"None of us will ever experience a year that cool again" - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
@Truth To Power

Note that your original post in this thread has been entirely debunked.

Of course, he's paid to lie on this topic.

A generation after the science became a settled matter, the only people shoveling Big Oil BS are lunatics and paid shills. We know from his postings on other topics, he's biased, but not insane.

So that makes for a very short list of what he could be...
Pants-of-dog wrote:No.

Yes.
James Hansen did no such thing.

Then his handlers did.
Tim Wirth (one of the politicians involved in setting up the hearing) made up a story about choosing the hottest day of the year and opening the windows to overwhelm the air conditioning, but the story turned out to be fictional.

No, it was correct. Wirth merely recanted it when he belatedly realized his confession had exposed AGW hysteria mongering as an agenda of systematic deceit.
You apparently heard this story and then incorrectly ascribed Wirth’s actions to Hansen.

Wirth would not have done it without Hansen's connivance.
The windows were never opened. The air conditioning worked just fine, but the room was a bit hot from all the cameras and people in the room.

No. The air conditioning was not working, and the room was hotter than any Congressman could remember it ever being before.
Full fact checking article here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... e-hearing/

:lol: You call that fact checking?? :lol:
Pants-of-dog wrote:No.

Yes.
Hansen never discussed the pre-industrial average at all in his 1988 testimony.

He just used a different term on that occasion, but since then has often used the deceitful "pre-industrial" term.
He claimed that “the earth is warmer in 1988 than at any time in the history of instrumental measurements”.

I.e., since increased solar activity returned it to more normal Holocene temperatures.
late wrote:
Of course, he's paid to lie on this topic.

A generation after the science became a settled matter, the only people shoveling Big Oil BS are lunatics and paid shills. We know from his postings on other topics, he's biased, but not insane.

So that makes for a very short list of what he could be...

Which makes me wonder why it's tolerated...
Truth To Power wrote:Yes.

Then his handlers did.

No, it was correct. Wirth merely recanted it when he belatedly realized his confession had exposed AGW hysteria mongering as an agenda of systematic deceit.

Wirth would not have done it without Hansen's connivance.

No. The air conditioning was not working, and the room was hotter than any Congressman could remember it ever being before.

:lol: You call that fact checking?? :lol:

I have presented actual evidence. You have none.

All you did was repeat your claims and ignore the evidence.

But if you want to argue that random climatologists are allowed to access and manipulate the HVAC systems of federal buildings, go ahead.
Truth To Power wrote:Yes.

He just used a different term on that occasion, but since then has often used the deceitful "pre-industrial" term.

I.e., since increased solar activity returned it to more normal Holocene temperatures.

No.

Hansen only uses one arbitrary baseline in his studies prior to 1988, which he uses solely for comparison and he makes no claim about pre-industrial temperatures at all.

You could easily disprove my claim and support yours by actually quoting a Hansen study. I invite you to do so now.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Both sides are just bad faith actors in the sen[…]

There is no evidence whatsoever that the IDF and I[…]

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]