The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 172 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15207448
Rancid wrote:Also, Castro = nepotist. It's a surprise you support nepotism.

Kicking the mafia out of Cuba is WHY Cuba has great education and health care now, with one twentieth of the money to play around with that Canada or the USA have per capita.

So if our health systems and education systems are crumbling now.... Castro warned us and we didn't listen. We were too busy bombing the Third World with chemical weapons.
#15207457
QatzelOk wrote:Kicking the mafia out of Cuba is WHY Cuba has great education and health care now, with one twentieth of the money to play around with that Canada or the USA have per capita.

So if our health systems and education systems are crumbling now.... Castro warned us and we didn't listen. We were too busy bombing the Third World with chemical weapons.


You speak of Castro as though he is Jesus. :)
#15207459
QatzelOk wrote:Kicking the mafia out of Cuba is WHY Cuba has great education and health care now, with one twentieth of the money to play around with that Canada or the USA have per capita.

So if our health systems and education systems are crumbling now.... Castro warned us and we didn't listen. We were too busy bombing the Third World with chemical weapons.

He didn't kick the mafia out of Cuba, he merely replaced the prior one with the current one.
#15207481
I insightfully wrote:Kicking the mafia out of Cuba is WHY Cuba has great education and health care now, with one twentieth of the money to play around with that Canada or the USA have per capita.

So if our health systems and education systems are crumbling now.... Castro warned us and we didn't listen. We were too busy bombing the Third World with chemical weapons.


XogGyux wrote:He didn't kick the mafia out of Cuba, he merely replaced the prior one with the current one.

A mafia wouldn't fight to get any one else's kids into private school uniforms and a college education.

Nor would a mafia dedicate so many state resources to health care and doctors.

Learn to use words correctly.

Rancid wrote:You speak of Castro as though he is Jesus. :)

More like Mohammed. Jesus never got to try out his theories in practice.

Jesus was more of a Jim Morrison than a Beatles. All theory, no animal-testing.
#15207494
QatzelOk wrote:A mafia wouldn't fight to get any one else's kids into private school uniforms and a college education.

Nor would a mafia dedicate so many state resources to health care and doctors.

Learn to use words correctly.

LOL. Pablo Escobar Paid for schools, housing, etc and he was still a criminal.
#15207701
In Canada, it's all about CUTS to social services. Neoliberalism.

I understand that, now that the rich have automation in their sites, they have no real incentive to allow adequate health services for the 99%. If lockdowns kill people, why would they care. That's less social welfare cheques to distrubute, which means more money can be sent to the Cayman Islands.

National Post wrote:Why Canada's hospital capacity
was so easily overwhelmed by the COVID pandemic

Canadian hospitals, particularly in Quebec and Ontario, are currently being pushed to the breaking point by the effects of the Omicron variant. One of the most surprising things about the crisis, however, is how little it took to get here.


Canada has fewer intensive care beds than almost anyone else in the developed world

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international body roughly comprising all the world’s developed liberal democracies. When ranked against its OECD contemporaries, Canada currently comes fourth last in terms of intensive care beds available per capita (only Chile, Sweden and Colombia ranked lower). Canada had just 1.97 ICU beds for every 100,000 residents. The top-ranked country, Japan, had 7.74 beds per 100,000.

Image



Even before COVID-19, 91.6 per cent of Canadian acute care beds already had someone in them, a rate that was worse only in Israel and Ireland.


Our rate of overall hospital beds is also one of the worst in the OECD

Canada also ranks near the back of the pack in overall hospital beds. The latest numbers from the OECD show Canada with just one hospital bed for every 400 citizens , a ratio that put us in the bottom tier of OECD countries. In France, there’s a hospital bed for every 172 citizens, and in Japan (the first place contender) there’s a bed for every 78 people.

I don't hear a lot of talk about Revolutionary Medicine coming from the West's Lockdown-and-masks leaders.

Instead, they are still trying to put their hangman Juan Guaido into power somewhere.... Juan Guaido will cut social health measures in order to reward foreign shareholders more. This is the MO of our current politician crop - a group that have been called Policy Entrepreneurs because of all their fine work with private "stakeholders."

