Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 230 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

EVen if Turkey blocks Finland and Sweden, there will easily be secondary defense treaties/partnerships between US/UK/France/Germany/Norway and Finland/Sweden. I'm sure the Baltic states might get in on that secondary defense pact.
Rancid wrote:EVen if Turkey blocks Finland and Sweden

But they won't because Sweden will rather give in to the US and the EU and join their stance on the PKK, so Turkish horse-dealers will be happy.
Croatia is also putting a price tag on Finland+Sweden NATO adventure 8)

Croatian president wants the USA to put a pressure on American sweethearts - Bosnian Muslims, to accept changes of the election law that aim at preventing Muslims to elect Muslims as Croat representatives.

Croatian President accuses Finland of “ignoring Croatia’s interests

President Zoran Milanovic on Friday accused Finland of "ignoring Croatia's interests for years" and reiterated that he would continue fighting for the rights of Croats in Bosnia and Herzegovina because he considers that an exceptionally good security reason for Croatia.

Milanovic was responding to a question from a Nova TV reporter to comment on the statement by Finnish foreign minister Pekka Haavisto, who had allegedly said that Finland was shocked by the president’s statements.

“Welcome to the club, mister foreign minister. We have been shocked for several years already by your ignorance and rudeness,” said Milanovic in response, noting: “If he really said that.”

Milanovic added that two days ago, the state secretary of the Finnish ministry of foreign affairs spoke with the associates in his office and that he “didn’t say that” then.

In his yesterday’s statement to Nova TV, Haavisto didn’t mention being “shocked” but he said that he hoped for Croatian solidarity and assistance in their bid to join NATO.

We find it a bit strange that our NATO membership is being connected to something we cannot influence, he said.

Milanovic’s support for Finland and Sweden’s aspirations is conditional on a reform of the election law in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

“We are shocked that they haven’t given a damn about us for years. We are shocked that they are treating us as if we were a member of the Arab League, with all due respect, and not a NATO and EU member. We are shocked that we are obstructed every time we put this topic on the agenda and try to turn attention to it. I am shocked by the behaviour of the Croatian government and Plenkovic’s part of the HDZ,” the Croatian president said.

Milanovic stressed that he wouldn’t give up fighting for the rights of Croats in the neighbouring country. “I have no choice. I must fight for the basic rights of Croats in BiH peacefully. There is no other option,” he said.

Croatian Parliament Speaker Gordan Jandrokovic said on Friday that it wouldn’t be wise to block Finland and Sweden on their NATO path and that that would mean working to the benefit of Russia, and Milanovic told him “it isn’t a matter of wisdom but a matter of national interest.”

Finland’s state leadership said on Thursday that Finland had to submit a membership application to NATO “without delay,” which is a big turnabout in its policy, prompted by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

“What joining NATO means to Finland at this moment, is what Bosnia and Herzegovina means to us. The difference is in the fact that we have been saying this for several years,” said Milanovic, dismissing claims that he was catering to Russia.

https://hr.n1info.com/english/news/croa ... interests/
By Beren
I am shocked by the behaviour of the Croatian government and Plenkovic’s part of the HDZ,” the Croatian president said.

Milanovic stressed that he wouldn’t give up fighting for the rights of Croats in the neighbouring country. “I have no choice. I must fight for the basic rights of Croats in BiH peacefully. There is no other option,” he said.

Croatian Parliament Speaker Gordan Jandrokovic said on Friday that it wouldn’t be wise to block Finland and Sweden on their NATO path and that that would mean working to the benefit of Russia, and Milanovic told him “it isn’t a matter of wisdom but a matter of national interest.”

It appears to be the Croatian president's one-man show.
Basically yes, though he is gaining a popular momentum in his country , especially among Croats from Bosnia and Herzegovina.

And no, it's not very likely Croatia would dare to do something like obstructing NATO agenda. Decision making lies with other parties, and not with President's supporters.
But, the President is sending waves, checking the pulse of public.
Rancid wrote:EVen if Turkey blocks Finland and Sweden, there will easily be secondary defense treaties/partnerships between US/UK/France/Germany/Norway and Finland/Sweden. I'm sure the Baltic states might get in on that secondary defense pact.

