Feeling Biden's inflation yet? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote:The truth hurts? :*( My heart bleeds purple piss for your "beliefs".

Capitalism, unchecked, leads to exploitation and crony capitalism.

Crony Capitalism
an economic system characterized by close, mutually advantageous relationships between business leaders and government officials.

What unchecked capitalism. We haven't had unchecked capitalism in the last 100 years, but you keep yammering on about how awful it is and how we're suffering from it.

Unchecked capitalism! WHERE?

There's the Federal Register, a compendium of all federal laws: https://www.federalregister.gov/

Where is capitalism unchecked? Find it for me.
BlutoSays wrote:Did your Coke double overnight? Did your gasoline?

Why are you such an apologist for this administration? Because it's not the last one? Welp, maybe it'll take a little longer for you to see the light. Fine by me.

AHh Bluto it's capitalist economy if prices go up it capitalism at work, the Government does not set prices.

Are you calling again for massive government intervention in the Economy?

Why are you always attacking capitalism?
Potemkin wrote:As @Godstud (rather rudely, as is his wont) pointed out, the increase in the money supply is not the primary cause of the inflation, and the increase in demand post-Covid is also not the primary cause. Demand currently exceeds supply because there are supply bottlenecks due to various causes, most of which are global and are beyond the control of President Biden or, indeed, any other world leader. This imbalance between supply and demand has led the free market to restore equilibrium by raising prices so that supply and demand are once again equally matched. Notice that the equilibrium which the free market is constantly seeking to restore is not a fixed price for goods, but a perfect match between supply and demand. Notice also that ‘demand’ in the marketplace is not the same thing as human need - somebody might be starving to death, but if they have no money to buy food, then their need for food will never show up in the marketplace as a demand for food. The free market will let them starve to death, and that will be that. In fact, it has to let them starve to death in order for the price mechanism to function properly to keep supply and demand in perfect equilibrium - those who cannot afford to pay the higher prices drop out of the market (and possibly out of existence too).

@Potemkin :

All accounts then are balanced perfectly. Except the book written in eternity perhaps.

I'm no Marxist, but seems to me given the obvious " crisis of over production " that prices would actually go down, but they haven't as you have said. It seems most bizarre to me that in the West people are practically drowning in things and in debt and yet can't afford basics. I have seen people living in 6 figure homes buying groceries on government welfare.

It's so obvious Capitalism is failing for most people, but so many are so deluded about this basic fact
BlutoSays wrote:Hey, let me correct you on something right now. Don't for a minute believe anyone has to have a degree in economics to understand economics. It's like saying only a constitutional lawyer can understand the Constitution. It's absolute BS.

I did not say anyone has to have a degree in economics to understand economics. However, it feels like you understand very little so I merely suggested you go read up on economics and study it on your own. I did not say you should study at a university or college.

Saying it's complicated is like saying I'm searching for an excuse for poor performance.

Not really. Saying it's not complicated to me is like saying, inflation is easy as pie. I don't believe that for a minute. Inflation is an issue that has been plaguing so many administrations and it gets worse or better each year, it fluctuates. Inflation can be unstable like the NYSE.

The Fed can unleash inflation. So can the congress through bad policy and enabled by presidents.

The Fed regulates interest rates. Inflation is not unleashed. It's a result of market behavior - demand and supply as others in this thread have mentioned. You have not been paying attention.

Democrats today are believers. They are not thinkers. They believe a premise and then they push policy to make it happen, regardless of how nonsensical the premise is. They tout SCIENCE when they're in favor of just the opposite. They politicize science and then call it SCIENCE. Then they label it "settled science" to quell any challenges. That should make your antennae go up right there. It's just more democrat BS. The whole DNC is formed around BS ideologies.

At least Democrats believe in Science. Republicans deny that science exists.

Inflation is something you want to keep low. Like one to two percent. When people have been saying if you keep juicing the printer, eventually it's going to come back to haunt, they have an idea of the outcomes just from past history. That's what you get with democrats - endless printing. They wanted endless money because everyone "deserved" a house and that caused a crisis back in 2007/2008, but the setup was a decade in the making by democrats. And right up until the SHTF, Maxine Waters, Barney Frank, Franklin Raines and the entire DNC said there is no problem. Well there was, thanks to their shenanigans.

Do you understand why more money has to be printed? Maybe it has to do with the national debt, hmm? The US is spending money that it doesn't technically have. Have you heard that China owns a sizable chunk of the US national debt? I think it was Bush Jr who created over a trillion dollar national debt because he wanted the Iraq war and the war in Afghanistan, as if one war is not enough. :roll:

Currency gets its value from rarity. When you endlessly create it, of course you get inflation because you make it less rare, hence you lower its value.

Wasn't it a Republican who made it so that the dollar was no longer backed by gold? That will also lower the value of currency.

Things are NOT becoming more expensive. What's happening are dollars are becoming worth less and less.

