The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 175 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15209192
Godstud wrote:The madness is people like you who don't like the reality, and so make up lies about Covid not killing people, when it categorically and scientifically does.

This conspiracy theory of all the doctors in the world misdiagnosing causes of death is just plain foolish.






Monstrous convoy of 50000+ truckers headed to Ottawa with the full support of the world's richest person explicitly telling Canadians to vote Trudeau out.



..... And he conveniently goes into hiding.

Who would have thought Canada would swoop in with the most epic anti-vax protest ever.
#15209193
@colliric Canadian truckers are the worst Karens around. Pointing out idiocy doesn't make idiocy any smarter, dumbass. :lol:

It's also NOT 50,000 trucks. It is 200-300 dumbasses in trucks(the guys whose jobs have not been hampered by the pandemic). I don't see why you have to lie about numbers. Does this somehow validate idiocy to you?
#15209194
Godstud wrote:@colliric Canadian truckers are the worst Karens around. Pointing out idiocy doesn't make idiocy any smarter, dumbass. :lol:

It's also NOT 50,000 trucks. It is 200-300 dumbasses in trucks(the guys whose jobs have not been hampered by the pandemic). I don't see why you have to lie about numbers. Does this somehow validate idiocy to you?


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... MILES.html

It's a line 45 miles (70km) long.. it's 50000 trucks.

And it's the largest motor convoy protest in world history by a large margin and it got the Guiness World Record.

Last edited by colliric on 28 Jan 2022 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
#15209195
Stupid people doing stupid things. They're idiots and everyone in Canada knows it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Incidentally, the average truck length is 12m long, and even without spacing you could only fit in about 83 trucks per km. That would be 5,800 trucks if they were bumper to bumper(no spacing).

They pulled that 50,000 number out of their ass, and you're just dumb enough to believe it.

Math is tough for morons. The DailyMail is a UK rag, with low reliability, too. No Canadian source even has an estimate, but it certainly isn't that high, with my number being based on the actual number of trucks that left.
Last edited by Godstud on 28 Jan 2022 05:53, edited 1 time in total.
#15209196
Godstud wrote:Stupid people doing stupid things. It's what you're all about, @colliric. That's a good rep to have.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Incidentally, the average truck length is 12m long, and even without spacing you could only fit in about 83 trucks per km.

That'd be 5800 trucks if they were bumper to bumper, which I highly doubt.

Math is tough for morons.


UTE = Truck.

They count. As do mini-trucks and light trucks.

Technicalities are tough for people that don't know what a truck actually is.

They counted all technical trucks in that number.

And their figure came from The Toronto Sun.... A Canadian source. (That's News corp paper right?)
Last edited by colliric on 28 Jan 2022 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
#15209197
The number is still off, even if we allowed for that, by at least a factor of 10. You're an idiot going by fabricated numbers created by idiots.

UTE might be trucks in Australia, but not in Canada(where this is), so you're fucking wrong.

So, tell me how you get 50,000 trucks, DRIVING in a line, bumper to bumper in 70 km? Are the trucks all 1.3m long? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :knife:
#15209198
    Claim
    The "freedom convoy" broke a Guinness World Record for longest convoy with more than 50,000 trucks.

    Rating
    False

    Origin
    In January 2022, a number of trucks participated in a convoy across Canada in protest of the country’s requirement for cross-border truckers to be vaccinated for COVID-19. As videos of the so-called “freedom convoy” spread on social media, so did a number of claims concerning just how many trucks were participating in this event. These claims ranged from a few hundred to more than 50,000. Some even claimed that the freedom convoy had set a Guinness World Record for the world’s largest truck convoy.

    As of this writing, the freedom convoy has not earned a place in the Guinness World Records book. Furthermore, the claim that this convoy involved 50,000 trucks appears to be a gross exaggeration that goes against all available evidence.

    The largest truck convoy on record was set in November 2020 in Cairo, Egypt. That convoy involved 480 trucks and stretched 7.5 km (4.6 miles). Guinness writes:

      The largest parade of trucks consisted of 480 trucks and is achieved by Tahya Misr Fund (Egypt), in Cairo, Egypt, on 20 November 2020.

