Djokovic exposes ethnic divisions in Australian society - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
Rugoz wrote:That's not a medical exemption. He must show that he cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons.

Djokovic was granted a medical exemption officially prior to his arrival, it was granted by an independent panel on the basis of blind reviews and his medical exemption was reconfirmed by a Judge. It was a necessary pre-requisite to be granted a visa which was also reconfirmed by a judge.

The Guardian wrote:The state employment minister, Jaala Pulford, acknowledged Victorians would find the decision [to grant his medical exemption] frustrating, but said the panel process to approve the exemption was “incredibly robust” and Djokovic had not received special treatment.

“If there are several reasons why they are unable to be vaccinated, Atagi have set out very clear guidelines that have to be followed in order for you to be added to the Australian immunisation register and if you are added to that register, you are then exempt from a vaccination and can come into Australia,” he told Nine’s Today Show on Wednesday.

“For tennis players, it was a process that was above and beyond what anyone coming to Australia would have experienced. Simply because we had an extra panel … which through a blind review assessed any application and then granted exemptions if it was appropriate.”

Djokovic did receive special treatment however in the most disgusting of ways.

He visited Australia with a valid medical exemption and a valid visa, he was thrown in prison, dragged through the mud and eventually deported like a criminal for going to play tennis.
It's certainly not legal at all. The Australian federal government ordered his seizure so that they can parade him as a trophy while "investigating" his antivax social media posts in instagram and facebook. So first they granted him entry, then they seized him and used his instagram to discredit him as a whacko. All to show off the "power of the federal government" and the "importance" it places on "Australian public safety".

The equivalent of going to Saudi and being investigated at the airport while waiting in prison in case you have said something anti-Muslim in PoFo.
noemon wrote:It's certainly not legal at all. The Australian federal government ordered his seizure so that they can parade him as a trophy while "investigating" his antivax social media posts in instagram and facebook. So first they granted him entry, then they seized him and used his instagram to discredit him as a whacko. All to show off the "power of the federal government" and the "importance" it places on "Australian public safety".

It's actually an embarrassment to Australia that they could treat a foreign guest this way.

Especially considering he's not actually broken any laws.
The guy just went to play tennis.

The Australian government trolled him, politicized the matter, turned it into an anti anti-vax campaign, they put him in prison for having a valid visa that was reconfirmed by an Australian judge, and eventually deported him anyway!!! :lol:
noemon wrote:He visited Australia with a valid medical exemption and a valid visa, he was thrown in prison, dragged through the mud and eventually deported like a criminal for going to play tennis.

He was treated like a criminal because he broke the law through immigration fraud. The specific occupation he wanted to work at while in the country isn't relevant. If he didn't break the law we can only assume he wouldn't have been detained or deported. His visa was taken away after he broke the law.
Unthinking Majority wrote:He was treated like a criminal because he broke the law through immigration fraud. The specific occupation he wanted to work at while in the country isn't relevant. If he didn't break the law we can only assume he wouldn't have been detained or deported. His visa was taken away after he broke the law.

That is nonsense, he was treated like a criminal without cause while having a valid visa that was reconfirmed by a judge, he was thrown in prison while holding a valid document(not the other way around as you falsely claim), and the rest of the excuses came later by invading his privacy as an excuse for the politicians who politicized the matter.

He was very clearly politicised by the Australian government and he was very evidently used as a scapegoat in the vaccine media wars in the most shameless of ways.
noemon wrote:That is nonsense, he was treated like a criminal without cause while having a valid visa that was reconfirmed by a judge, he was thrown in prison while holding a valid document(not the other way around as you falsely claim), and the rest of the excuses came later by invading his privacy as an excuse for the politicians who politicized the matter.

Did he or did he not make a false claim on his immigration papers?

I also don't understand how I made a false claim. You can be put in detention even if you have a valid passport and visa. The alternative was letting him go into the country while they investigated where he had traveled and his overall admissibility to the country, also given his vax status and recent COVID infection. If you make a false claim on a form you have no right to enter a country, nor does anyone have any right to ever enter a country even if they have valid forms unless they are a citizen of that country. He committed fraud and got punished for it by deportation I think it's wonderful because that's how things are supposed to work. The message this sends to the world is "don't commit fraud".
Unthinking Majority wrote:Did he or did he not make a false claim on his immigration papers?

Not the reason he was imprisoned. The fact that he went through a judge after his imprisonment and the judge cleared his documents as valid after his entry, should make it obvious to you that he entered the country as legally as it gets.

I also don't understand how I made a false claim.

You falsely claimed that he was put in prison as a result of having illegal documents. He wasn't.

Nonsense "irregularities" that he was in Spain prior to arrival(according to instagram!) were used later in a media campaign to justify that very politicization which was entirely engineered by a federal government that is not even its business to deal with these matters.

He committed fraud and got punished for it by deportation I think it's wonderful because that's how things are supposed to work. The message this sends to the world is "don't commit fraud".

He was scapegoated for being an anti-vaxxer and was used as a trophy for the government to parade around.

Being in Spain at some point in time prior to arrival does not invalidate his documents and an Australian judge re-confirmed that but the federal government would not let it go.

This is a message to the world that Australia is a dangerous place where the PM of the day will actually make it his business to snatch people at the airport to use and abuse in an anti-antivax frenzy as the epitome of evil eventually officially declaring them a "public threat" :eek:

It does not get even more petty than that. The idiot that runs the country has received US assurances after his fraudulent cancelation of the French 80 billion contract that was followed with anti-France defamation and he currently operates like a banana dictator.

The only messages coming out of Australia are that she is a fraudulent banana republic that cancels 80 billion international contracts on whims while lying about it openly and while defaming the victim of the cancellation in the process and then doing the same to individuals just so they can be used for political campaigning.
noemon wrote:Not the reason he was imprisoned. The fact that he went through a judge after his imprisonment and the judge cleared his documents as valid after his entry, should make it obvious to you that he entered the country as legally as it gets.

Except the fact that he committed immigration fraud by lying on a questionnaire about his travels.

You falsely claimed that he was put in prison as a result of having illegal documents. He wasn't.

No i didn't, I said he was placed in border detention as a result of committing immigration fraud (lying on documents) along with other COVID concerns while they figured it all out. He has no right to enter the country no matter what any judge says, especially when he lied and has had other COVID concerns. I never said his passport, visa, or vax status weren't valid.
Igor Antunov wrote:He's got fuck you money and fuck you tennis skills (best player on earth no contest) he can be as loud and obnoxious as he likes.

I like a celebrity athlete with some gumption and independence. I'm so tired of them towing the normie/corporate line.

Are you Aussie Cossack?

No I am Chinese Cossack.
Last edited by Russianbear on 18 Jan 2022 07:45, edited 2 times in total.
noemon wrote:Djokovic was granted a medical exemption officially prior to his arrival

He wasn't. He provided evidence of a Covid infection afterwards, that's when he got the exemption, at least according to the panel. Though I'm not sure why that should qualify as a medical exemption.

noemon wrote:It's certainly not legal at all.

Of course it was legal. In Australia the federal government has the final say in such matters.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]