"Magic Nothing" Made the Universe, According to Atheists - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15162390
B0ycey wrote:Of course if you read the text. He made Adam in his image. Eve came from Adams rib. Why? Was you hoping to score when you go to heaven? :lol:


Well, adam was naive and dumb, he ate the apple. Does that mean god is naive and dumb as well because adam is on God's image? and if not... what else it is not up to his image... I bet his weiner :lol:

Reading the bibble, god seems quite obsessed with foreskins... maybe god is an angry ex-wife and she is channeling her desires of causing pain on genitals for all mankind projecting her anger :lol:
#15162391
XogGyux wrote:Well, adam was naive and dumb, he ate the apple. Does that mean god is naive and dumb as well because adam is on God's image? and if not... what else it is not up to his image... I bet his weiner :lol:


Come on @XogGyux. I would rather let @MrWonderful address these questions as he has invested in them. He gave Adam free will. That is to say he could make his own decisions. Adam eating the apple was to express that we are sinners. A better question to ask is why did God make imperfect creatures that could become sinners than the size of his cock if you are trying to debate a theist I would say.
#15162393
B0ycey wrote:Come on @XogGyux. I would rather let @MrWonderful address these questions as he has invested in them. He gave Adam free will. That is to say he could make his own decisions. Adam eating the apple was to express that we are sinners. A better question to ask is why did God make imperfect creatures that could become sinners than the size of his cock if you are trying to debate a thesis I would say.


Well that is another gaping hole... is it really free will if you already know what is going to happen? Probably not, if you already know what is going to happen, it is set in stone, it will happen that way, there is no free will.
Does not matter that we discuss the mythology of these creatures, as fun as it is to imagine God's genitals :lol: they need to first prove god exist before we can start thinking about the genitals :lol:

I came across this documentary that talks about the early days prior to human creation and how we came to be.

:lol:
#15162397
Don't forget that Eve ate the fruit first and then made Adam eat it. It was the woman's fault of course. Eve was an inferior product since Adam was made from God, but Eve was made from Adam. It's like that old movie Multiplicity with Michael Keaton (best example I can think of). If you clone a clone, it's just not quite as good, like when you keep making more paper copies with the copies. /s (just in case)

Anyways, man, the origin of the universe (or lack thereof?) really is the final god of the gaps. It'll probably never be filled.
#15162400
SaintButter wrote:Don't forget that Eve ate the fruit first and then made Adam eat it. It was the woman's fault of course. Eve was an inferior product since Adam was made from God, but Eve was made from Adam. It's like that old movie Multiplicity with Michael Keaton (best example I can think of). If you clone a clone, it's just not quite as good, like when you keep making more paper copies with the copies. /s (just in case)

Anyways, man, the origin of the universe (or lack thereof?) really is the final god of the gaps. It'll probably never be filled.


Yeah, blame the woman, not the careless idiot that put the tree right in the middle of the garden :lol:
I bet if the tree of knowledge would have been a durian tree, this wouldn't have happened.
#15208595
Unthinking Majority wrote:People so arrogant to think they know all the answers without a speck of verifiable evidence and having been proven wrong by science on many occasions making fun of people who say they don't know the answers is a turd pile of bullshit.


None are so arrogant as atheists. Take Richard Dawkins, please. As to what constitutes "a speck of verifiable evidence," you have been presented books full of evidence and statistics and you simply shrug it off and deny everything.

I wrote and published a book of science. It is Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life.

Here is a thought:
EVERYTHING YOU SEE AND TOUCH consists of electron clouds. Technically an electron is a quantized fluctuating probability wavefunction.
Now please explain that in layman's terms to the audience, you who are so scientific and sophisticated.

Explain how electrons are both particles AND waves.
Explain how electrons inside wires do NOT provide energy to motors and tell the audience what does provide that electrical energy.

We breathlessly await your brilliant response.
#15208597
@MrWonderful's problem is that's coming at this from a "I must prove non-specific generic atheist wrong", as opposed to taking a step and just simply thinking about his believes in made up stories.

