The mayor of Kyiv said that about 40 monuments connected with Muscovy and the totalitarian Marxist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

litwin wrote:The mayor of Kyiv said that about 40 monuments connected with Muscovy and the totalitarian Marxist USSR would be dismantled in the capital.

Geat News ! RT.ru " Nooooooooooooo ... whyyyyyyyy? They're such masterpieces of art! Soviet monuments are the 20th-century equivalent of a Michaelangelo!"

Yes, They should put up statues of Stepan Bandera and all the other Ukrainian heroes of OUN/B . And the Nachtigall Battalion and the SS Galician Division while they are at it.
ness31 wrote:I was merely commenting on the fact they actually were able to do that. In the middle of a war.

And I think it's good.

Looting and destruction of precious art is probably a common theme of every war.

I wasn't coming at you.

Chalmers Johnson said in one of the books about the US 'interventions' something to the effect that "if ignorance is bliss, Baghdad was a paradise" with respect to the burning and looting of the museum and library.

The Russian war in Ukraine is fucked. The American wars were fucked. I'm glad if they can protect some of the art.

Everyone in the world, including Americans, have every right to criticize the Russian aggression. Unfortunately, the American and British media craze about it is a little hollow. It isn't as though we have any moral high ground here, based on events of the past couple decades. Americans and British sort of set the precedent.

And the American and British media loved the Iraq War.

Sort of a tangent, but just saying, but wasn't coming at you or anything.
Lol, well I’m glad we fluffed that out :lol:

Of course the destruction and looting of art/culture during war time is a very calculated crime. I don’t think we can even compare what was perpetrated on Iraq to what’s happening in Ukraine. Not even close.

But yes, all wars are bad. Very very bad. Not always equal in terms of carnage and the righteous indignation from sectors of the global community…but very very bad nonetheless.
litwin wrote:nobody cares what you war- criminal, rapists ivans think or feel, you pay the next step for you the Hague!

I figured you would be a coward and not state what you'd like to have for new statues, the statues of your heroes no doubt. Just like the hate filled young man, his social media covered with the Black Sun and other symbols you guys love so much, who just shot up a supermarket full of black people in the USA.... You never go against your extremists do you? Because that would expose your lies, genocidal hatred, and your sympathies for Fascist monsters.
Oh, boy...this stupidity is so the Balkans shyt and it is all about the ethnogenesis of the newly formed ethnicities which is based on the hate and negation of past. "We are not Russians, we do not want to have anything with Russians, we do not speak their language, we kill them - therefore we are not Russians, we are something else, not sure what we are but we hate Russians and negate any relations with them."

That's so Croat and so Bosnian-Muslim mindset.

That way Croats destroyed the monument to Nikola Tesla in his home region in 1991...now, the Croats put Nikola Tesla on the Euro coins :lol: :lol: :lol:
They put food where they crapped.

The same expects Ukrainians. Not that far in the future.
Beren wrote:Why would they unable to do that in the middle of a war? Do you think it requires so much effort or what? :eh:

The looting and or destruction of cultural heritage requires instability.

War zones are usually places where people fear for their lives, the very definition of a state of emergency. Being able to bubble wrap and protect your art, (or change your cultural narrative) in the middle of a war is like collecting your overhead luggage as your plane is going down.

Is a small point, but I think it’s telling :)

@Drlee Unlike @JohnRawls I don't think Ameri[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Startup in Muscovy : mother of a Muscovite soldier[…]

Got to watch the lexicon. Heritable is not a real[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]