I paid more to get my driver's license renewed last month, ten dollars more. People are paying more to fill their gas tank. A gallon of milk costs more than it did in the 90s. Prices have definitely shot up.
BlutoSays wrote:Unchecked capitalism! WHERE?

13 Examples of Crony Capitalism
https://simplicable.com/en/crony-capitalism

The 2007–2008 Financial Crisis in Review
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/e ... review.asp

Late Stage Capitalism, Its Characteristics, and Why the Term Is Trending
https://www.thebalance.com/late-stage-c ... ng-4172369

BlutoSays wrote:There's the Federal Register, a compendium of all federal laws: https://www.federalregister.gov/
:eh: That's not regulation of Capitalism. You are confidently incorrect, as usual.
BlutoSays wrote:What unchecked capitalism. We haven't had unchecked capitalism in the last 100 years, but you keep yammering on about how awful it is and how we're suffering from it.

Unchecked capitalism! WHERE?

There's the Federal Register, a compendium of all federal laws: https://www.federalregister.gov/

Where is capitalism unchecked? Find it for me.

So you deny that there are any Capitalistic forces art work in the economy?

Thr Money has no influence of elections or policy?

That Very rich people and corporations do not have any influence over the economy or politics?

That some checks exist on capitalism does not make it without power or influence,

Your basic argument is fundamentally illogical,
BlutoSays wrote:What unchecked capitalism. We haven't had unchecked capitalism in the last 100 years

Says who? you? :lol:

Is "unchecked" capitalism the same as predatory capitalism which is pretty much everywhere?
BlutoSays wrote:more free shit for the free shit army. It fixes everything. Brilliant!

Here he is kids ..... the leader of the billionaire free shit army:

Trump brags about not paying taxes: ‘That makes me smart’
Godstud wrote:13 Examples of Crony Capitalism
https://simplicable.com/en/crony-capitalism

The 2007–2008 Financial Crisis in Review
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/e ... review.asp

Late Stage Capitalism, Its Characteristics, and Why the Term Is Trending
https://www.thebalance.com/late-stage-c ... ng-4172369

:eh: That's not regulation of Capitalism. You are confidently incorrect, as usual.

Of course the Federal Register is regulation of capitalism.
pugsville wrote:So you deny that there are any Capitalistic forces art work in the economy?

Thr Money has no influence of elections or policy?

That Very rich people and corporations do not have any influence over the economy or politics?

That some checks exist on capitalism does not make it without power or influence,

Your basic argument is fundamentally illogical,

Of course there are capitalistic and cronyism at work in the economy.

Money does influence elections.

The rich do have influence in the economy.

There is NO UNCHECKED CAPITALISM and there hasn't been any for 100 years. Got it now?

Frankly, more than 100 years. All the way back to Woodrow Wilson.
MistyTiger wrote:I did not say anyone has to have a degree in economics to understand economics. However, it feels like you understand very little so I merely suggested you go read up on economics and study it on your own. I did not say you should study at a university or college.

Not really. Saying it's not complicated to me is like saying, inflation is easy as pie. I don't believe that for a minute. Inflation is an issue that has been plaguing so many administrations and it gets worse or better each year, it fluctuates. Inflation can be unstable like the NYSE.

The Fed regulates interest rates. Inflation is not unleashed. It's a result of market behavior - demand and supply as others in this thread have mentioned. You have not been paying attention.

At least Democrats believe in Science. Republicans deny that science exists.

Do you understand why more money has to be printed? Maybe it has to do with the national debt, hmm? The US is spending money that it doesn't technically have. Have you heard that China owns a sizable chunk of the US national debt? I think it was Bush Jr who created over a trillion dollar national debt because he wanted the Iraq war and the war in Afghanistan, as if one war is not enough. :roll:

Wasn't it a Republican who made it so that the dollar was no longer backed by gold? That will also lower the value of currency.

I paid more to get my driver's license renewed last month, ten dollars more. People are paying more to fill their gas tank. A gallon of milk costs more than it did in the 90s. Prices have definitely shot up.

Inflation is not a problem if you don't let your ideology override facts and logic. Inflation is a result of politicians lack of will power and engineering social policy instead of taking a hands off approach.

Democrats do not believe in science or the scientific method. They believe in staking-out an ideology and pushing predetermined outcomes for their constituency through politicized science. If scientific studies do not fit their narrative, they quash them. They believe in subsidizing failure. Climate change has nothing to do with climate change. It has to do with redistributing income. National Health Care has nothing to do with Health Care. It has to do with redistributing income. Most democrat agendas have nothing to do with their titles. They have to do with redistributing income.

The U.S. is spending money it doesn't technically have? Well, I guess you should tell all the democrats on this forum this, because they will fight you tooth and nail on that. They will say there's always more to be spent, and "we can't afford not to INVEST in _________".

Yes, Nixon did take us off the gold standard.