Imagine if the Ten Commandments had been put together based on the needs of the local merchants, rather than by order of God-in-the-Sky. Even if the resulting Ten-Commandment-based societies lead to lockdowns and death, the merchants would be wealthier than without the commandments. They would call the result Win-win.

Image
#15207936
Image
Image

Doug64 wrote:And using race as a proxy is precisely what the the Constitution forbids: “ … nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you arguing that the inequities are unconstitutional, or the policies addressing unequal protection from Covid are unconstitutional?

I'm saying that giving benefits/legal breaks/whatever to some and/or denying them to others when the only difference is race is unconstitutional.

Doug64 wrote:Being non-White is not a greater health factor than having congestive heart failure or chronic liver disease.

Strawman.

Not at all, Utah's calculation for who qualified for monoclonal antibody treatments for the Wuhan virus gave those with congestive heart failure or chronic liver disease one point each while giving anyone of “non-white race or Hispanic/Latinx ethnicity” two points. Of course, once news of that went public they're suddenly reviewing it....

XogGyux wrote:But the US vaccine mandates are dacronian :lol:

That's kinda like saying Blacks in the Jim Crow South didn't have it so bad because they weren't in Nazi Germany....

Image
Image
Image
Image
#15207948
Doug64 wrote:I'm saying that giving benefits/legal breaks/whatever to some and/or denying them to others when the only difference is race is unconstitutional.


Since race is not the only difference, your criticism is therefore unsupported.

Again, many people have to deal with far more obstacles to access care while also being out at risk more often.

And it just so happens that in the USA, this falls along racial lines because the USA is a product of its own history.

Not at all, Utah's calculation for who qualified for monoclonal antibody treatments for the Wuhan virus gave those with congestive heart failure or chronic liver disease one point each while giving anyone of “non-white race or Hispanic/Latinx ethnicity” two points. Of course, once news of that went public they're suddenly reviewing it....


It is very possible that non-whites in Utah are even more at risk of dying from Covid than those with congestive heart failure or chronic liver disease.

You should show us the science before playing the race card.

This Utah argument is a different one from the NY one.
#15208073
Novavax has been approved for prison island. They've got 50 million doses on hand so I'll get both shots just so I can travel. Hell I'll get 10 shots like the heb b vax (i received 4 doses in the space of a month for law enforcement) this is tried and true protein subunit inoculation. The virus is a meme, it's the cold/flu at this point this won't help at all I know for a fact they will opt to do seasonal boosters so as long as it's not an mrna or viral vector experimental shot I'll get boosted for pointless shits and giggles like you junkies just so I can have a vax passport for the brave new world.
#15208076
QatzelOk wrote:In Canada, it's all about CUTS to social services. Neoliberalism.

I understand that, now that the rich have automation in their sites, they have no real incentive to allow adequate health services for the 99%. If lockdowns kill people, why would they care. That's less social welfare cheques to distrubute, which means more money can be sent to the Cayman Islands.


Federally in Canada the gov spends tons of money and has increased social spending the last 5 years. Provincially the govs are horribly corrupt, complacent, and just plain stupid. Many people don't pay enough attention to provincial issues. Healthcare in Canada is a joke, access is a huge issue. The quality is there if you can get it. It's chronically underfunded in many places. Mental health is barely funded at all.
#15208080
Igor Antunov wrote:Novavax has been approved for prison island. They've got 50 million doses on hand so I'll get both shots just so I can travel. Hell I'll get 10 shots like the heb b vax (i received 4 doses in the space of a month for law enforcement) this is tried and true protein subunit inoculation. The virus is a meme, it's the cold/flu at this point this won't help at all I know for a fact they will opt to do seasonal boosters so as long as it's not an mrna or viral vector experimental shot I'll get boosted for pointless shits and giggles like you junkies just so I can have a vax passport for the brave new world.

This is fokin comedy. Half a dozen vaccines of all possible flavors made by different countries around the world. Rigorously tested with randomized controlled trials across the world. You trust none of these, but instead you want the Chinese one... :lol:
You are the guy that has an assortment of filets to choose from and decide... I am going to go with the burgerking patty...
#15208082
XogGyux wrote:This is fokin comedy. Half a dozen vaccines of all possible flavors made by different countries around the world. Rigorously tested with randomized controlled trials across the world. You trust none of these, but instead you want the Chinese one... :lol:
You are the guy that has an assortment of filets to choose from and decide... I am going to go with the burgerking patty...


