Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 242 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

JohnRawls wrote:Russia GDP is -10 to -20 percent this year. We have cut off most technological exports to Russia and especially semiconductors. China is not willing to help and suffer secondary sanctions. In the economic sense we got them where we wanted them. Also without EU and US parts they can't really produce modern weapons including tanks and apcs funnily enough. I think that we did a good job.

But but but the (heavily controlled and manipulated) rouble!

NATO is stating they expect the current lines to basically remain static for the next couple of weeks. Which, is a massive embarrassment for Igor's Russia.

Where's the collapse he keeps talking about?
By Wels
Like JohnRawls wrote, Russia has run into problems stacking up to its losses. No semiconductors, no electronics, instead they are stealing wheat and cannibalize household electronics like there's no tomorrow. Maybe there is none, for Russia.
My estimate is it will take appx. 30 years for Russia to recover economically. Maybe a bit more until it comes to trade again. If people forget quickly. International recognition? Depends on when Putin dies. A long cold war and isolation awaits.
On a sidenote, it seems even the "CSTO" of former soviet satellites has nothing than contempt for Putin, sans Lukashenko.
JohnRawls wrote:Russia GDP is -10 to -20 percent this year. We have cut off most technological exports to Russia and especially semiconductors. China is not willing to help and suffer secondary sanctions. In the economic sense we got them where we wanted them. Also without EU and US parts they can't really produce modern weapons including tanks and apcs funnily enough. I think that we did a good job.

Ugh, no. The Russians make their own equipment and are exporters of it too. Cutting off tech exports to them is not going to make their military fail.
By Wels
I have this from another forum (quote), site and/or video has already been posted here i think.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61496428

It is about the young russian soldier who killed a 62 year-old civilian man in the beginning of Putin's very "special operation", and had to appear before international court.

The Kremlin said earlier it was "not informed about the case". Of course. Fuck you.

"Look at the face of that boy and tell me he is a monster. He isn't. He just happened to have lost the birth lottery, and then living in the wrong time, in the wrong place, until circumstances caught up with him.

One more reason to despise fascist Russia. For what they do, to foreign people in Ukraine.
And to their own sons. 21 years, and a life sentence. Sh!t. He should be held accountable, but one should not forget what these young russian soldiers are. They mostly come from small villages, have seen nothing of the world, no education, low self esteem, poor family backgound, and the army treated them like sh1t and god knows what they did to break their human integrity.
In a way he is as much a victim as the man he has shot.

This is not meant to argue that one should fight less determined against the Russians. Hell, no! Certainly not. But their government are the scumbags who enjoy what they do, and who already have turned into animals themselves, and then there are the ones like this one. I simply cannot imagine he laughed after he shot the man."

Contempt for the russian "leadership" is a bit of an understatement.
By Wels
Wulfschilde wrote:Ugh, no. The Russians make their own equipment and are exporters of it too. Cutting off tech exports to them is not going to make their military fail.

They do not export that much now. Russia does not have the electronics, read: chips.
End of story.
Wulfschilde wrote:This is a really heavily edited video with background music and stuff.

So you couldn't get it?

Wulfschilde wrote:Economically the rouble is now at a three-year high.

Economically I wonder if the ruble should be that strong, it doesn't help Russia's foreign trade, so thus economy. However, it's not so easy for them to make an efficient monetary policy as it was before.

Wulfschilde wrote:The western plan was always to make Russia economically unable to continue the war. Now the plan is to have Ukraine win militarily?

I don't know if what the Western plan for this war was or is, if there was or is any, but it seems to have been going to their plan rather than that of Putin's so far.
Beren wrote:I don't know if what the Western plan for this war was or is, if there was or is any, but it seems to have been going to their plan rather than that of Putin's so far.

From what I can tell, objectives are to give Ukraine a chance as sovereignty, and have a weakened/reduced Russia. Basically knock them out of the geopolitical chess match.
Russians have looted the Mariapol museum's ancient Slavic gold, and carded it off to Crimea.
This is what Nazis did in WWII.
My guess is Putin is terminally ill and has unleashed his heinous war in anticipation (like Milosĕvic of Serbia) of not surviving to face a war crimes tribunal.
By Rancid
Wels wrote:Russians have looted the Mariapol museum's ancient Slavic gold, and carded it off to Crimea.
This is what Nazis did in WWII.
My guess is Putin is terminally ill and has unleashed his heinous war in anticipation (like Milosĕvic of Serbia) of not surviving to face a war crimes tribunal.

Probably. Putin like Igor is a coward.
Wels wrote:My guess is Putin is terminally ill and has unleashed his heinous war in anticipation (like Milosĕvic of Serbia) of not surviving to face a war crimes tribunal.

