstojustice.ca/glossary/security-person/

:lol: :lol:

That is what you have to defend your sweeping and grandiose language?


Your inability to refute the fact that reasonable limits to allowing people to enter schools is not the same as removing a right or banning that activity.

There were no personal attacks in my post. Just simple statements of fact.

Of course if debating with adults triggers you I recommend you stop.

@colliric Why are you surprised? We are both conservatives. 8)


Calling me childish, like you did in a not so subtle way right here, is a good example of your rudeness.

But your open swearing at me is also a good example.

Drlee wrote:
Evidence?


His casual allusion to the fact that pregnant people often must resort to trying to abort the fetus themselves using a coat hanger, and the deaths and other medical complications that result from this practice.
  • 1
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 19

Not worried about crop yields. Because they have[…]

Why was he let in if there were going to be issues[…]

Election 2024 Thread

Let me remind everyone: This is how it started: […]

In Canada, it's all about CUTS to social services.[…]