Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 238 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Erdogan is in a stronger negotiating position today than he's been for several years - controlling what comes in or out of the Black Sea has skyrocketed in worth, strategically speaking. The Americans have been tired of his double dealing and irrational antics for some time, but now more than ever they will not sacrifice this advantage. The Swedish and Finnish negotiation teams heading for Turkey right now are not going to move anything until they are able to placate him (or not).

Given his history, I expect him to grab everything that the Americans give him, turn around and grab everything the Russians give him, continue with taking everything that China might give him and still be supplying Ukraine with drones. The man is a pimp and a whore.

Anti-Erdogan sentiment in Sweden crosses all political lines but it is far more pronounced on the Left. 100k Kurds live in Sweden, the most prominent being Amineh Kakabaveh. A representative in parliament, formerly for the Left Party before being excommunicated for her work on women's rights and outspokenness against things like honor killings and the Burqa, she has played a crucial role as a tiebreaker in the formation of the last two governments. Born in Iran of Kurdish background, an outspoken Marxist and fought for the Pashmerga in Iran and Iraq in her youth.
Independent_Srpska wrote:Understandable. Berliners also did not have the urge to be liberated by Russians in 1945.

In my opinion they were actually waiting for being captured finally, they must have been tired of the war altogether.
So, Croatian President reiterates today:"A cuticle of a Croat from Bosnia and Herzegovina is more important to me than the whole Finland."

Erdogan is not alone :D
By Beren
Independent_Srpska wrote:So, Croatian President reiterates today:"A cuticle of a Croat from Bosnia and Herzegovina is more important to me than the whole Finland."

Erdogan is not alone :D

Erdogan at least really asks for something because he really has a problem.
Beren wrote:Erdogan at least really asks for something because he really has a problem.

Oh, but this is a real problem, too. As Croat president already put it in a way:"To Croatia the unsolved problem in BiH is way bigger security risk than if Finland stays out of NATO"
I wonder what Putler promised Erdowahn for playing traitor. Tyrant love. :roll:

Not that it matters. The US has security alliances outside NATO and it could have one with Finland obviously.
By Beren
Independent_Srpska wrote:Oh, but this is a real problem, too. As Croat president already put it in a way:"To Croatia the unsolved problem in BiH is way bigger security risk than if Finland stays out of NATO"

In Croatia it's also an issue that Orbán recently said Hungary also would have a sea coast if it hadn't been taken away from us, so we wouldn't be a landlocked country and we could have crude oil through the sea as well and not only from Russia. Which he shouldn't have said, of course, but it also should not be such a big deal, he didn't mean that Hungary should do anything about it. However, now they refuse to serve Hungarians in some Croatian restaurants. :roll:

Rugoz wrote:I wonder what Putler promised Erdowahn for playing traitor.

Nothing, Erdogan just tries to get something for himself.

Rugoz wrote:Not that it matters. The US has security alliances outside NATO and it could have one with Finland obviously.

NATO expansion is also supposed to prove Putin's actions to be counterproductive.
Rancid wrote:@Igor Antunov, has Kyiv been surrounded yet?

It is completely surrounded. Surrounded by about 230,000 square miles of Ukrainians who are, at the moment, temporarily involved in kicking the Russian Army in the ass and generally inspiring the rest of the world.
Has Kiev won yet? Is it winning yet? On reddit and twitter? Oh no no no :lol:
West of Popasnaya, troops of LNR liberated villages of Kalinovo-Popasnaya and Rozovka, and reached the administrative border of the Republic

NM LNR liberated Novozvanovka in the south of Popasnaya, slowly moving towards Svetlodarsk

NATO training ground in Lviv is getting LIT UP, heaviest bombardment of the city since the start of the operation. Air defenses are missing and hitting apartment buildings again. OH no no no :lol:
Beren wrote:In Croatia it's also an issue that Orbán recently said Hungary also would have a sea coast if it hadn't been taken away from us, so we wouldn't be a landlocked country and we could have crude oil through the sea as well and not only from Russia. Which he shouldn't have said, of course, but it also should not be such a big deal, he didn't mean that Hungary should do anything about it. However, now they refuse to serve Hungarians in some Croatian restaurants. :roll:

Haha, yes, I saw the table:"We don't serve Hungarians" in the restaurant on peninsula Peljesac in Croatia :lol:
You greedy Magyars you! :lol:

However, that was just a day long funny story.
But, this between Muslims and Croats about the election law in Bosnia and Herzegovina is brewing long time, and it can get serious. The Croat president is pretty serious about blocking Finland and Sweden's bid for NATO in order to improve position of Croats with the help of the BIH creator - the USA.
Independent_Srpska wrote:Understandable. Berliners also did not have the urge to be liberated by Russians in 1945.

I think you cannot compare this, in 1945 the Allies put an end to a dictatorship, here it is a dictator attacking a free country.
Wels wrote:I think you cannot compare this, in 1945 the Allies put an end to a dictatorship, here it is a dictator attacking a free country.

Yes, yes, it's a different point of view...In Berlinin 1939-1945 they also called the others banditen and what not else, which is probably equivalent to yours "a dictatorship" from nowadays.
It's a just words play that hides the essence. I mean an attempt.
In Bosnia (and in Herzegovina too), there were several genocides and 1 holocaust.
I am not sure what are you talking about, but I suppose you will prove that you are aware only of western propaganda mantra.
Last edited by Independent_Srpska on 17 May 2022 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
Wels wrote:I think you cannot compare this, in 1945 the Allies put an end to a dictatorship, here it is a dictator attacking a free country.

In 1939 we went to war to defend one dictatorship against another dictatorship. Some argue World War II started earlier with conflict between the Japanese dictatorship and the Kuomintang dictatorship. Some earlier still with the conflict between Mussolini's dictatorship and the Ethiopian dictatorship.

Soviet occupied territory became dictatorships. But South Korea became a dictatorship, Greece was no paragon of democracy and human rights and even if the West had controlled Eastern Europe, rather than the Soviets. Its doubtful if there would have been much in the way of democracy any time soon. WWII can not be reduced to a simple moralistic story of democracy vs dictatorship.

Like most Ukrainians these days I'm a big fan of Stephan Bandera, but even he it must be admitted could play a bit fast and loose with the human rights sometimes. :)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tell it to all the "it's all the same" […]

Muscovites always seem to get offended by the […]

Kiev fell apart, so they moved to Moscow , which […]

https://twitter.com/iamdenya_de/status/17700095631[…]