Noob, this is an American vaccine.
#15208083
Igor Antunov wrote:Noob, this is an American vaccine.


Yeah I'll get this one for the booster most likely.

Let it be recorded I did not take MRNA, and those vaccines look useless. I took the somewhat slightly older Viral Vector Astrazeneca vaccine twice, as it was needed to keep my job, and I'll take Novavax booster shot if required.

For the record I think AZ is the most safe of the "newer technology" ones and is much better than the new 4 Jabs minimum (see Israel for example) crap, but it was just not tested enough in the field until now. I'll happily take the older tech jab for a booster instead, but I have to get advice on "mixing AZ" first from the chemist just to see if it's safe(because sometimes it's not safe to mix). I will take AZ booster when required if it's not safe to mix.

I'd rather not take any shots, there's STILL hardly any risk of me actually getting this disease.
#15208141
Unthinking Majority wrote:Healthcare in Canada is a joke...

It's not a joke. It has been seriously harmed by cut-backs by money-seeking corporate-invaded governments.

Regulatory capture is poison to social welfare and democracy.

Not only have we catastrophically neglected our health care, we have done the same to education, sewers and waterworks, roads and bridges, etc. We have also destroyed our social networks with mass media, suburban sprawl, and subservience to corporate rule. All of these damages to the collective have benefitted the oligarch classes.

And all the "saved" money is in tax shelters, waiting for electric yachts and space trips to go on sale.

***

The Narrative is Collapsing

Image

CTV wrote:U.K. lifts COVID-19 restrictions, says Omicron wave 'has peaked'

LONDON -- Face masks will no longer be mandatory in public places and schools in England and COVID-19 passports will be dropped for large events as infections level off in large parts of the country, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Wednesday.

Johnson told lawmakers that the restrictions were being eased because government scientists believed it was likely that the surge of infections prompted by the highly contagious Omicron variant "has now peaked nationally." ...

So Boris, after being repeatedly caught in Covid parties with no masks or distancing and a big smile on his face, admits through policy, that it was all a scam anyways. And he should know - he's an insider. Perhaps he didn't protect himself because... he knew it was all fake. He was just doing what his corporate bosses told him to do.

Lobbyists are a visionless politicians best friend.

But as one psy-ops ends, we should all expect another one.

The people have shown that they will believe anything that commercial media says.

(Incidentally, virtually no Canadian commercial media has covered this landmark "England ends COVID measures" story. I wonder if this is because Pfizer won't let them. **pays for subscription to media website for the first time**)
#15208194
QatzelOk wrote:It's not a joke. It has been seriously harmed by cut-backs by money-seeking corporate-invaded governments.

Regulatory capture is poison to social welfare and democracy.

Not only have we catastrophically neglected our health care, we have done the same to education, sewers and waterworks, roads and bridges, etc. We have also destroyed our social networks with mass media, suburban sprawl, and subservience to corporate rule. All of these damages to the collective have benefitted the oligarch classes.

And all the "saved" money is in tax shelters, waiting for electric yachts and space trips to go on sale.

The Canadian government, like the US government, is corrupt to its core. The Liberal Party is the most corrupt of them all. They are greedy sociopaths and enemies of the people and of the state. They butter up to the CCP and corporate Canada for cash to secure their power. They don't care about "the middle class". Trudeau has never spent a day in the "middle class" in his entire life. If you put your own job security ahead of the national interests and the interests of your constituents you are a traitor to your office, your constituents, and your country.

It's even worse at the provincial and municipal government levels because citizens pay even less attention to these levels of politics. Corporations in Quebec have the Liberal and Provincial parties bought and sold. The few politicians who speak out about corporate corruption (ie: Jody Wilson-Raybould vs SNC Lavalin) are tarred and feathered and booted out of the party for whistleblowing.
  • 1
  • 170
  • 171
  • 172
  • 173
  • 174
  • 193
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Igor Antunov when do you think the Russian Army[…]

Feeling Biden's inflation yet?

I did not say anyone has to have a degree in econ[…]

"Democracy is bleeding out, and for at least […]

I experienced this in Cuba - blackouts. I though[…]