      With a length of 7.5 km, Tahya Misr Fund was able to organize a parade of 480 trucks, amid the harsh weather and heavy rain, breaking the Guinness World Records title for the largest parade of trucks, which was achieved 16 years ago in the Netherlands with a parade size of 416 trucks, thus the Tahya Misr Fund became the new record holder.

    This Guinness World Records entry provides a data point that makes us skeptical of the 50,000 truck claim. If a 500 truck convoy stretched 7.5 km, a 50,000 truck convoy would stretch 750 km (about 460 miles). We have seen no evidence to support the idea that the freedom convoy is anywhere near 460 miles long.

    So just how many trucks participated in this freedom convoy?

    No Official Count
    There’s no official count for the number of trucks participating in this convoy. Estimates are also difficult because this big rig convoy also includes a number of cars and other smaller vehicles. Furthermore, the “freedom convoy” has been a multiple-day event and some trucks may only be participating for a portion of the journey.

    These variables make it difficult to estimate just how many trucks are participating. We reached out to the Canadian Trucking Alliance for more information and we will update this article if more information is made available.

    Likely Hundreds, Not Thousands
    Many Canadian news outlets have used the word “hundreds” to quantify the number of trucks in this convoy. The CBC, for example, reported: “Hundreds of truckers set off from British Columbia to Ottawa on Sunday to protest a federal vaccine mandate despite the urging of the country’s largest trucking federation to comply.”

    Adrian Ghobrial, a reporter for the Toronto news outlet City News, said that while thousands of people have come out to watch and support the truckers as they drive by, he was skeptical that the convoy consisted of more than 100 trucks:

    ….

    David Akin, the chief global correspondent with Global News, cited a report from the Ontario Provincial Police that 113 trucks (as well as 276 personal vehicles) were recorded coming into Thunder Bay from Winnipeg.

    ….


https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/freed ... -guinness/

Also, 50 000 truckers would be only slightly less than half the truckers in all of Canada.

There is no possible way that half the truckers are doing this.
#15209199
Pants-of-dog wrote:[Also, 50 000 truckers would be only slightly less than half the truckers in all of Canada.

There is no possible way that half the truckers are doing this.


Firstly Snopes is politically biased and as usual the accurate reporting on the numbers will come later. I mean this is the same organisation that also flagged the "Wuhan lab" theory as false and is known to be run by Democrats now. It definitely broke the record since that was far far less numbers.

Secondly. Numbers are actually known to be being pumped by US truckers crossing over the border, and as I said before no doubt includes mini-trucks and utes. I saw an estimate there was roughly 15000 US truckers crossing the border to participate.
#15209200
colliric wrote:Firstly Snopes is politically biased


No.

This accusation is BS spread through the conservative media as a way of discrediting Snopes. There is no factual basis for it.

and as usual accurate reporting on the numbers will come later.


Then you admit that the numbers that you claimed are unsupported by evidence, and you just believed whatever right wing media you were told.

I mean this is the same organisation that also flagged the "Wuhan lab" theory as false and is known to be run by Democrats now.


Ad hominem.

Secondly. Numbers are actually being pumped by US truckers crossing over the border, and as I said before no doubt includes mini-trucks and utes.


No.

You need to be vaccinated to cross the border, so no unvaccinated truckers can cross the border to support the anti-vax protest.
#15209201
Pants-of-dog wrote:No.

This accusation is BS spread through the conservative media as a way of discrediting Snopes. There is no factual basis for it.


https://www.allsides.com/news-source/snopes

Allsides rates Snopes as "Left leaning" and gives their reasons why.

Then you admit that the numbers that you claimed are unsupported by evidence, and you just believed whatever right wing media you were told.


Nope, I know what preliminary reporting looks like.

You need to be vaccinated to cross the border, so no unvaccinated truckers can cross the border to support the anti-vax protest.


It's officially a vaccine mandate protest. Not quite the same. Vaccinated truckers against Mandates and restrictions are most likely joining them over the boarder.
#15209202
colliric wrote:https://www.allsides.com/news-source/snopes

Allsides rates Snopes as "Left leaning" and gives their reasons why.


Quote where Snopes is shown to be spreading misinformation.

Nope, I know what preliminary reporting looks like.


No, you do not seem to be.