Regardless of this, I think NATO should conduct a decapitation operation ASAP to minimize suffering of ordinary people. I mean, it sounds right to prolong suffering of Putin and those who genuinely support him (e.g. all those Slavic nationalists like Antunov or Independent_Srpska, who should be killed alongside Putin), but ultimately we should see them like cancer cells, which need to be dealt with ASAP.
Patrickov wrote:Regardless of this, I think NATO should conduct a decapitation operation ASAP to minimize suffering of ordinary people

Agree, it's time for NATO to start bombing Russians back home. Also launch a few rockets right into the Kremlin.
In total, 785 freshly captured Azov hamsters are being sent to siberia in cages for construction of new resource extraction cities, in accordance with the new Shoygu initiative, after receiving medical treatment of course.

The defense of Severodonetsk is crumbling - another unit of the Armed Forces of Ukraine refused to fight

Another unit of the 115th brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine refused to fight and obey orders in Severodonetsk. This time, a platoon of the 3rd battalion of the 115th brigade recorded an appeal to Zelensky and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Zaluzhny:

“We refuse to carry out combat missions because we do not have reinforcements from behind. No heavy equipment. We have been waiting for reinforcements for two weeks, but there is none. We are being sent to certain death. The command is missing. There is no technology and respect for people. We do not refuse to defend Ukraine, but in such conditions we refuse to carry out combat missions!”

Assault on Severodonetsk by Russian and LPR troops

Yellow highlights the locations of today's battles in the suburbs. The Ukrainian Armed Forces retreated from forward positions to residential areas, intending to once again use civilians as human shields.

Crews of American supplied M777 howitzers meet their fate on the front line. How sad. At least the equipment can be gifted to republican forces. All is not lost. Thanks Biden.

The return of Azov formation and other heroes of Mariupol prisoners of war should be a top priority. If Zelensky attempts to betray them he should face the severest consequence from Ukrainian patriotic organisations.
Igor Antunov wrote:In total, 785 freshly captured Azov hamsters are being sent to siberia in cages for construction of new resource extraction cities, in accordance with the new Shoygu initiative, after receiving medical treatment of course.

Crews of American supplied M777 howitzers meet their fate on the front line. How sad. At least the equipment can be gifted to republican forces. All is not lost. Thanks Biden.

Cool for you i guess? This kind of misses the point that Mariupol defenders completed their objective of holding back Russian forces until they depleted themselves already. They overfulfilled in this regard.

So what is Russia going to do now when they are depleted and capable of very limited offensives while Ukraine is mobilising and arming new battle formations with Western weapons?

As much as I see it, either Russia continues to do limited offensives but that will deplete them even more in hope to prevent bulk deployment of new battle ready formations for the offensive. Or Russia goes in to full entrentchment mode and try to withstand the inevitable offensive that will come.

Both solutions are kinda shit since first one trades more casualties but sustaining initiative while the 2nd one produces less casualties in shorter term while loosing most of initiative. Both of the solution don't solve the main problem that ultimately Ukraine has more capability to deploy/mobilise troops with far larger Western industrial base while Russia can't simply keep up either with stored units or production. It is a loose faster or loose slower situation for Russia.
Last edited by JohnRawls on 19 May 2022 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
By ingliz
@Rich

I doubt they will be exchanged.

Russian sources claim the Azov 700 have been sent to a penal colony on Russian territory and will be tried at some future date by a special tribunal as terrorists (Death penalty?).
ingliz wrote:@Rich

I doubt they will be exchanged.

Russian sources claim the Azov 700 have been sent to a penal colony on Russian territory and will be tried at some future date by a special tribunal as terrorists (Death penalty?).

They are a bargaining chip of sorts for Russia, main point being here that Ukraine will not negotiate a peace treaty with Russia and won't even talk if they don't get Azov people back. This is not something Russia can sustain long term basically so eventually they will have to give them back.
Igor Antunov wrote:Crews of American supplied M777 howitzers meet their fate on the front line. How sad. At least the equipment can be gifted to republican forces. All is not lost. Thanks Biden.

Another video where nothing is being hit. :roll:
re Azov prisoners
They would be better off to be shot i guess. There will be interrogation most probably with torture, and/or at least lifelong prison in a russian jail, or work themselves to death in Siberia.

The sorry excuse for this "parliament" named DUMA will "decide" that an exchange or POW status will not be applied, so they are off limits.
Remember this is AZOV, the pretended excuse for the "special operation" since all Ukraine = Azov and has to be denazified/liberated/killed. Lies on top of lies.

I cannot imagine what awaits them, better do not think about it.
Why was there no possibility to push back russian military just for a week and get them out in time. :(

Current situation:
It would be helpful to raise the Ukrainian's ability to interdict the logistical supply chains already on Russian soil. Bring the war to Russia.
And find those Kilos.
By Rich
Ukraine and the West are going to convict Russian prisoners of war for war crimes and crimes against humanity. Russia has been forced to respond in kind. Correct me if I'm wrong but we didn't engage in this nonsense back in World War II. SS prisoners were not tried till after the war.

Top leaders should not be tried. The Nuremberg trails were a farce. i mean seriously what was the point of trying Goering? Executions and imprisonments are fine, but these should be by of these of Parliament / Congress not phony judicial processes which bring the rule of law into disrepute. Its OK to prosecute lower level officers, soldiers, officials and people, but getting to do this is the fruits of complete victory.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]