If Erdogan blocks this, he is only hurting himself. It is not as if europe would sit tight if Russian were to invade Finland, as sad as the reality is, western nations like Finland/Sweden more than Ukrainians, I would give it less than 1% that the euro countries/US does not take an actual involvement there. So for findland/sweden, they probably already got what they want. In fact, I suspect that the joint exercises that they have been doing for a while was for an "unofficial" alliance and that did not become NATO members officially as to not annoy russia. But that is just my speculation.
As for NATO, they do benefit from the extra members. Finland specially is strategically important due to its location, extensive bunker network and well its army is not too shaby either.
While trying to milk the situation a little bit might give erdogan a bit of a leverage, overextension is a big concern. He does not have anything to gain with a flat out rejection of the welcoming these countries to the alliance, what does he get? Alienating the US and cozzying up to Russia? at this point in time that seems ridiculous. But then again, lets see what happens :lol: .
XogGyux wrote:It is not as if europe would sit tight if Russian were to invade Finland,

But, what kind of mantra is this?
Why would Russia invade Finland (while it was neutral) in the first place?

Now, when Finland expressed suicidal wish to become spring board for NATO aggression, she is completely eligible for de-NATOization process that should render her unusable for NATO.
Ukraine reports Russian troops are withdrawing from everywhere around Kharkiv, they also said russian forces suffered 27000 KIAs.
The comments came after a respected military think tank said Ukraine has "likely won the battle" for Kharkiv.
Kharkiv's mayor says that Ukrainian forces have pushed Russian troops "far out" from Ukraine's second city. “Now it is calm and people are gradually coming back to the city," Mayor Ihor Terekhov says.

In Rubhizne, Luhansk, a complete Russian batallion reportedly refused orders to attack.

The Finnish president called his Rusian counterpart Vladimir Putin today to tell him Finland would apply for Nato membership in the next few days.
In a statement, Sauli Niinistö said he told Putin how recent moves by Russia, along with the invasion of Ukraine, "have altered the security environment of Finland".
Sweden is widely expected to follow suit in the next few days.

The Russian ship Vsevolod Bobrov is on fire.
Independent_Srpska wrote:But, what kind of mantra is this?

Now, when Finland expressed suicidal wish to become spring board for NATO aggression, she is completely eligible for de-NATOization process that should render her unusable for NATO.

It is quite extraordinary. Finland have been such ardent followers of the neutral 'Finlandization' position for generations. Close diplomatic ties with Soviet and Federal Russia regardless of anything else that was happening. The Soviets lost many soldiers in the Winter War and the Continuation War, but the Finns were scarred as well, vowing to do everything to avoid fighting another war with Russia.

One has to be a complete crackpot to push them into this position.

Yeah, interesting concept by Finland...they didn't have any issues with Russia while maintaining neutrality, now they are poking a bear in the eye, completely unprovoked.
Independent_Srpska wrote:But, what kind of mantra is this?

You focking kidding me? Russia has already invaded Finland in the past. And now it is invading Ukraine. Connect the focking dots.
Is it likely that they invade? No, specially now after realizing that their army is crap. But they just committed a major military blunder that boasted the popularity of NATO and acceptance by Sweeden/Finland... so yeah, when you spit to the sky, it tends to splash your own face.
By Beren
Independent_Srpska wrote:And no, it's not very likely Croatia would dare to do something like obstructing NATO agenda.

It's actually the Swedish and the Finnish people who should obstruct NATO agenda in this case, horse-dealers and buffoons coming up with their petty issues are rather pathetic.

However...

Containment of NATO ✔️

Finland's End of Military Neutrality a 'Mistake,' Putin Tells Finnish President
JohnRawls wrote:they didn't have any issues with Russia while maintaining neutrality, now they are poking a bear in the eye, completely unprovoked.

It's two battalions? Thought it was just one?

Anyway, that was just a distraction. A distraction..
XogGyux wrote:You focking kidding me? Russia has already invaded Finland in the past. And now it is invading Ukraine. Connect the focking dots.
Is it likely that they invade? No, specially now after realizing that their army is crap. But they just committed a major military blunder that boasted the popularity of NATO and acceptance by Sweeden/Finland... so yeah, when you spit to the sky, it tends to splash your own face.

Does Finland do to Russians what Kiev regime have been doing since 2014?
No.
So, nothing to worry about , unless they want to become spring-board for the NATO aggressions.
Now, they have chosen to become NATO puppets and provoke Russia...if you ask me, not really smart following the path of Kiev puppets.
Doing the same , expecting different outcome is a definition of stupidity by Einstein.
Rancid wrote:It's two battalions? Thought it was just one?

Anyway, that was just a distraction. A distraction..

Oh, boy...1, 2, 4, 8, 16 ...western propaganda fulfills all wet dreams of NATO-fanboys club, just name it..
By Rancid
Independent_Srpska wrote:Oh, boy...1, 2, 4, 8, 16 ...western propaganda fulfills all wet dreams of NATO-fanboys club, just name it..

The Russian failure and withdrawal from Kharkiv is a lie, I'm sure.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]