Whether any given self proclaimed atheist is wrong doesn't prove you are right. If you can't understand that basic concept, then you on a plain of thinking that is simply too unintelligent to have a real conversation around this.

For the record, I don't call myself an atheist. "Card carrying" atheists are way to militant for me, and arguably have a faith in their beliefs as much as any christian does. That said, this question of existence of God is basically a waste of time.. a distraction. Proving that atheist is a moron, doesn't prove you aren't.

Religion was important to human development though. Without it, we will not be where we are.
#15208603
MrWonderful wrote:None are so arrogant as atheists.

Arrogance?
If arrogance is the point, you need not look further than religion. Constantly making endless claims about our world, quite often being perfectly wrong. :lol: Arrogance? Dude, this forum probably contains a higher-than-average proportion of active atheists by my estimate, and it is almost always a religious person opening a thread to berate and complain.
Arrogance? Let me guess, religion is true and the true religion is Christianity, right? Not Islam, or Hindu? Arrogance is thinking that there is a supreme being and pretending to know what this supposed supreme being wants or think... Arrogance? Is there anything more arrogant in this world than white-washing Jesus christ and depicting him as a white dude? :lol: Please.
Look, if you believe in this fantasy, good for you, if you are right you go to heaven (another bit of arrogance) and the rest of us will go to burn in hell, isn't that punishment enough? besides hell for eternity, we also have to endure the constant crying of religious fanatics during our brief existence on this world? :lol:
#15208608
Rancid wrote:@MrWonderful's problem is that's coming at this from a "I must prove non-specific generic atheist wrong", as opposed to taking a step and just simply thinking about his believes (sic) in made up stories.


Compound mistakes in a single sentence.
1. You put quotation marks around your own words, NOT MINE. Very dishonest of you.
2. They are "beliefs" not "believes".
3. The Holy Bible is replete with science, history and profound wisdom.
4. Many books have been written documenting Item 3.

Rancid wrote:[usermention=77954]
Whether any given self proclaimed atheist is wrong doesn't prove you are right. If you can't understand that basic concept, then you on a plain (sic) of thinking that is simply too unintelligent to have a real conversation around this.


What you are writing is a "real conversation"? Putting words in my mouth? Calling ME "too unintelligent"?

That's as rich as any of those "self proclaimed atheists" you deplore. How arrogant of you to be smarter than them and Christians.

Rancid wrote:[usermention=77954]

For the record, I don't call myself an atheist. "Card carrying" atheists are way to militant for me, and arguably have a faith in their beliefs as much as any christian (sic) does. That said, this question of existence of God is basically a waste of time.. a distraction. Proving that (an) atheist (sic) is a moron, doesn't prove you aren't.


Trying to teach those who refuse to learn is often a waste of time.

Rancid wrote:[usermention=77954]Religion was important to human development though. Without it, we will (sic) not be where we are.


"Waste of time" but "important." Brilliant. No, really.
#15208613
MrWonderful wrote:3. The Holy Bible is replete with science, history and profound wisdom.

No, it is not.

Trying to teach those who refuse to learn is often a waste of time.

Then stop.
But then again you cannot help yourself, can you?
Raise your hand if you have ever been approached outside a supermarket or have your doorbell rang by an atheists trying to "convert you"? Now... how often does it happen the other way around? I rest my case.

Rancid wrote:@MrWonderful


I want a new dad.

Image
#15208620
MrWonderful wrote:Tell everyone the origin of matter, energy, organization, and the precision of physical constants which make life possible and elegant. Be specific. Be scientific. Don't just give another two meaningless words.



We Don't know,. There are few answers, more scientific, or reasonable. We don't have to have answer for everything.

Then maybe you wouldn't mind if I paid a sleazy w[…]

Roe V. Wade to be Overturned

You should be, it's an interesting question. […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Oh yeah, finally. We will provide real air defence[…]

Australian Federal Election

It's a sign of the times where the options are so[…]