Iraq? Afghanistan? The YEARLY Health and Human Services budget is $1.3 Trillion today.
BlutoSays wrote:Inflation is not a problem if you don't let your ideology override facts and logic. Inflation is a result of politicians lack of will power and engineering social policy instead of taking a hands off approach.

Saying something is not a problem does not make it a non-problem. You can deny that inflation is a problem. It does not change the fact that inflation is problem. Countless publications and experts write articles about inflation. Organizations and committees discuss it and what they can do to remain firm in the face of inflation. The government has discussions and creates and enforces policies to try to remedy shrinkflation, stagflation or other variances of annoying inflation. There doesn't seem to be an easy fix. If you don't believe me, try googling inflation and let me know how much you find on the subject. You will certainly get hundreds if not thousands of pages on the subject.

Democrats do not believe in science or the scientific method. They believe in staking-out an ideology and pushing predetermined outcomes for their constituency through politicized science. If scientific studies do not fit their narrative, they quash them. They believe in subsidizing failure. Climate change has nothing to do with climate change. It has to do with redistributing income. National Health Care has nothing to do with Health Care. It has to do with redistributing income. Most democrat agendas have nothing to do with their titles. They have to do with redistributing income.

I'm not sure why you had to bring up health care. Climate change is a made up thing? So there is no such thing as food scarcity? You deny that we humans are the reason for pollution and extinction of species? Glaciers are not melting? It's all a hoax? :?:

The U.S. is spending money it doesn't technically have? Well, I guess you should tell all the democrats on this forum this, because they will fight you tooth and nail on that. They will say there's always more to be spent, and "we can't afford not to INVEST in _________".

Why don't you try to talk to them about this? Investing is a necessary part of preparing for the future. So the US borrows money. Don't you take out loans for expenses?

At least you are aware of this.

Iraq? Afghanistan? The YEARLY Health and Human Services budget is $1.3 Trillion today.

And? You want to cut the HHS budget? You have such a nice habit of trying to change the subject. :roll:
jimjam wrote:WOW! I had no idea that world economics was so simple. So, I guess, all Joe has to do is make a few phone calls and inflation will be just fine.

Far fucking out! I'm guessing you have a degree in economics from Harvard AND Yale ....... :lol:

You still keep supporting him despite his policies make you poorer. This explains why politicians like Biden don't take personal responsibility of his own policies. Instead, he blames other things for his own policy failure. He doesn't even think he owes an apology to American people for making them poorer.
BlutoSays wrote:Of course there are capitalistic and cronyism at work in the economy.

Money does influence elections.

The rich do have influence in the economy.

There is NO UNCHECKED CAPITALISM and there hasn't been any for 100 years. Got it now?

Frankly, more than 100 years. All the way back to Woodrow Wilson.

So? No one ever said it was unchecked? What is the relevance?

The regulation has not removed all crony capitalism which is quite rampant, (not that there has ever been any other Kinsd, Capitalism ike other systems is made up of people)
Last edited by pugsville on 22 May 2022 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
BlutoSays wrote:Of course the Federal Register is regulation of capitalism.

But it's hardly universally successful and effective regulation of capitalism.

Cpitalism is still a fundmental force in the ecnomy,. A lot of what happend *IS* still the effect of capitalism.
pugsville wrote:But it's hardly universally successful and effective regulation of capitalism.

Cpitalism is still a fundmental force in the ecnomy,. A lot of what happend *IS* still the effect of capitalism.

A lot of what happened *IS* still the effect of government interventions. Biden told the federal reserve to print tons of money. So the result is 40 years high inflation.

He intentionally makes you poorer.
Last edited by Istanbuller on 22 May 2022 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
BlutoSays wrote:Democrats do not believe in science or the scientific method. They believe in staking-out an ideology and pushing predetermined outcomes for their constituency through politicized science. If scientific studies do not fit their narrative, they quash them. They believe in subsidizing failure. Climate change has nothing to do with climate change. It has to do with redistributing income. National Health Care has nothing to do with Health Care. It has to do with redistributing income. Most democrat agendas have nothing to do with their titles. They have to do with redistributing income.

Do you try to be this wrong or is it natural talent?

That is the Republicans.

Climate change is an objective scientific fact, the Republicans deny it teh democrats accept it..
Istanbuller wrote:A lot of what happened *IS* still the effect of government interventions. Biden told the federal reserve to print tons of money. So the result is 40 years high inflation.

Some things yes, some things no,. Not this.

Biden has not really done anything significant.
BlutoSays wrote:Inflation is not a problem if you don't let your ideology override facts and logic. Inflation is a result of politicians lack of will power and engineering social policy instead of taking a hands off approach.

Health is a investment in the people of the country. Republicans are perfectly willing to spend money, there not much difference in the parties on the spending part. It'ss just the Democrats try more often (not always successfully, but neither side is that sucesfull ) to help improve people's lives,.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Again, there is a difference between in situ concr[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]

Safe zones are indeed not safe if Hamas takes over[…]

You don't remember he was selling presidential tr[…]