It's officially a vaccine mandate protest. Not quite the same. Vaccinated truckers against Mandates and restrictions are most likely joining them over the boarder.


You mean “border”.

And you are almost certainly wrong. Provide evidence for this claim.
#15209203
Pants-of-dog wrote:And you are almost certainly wrong. Provide evidence for this claim.


Ok. I will. Ongoing news story so you understand you have to wait several days till after the event is over.

They arrive in Ottawa soon.
#15209256




Stealth? As in you don't even know you have it? As in there's literally no symptoms? And then they call it "Son Of Omicron".

Seems like Channel 7 isn't even trying to be a reputable news organisation anymore. Just making up Joke "film Sequel" inspired names themselves now.
#15209261
colliric wrote:Ok. I will. Ongoing news story so you understand you have to wait several days till after the event is over.

They arrive in Ottawa soon.


I already presented evidence showing you are wrong. You will almost certainly never provide evidence supporting your claim.

In fact, a quick Google search shows that you are wrong about this too.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/freed ... oy-canada/
#15209265
colliric wrote:Who would have thought Canada would swoop in with the most epic anti-vax protest ever.

Because of our winters, many Canadians never adapt to the climate, and spend too much time indoors watching mass media.

This makes Canadians particularly vulnerable to commercial propaganda - suburbanites who are afraid of snow and coldTM are an easy target for commerce.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Quote where Snopes is shown to be spreading misinformation.


Experts wrote:Snopes’ founder, David Mikkelson, told Ars in a lengthy phone interview that a Web development company, Proper Media, and two of its founders have essentially held the website "hostage" for months, keeping both data and money that should have gone to Snopes’ parent company, Bardav.


Do you Trust Scopes? wrote:The recent series of events below demonstrates how Snopes has been influenced by Monsanto into manipulating the public opinion about the dangers of their bestselling product, Roundup weedkiller (aka glyphosate)....


Every site that claims to be "an expert on truth" and has a large budget... is likely funded by liars. This isn't provable with tables and graphs or cave shadows, it is provable with logic and deduction. It is provable by demonstrating how our economy and media system works in the capitalist countries.
#15209272
Pants-of-dog wrote:I see that @QatzelOk now embraces and believes right wing media.

I learned, all my life, that Science means examining contradictory opinions and findings.

And I learned that religion involves banishing the infidels.

May the Gods bless your devotion to their cause.
#15209274
Science involves testing your own ideas empirically to see if they are right.

In terms of this forum, that means providing evidence for a claim.

Let me know when there is empirical support for the claim that the trucker convoy was more than a 120 trucks representing a tiny minority of Canadian truckers.
#15209276
Pants-of-dog wrote:Science involves testing your own ideas empirically to see if they are right.
...
Let me know when there is empirical support for the claim that the trucker convoy was more than a 120 trucks representing a tiny minority of Canadian truckers.

This statement you made is NOT one that you made empirically. You have no idea how many trucks there are, or how many people support them.

You are simply making a claim based on commercial media, which is a media that lies (cleverly) for money.

And then you are "pulling academic standards out of your rectum," but only as a way of devaluing the research and ideation of non-commercial sources.

In other words, by entrusting "experts" who work for billionaires, you are enabling fascism, and killing real science.

And you don't even know this because you have almost zero grip on philosophy, and philosophy includes ethics and bio-ethics. Do no harm. Look at the past. Don't trust powerful commercial interests. Do now let yourself be swayed by emotional argumets... etc.
#15209286
Pants-of-dog wrote:I see that QatzelOk now embraces and believes right wing media.


Quite to the contrary she denounced them in that very same post.

From what I see in her response to colliric's post, she was describing a situation where propaganda, be it left-wing or right-wing, reached the viewer and made adverse influence.

She might be presenting in a way like what you've said above, but as I see she is calling for resistance against this very damn thing.

I think it would have been better if guidance instead of sarcasm had been put up.
  • 1
  • 173
  • 174
  • 175
  • 176
  • 177
  • 193

@wat0n I don't think walls are going to keep […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The Russian army has proved itself to be among t[…]

Roe V. Wade to be Overturned

Loosely quoting a Benedictine Nun: "I don't[…]

It's nice to see that people are realizing a prepa[…]