Using immigration to replace the voters with new ones - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:Yes, I have travelled extensively and live abroad alongside Americans who live where I do, because of the higher living standards than in the USA... and cheaper healthcare.

Then you obviously haven't travelled to any of the countries where these migrants are coming from.

(Of if you have, you've only stayed in the nice tourist parts, which are more insulated from all the unpleasantries commonplace everywhere else in the country)
Godstud wrote: They aren't all worse. Many are better. USA does not have the highest standard of living. They don't even rank in the top 10.

Isn't it fascinating that most tourists only travel to the small minority of countries that have higher standards of living?

When the reality is most of the world is not like that. Most tourists do not travel to the parts of the world where most people live.

If you think "most parts of the world" are better than the USA, you are living in extreme ignorance.

Why don't tourists commonly travel to Africa? (If they do, it's usually to the mostly unpopulated parts of Eastern Africa on the savannahs to see the wildlife) Any tourists you know who chose to travel to Pakistan?

Next time you plan a vacation to some other part of the world, maybe print out one of those maps of world countries distorted in proportion to population, and then throw darts at random to decide where you will be visiting.

Less than 22 percent of the world lives in White English speaking or Western European countries.

I could conjecture (and I'd probably be right) your "world experience" is mostly limited to these.
Puffer Fish wrote:Isn't it fascinating that most tourists only travel to the small minority of countries that have higher standards of living?
That's false, as well. Many Americans travel to Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Thailand, etc. Are you telling me that they have a higher standard of living? You're making up nonsense.

Puffer Fish wrote:Most tourists do not travel to the parts of the world where most people live.
I don't think you know a thing about this topic. You're probably one of the 50% of Americans who doesn't even have a passport, and haven't travelled outside continental USA.

Puffer Fish wrote:If you think "most parts of the world" are better than the USA, you are living in extreme ignorance.
I never said that. Your misquoting me is dumb, and obvious.
Godstud wrote:They aren't all worse. Many are better. USA does not have the highest standard of living.

Puffer Fish wrote:Why don't tourists commonly travel to Africa? (If they do, it's usually to the mostly unpopulated parts of Eastern Africa on the savannahs to see the wildlife) Any tourists you know who chose to travel to Pakistan?
Yes, I do know people who have travelled to Egypt, Morocco, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, and Nigeria(all countries in AFRICA, btw). I know people who have travelled to Pakistan and India. I know people who have travelled to China.. and even lived there for years.

You have never travelled, have you? Just admit it. It's obvious.

Puffer Fish wrote:Less than 22 percent of the world lives in White English speaking or Western European countries.
So what? I guess that would make a difference to a racist, like you. It wouldn't to me. You sure blast out your racist tendencies for all to see.

Puffer Fish wrote:I could conjecture (and I'd probably be right) your "world experience" is mostly limited to these.
Are you going to tell me about how "white" and English-speaking Thailand is? I'd be fascinated to hear your lies about THIS. :moron:
@Godstud the Americans who are doing that, do it because they have enough wealth to live like those countries' upper middle class, if not their upper class outright.

Middle class Americans or Canadians have far higher living standards than a middle class Chilean, Mexican or Thai. So high in fact that they'd at the very least count as upper middle class in those societies, if not upper class outright.
wat0n wrote:Middle class Americans or Canadians have far higher living standards than a middle class Chilean, Mexican or Thai.
You are making assumptions. What are they based on?

What countries have different ideas of what the classes are, is true. Then again, I know a couple Thai Middle class families who just got back from a vacation in India, and another from Krabi(Southern Thailand resort). Another middle class Tai I know is visiting the USA for a month. I know it's anecdotal, but that's more than you've provided.

Middle class Thais can afford to own a house. Is this the same in the USA?
Godstud wrote:You are making assumptions. What are they based on?

What countries have different ideas of what the classes are, is true. Then again, I know a couple Thai Middle class families who just got back from a vacation in India, and another from Krabi(Southern Thailand resort). Another middle class Tai I know is visiting the USA for a month. I know it's anecdotal, but that's more than you've provided.

Middle class Thais can afford to own a house. Is this the same in the USA?

I can compare. A middle class household here in Chicago will be far, far better off than one in Santiago. By "middle class" I mean it literally, a family earning around the household median.

Same holds in PPP terms.
wat0n wrote:I can compare. A middle class household here in Chicago will be far, far better off than one in Santiago. By "middle class" I mean it literally, a family earning around the household median.
Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. You don't compare what a middle class household in Chicago to a middle class household in Santiago.

The same applies to what is considered "poor", as it's relative to the area it's in and what is considered affluent in that area.

eg. The average US household has a tv, but then that might not be a norm for a different country where tv isn't important. middle class family somewhere else might not have a tv, but that doesn't mean their middle class is any "lesser" for it.

You are making a BIASED comparison.
Godstud wrote:Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. You don't compare what a middle class household in Chicago to a middle class household in Santiago.

The same applies to what is considered "poor", as it's relative to the area it's in and what is considered affluent in that area.

eg. The average US household has a tv, but then that might not be a norm for a different country where tv isn't important. middle class family somewhere else might not have a tv, but that doesn't mean their middle class is any "lesser" for it.

You are making a BIASED comparison.

No I'm not. It's exactly the type of comparison immigrants (legal or not) do.
wat0n wrote:Not just that. The only thing the people who stormed the Capitol have in common was that they tend to believe in that conspiracy theory.

Can we please stop this gaslighting by the Liberal media that Jan 6th was a white supremacist attack. The guy who organised it Ali Alexander was "Black", he's of Black African origin.
BlutoSays wrote:Correct, back when democrats weren't fucking insane like they have been for the last 20 years.

Back when The Republicans were not bat shit insane they had Lincoln.

The Democrats have problems. The Republicans are certifiably insane.

Claiming that en election was stolen by fraud for party political gain, is well past the point when you have jumped the shark as a political party.

The Republican Party has rejected all respect for democracy. They are just out for what they can get,.

And no one that crazy can be trusted at all.
Rich wrote:Can we please stop this gaslighting by the Liberal media that Jan 6th was a white supremacist attack. The guy who organised it Ali Alexander was "Black", he's of Black African origin.

Plenty of White supremacists were involved.

IT was a cornucopia of right wing idiots of many stripes.

White Supremacists were a significant element.
Rich wrote:

The guy who organised it Ali Alexander was "Black", he's of Black African origin.

The Trump Crowd organised it. We have thousands of documents proving it, with more being dug up all the time.

You need propaganda that is at least vaguely plausible. That's some of the dumbest sh*t I've seen lately, and you guys puke up dumb sh*t daily.
pugsville wrote:Plenty of White supremacists were involved.

IT was a cornucopia of right wing idiots of many stripes.

White Supremacists were a significant element.

Well isn't that a good thing? Isn't it good for White supremacists to come together with people of non European race. The radical left have always argued that it is only through extra parliamentary common struggle that ordinary people can break down their prejudices and put aside superficial differences to unite against the common enemy.

Trump made significant inroads into the Democrat strangle hold on "Black" male and "Latino" male support. Trump made significant ground in turning racial strife into class conflict. Poor and lower class Black African American and Latino men's cultures and values at the end of the day are really not in alignment with the American liberal elite.

The link and quote has been posted. As well as li[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]