Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 249 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Independent_Srpska wrote:
life goes on normally

Kids, a month after Putin conquered Crimea; he had organised and funded fighting in the Donbass. There has been fighting there for several years.

So I guess for Mother Russia, war never stops, that's their "normal"..

And why should it, they sleep better when they slaughter civilians...
A bit OT here, some new info about what happened at Chernobyl, i take it a lot know all this, but ... "Not all was good in Russia" during the soviet régime, if some forgot that.

I am indeed perplexed who was the commanding genius who made russian soldiers dig trenches in the heavily poisoned "red forest" at Chernobyl some weeks ago. They were quickly withdrawn, but too late of course.

Last edited by Wels on 22 May 2022 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
By Wels
Wels wrote:Ukrainian troops say they destroyed a russian battalion tactical group

Rancid wrote:Isn't this old news?

This was happening after the first try to cross this river, the second one was also destroyed.
But today this is indeed old news.
Wels wrote:This was happening after the first try to cross this river, the second one was also destroyed.
But today this is indeed old news.

Oh, well, good news then.

Here are the strategic failures of Russia:

- Failed to get a legally binding agreement that NATO would back off from eastern Europe and Ukraine.
- Failed in Regime change in Ukraine.
- Failed to take Ukraine east of the Dinipro.
- Have shown the world Russia is in fact, a paper bear.
- Set it's economy back at least 10 years.
- Potential additional failure if Sweden/Finland join NATO, or even a secondary alliance if Turkey cock blocks
- Regardless of outcomes, Russia will come out of this weaker.
- Encouraged Western Europe to re-militarize.

Only potential successes for them at the moment:
- Taking Donbas
- Crimea land bridge
Rancid wrote:Set it's economy back at least 10 years.

I think its a nit premature to say this and of course Russia currently controls the water bridge as well as the land bridge to Crimea, but overall a pretty fair assessment. I think we can say at this point with some level cautious optimism that Putin is not Hitler. Putin's been in power for over 20 years now, his achievements in terms of expansionism are nothing compared to Hitler. Hitler was the leader of the most expansionist power at the time, but he was also in alliance with the second and fourth most expansionist powers.

Russia is a nuclear power and this makes it a a very difficult problem. But China and Pakistan are nuclear powers and both probably greater longer term threats. Call me a Cultural Marxist, White- hating "person of color" supremacist, but I actually think that control of Taiwan and South Korea are way more important for us than control of the Donbas. We also have North Korea as a nuclear power and Iran that might become one soon. And then we have the other non nuclear enemy nations, the Saudis, the Turks and the UAE. And potentially in the future all of the North African coast.

Putin is Hitler is a very dangerous form of narcissism for the West to engage in at the moment.
By Wels
Rich wrote: I think we can say at this point with some level cautious optimism that Putin is not Hitler. Putin's been in power for over 20 years now, his achievements in terms of expansionism are nothing compared to Hitler.

Hitler had 12 years from 1933 to 1945, so yes from this there is a difference (ahem).
Before the war with France and Russia the regions invaded were also "liberated" in Hitler's own words, since there were those poor suppressed german-speaking minorities living in those regions, who urgently called for help ahem.
Same use of pretext for invading, though the latter was not necessary in Austria though, this was rather an "Anschluss" since Hitler was austrian.
Russia expected to get the whole of Ukraine for Christmas 2016, in this regard the war is going on for 7-8 years by now.
I actually think that control of Taiwan and South Korea are way more important for us than control of the Donbas.

Why not let Ukraine decide that? It was not them who attacked and it is their country.
:lol: Take your russian whataboutism and shove it up your behind.
Independent_Srpska wrote:Comparing Hitler and Putin is madness. Complete shameless madness.

Is it?

"Russia's attack on Ukraine has apparently been joined by numerous Russian right-wing extremists and neo-Nazis. This is reported by "Der Spiegel" with reference to a confidential report of the Federal Intelligence Service (BND). According to the report, the seven-page document was sent to several federal ministries last week.

According to the BND, the "Russian Imperial League" and the "Rusich" group are at least "two groups with right-wing extremist sentiments" fighting against the Ukrainian army. In addition, the Russian government uses at least one right-wing extremist "individual" for its purposes, "Spiegel" further quotes from the report. The cooperation with these groups "reduces the ostensible reason for war, the so-called 'denazification' of Ukraine, to absurdity," write the analysts of the German foreign intelligence service.

The document does not specify the number of right-wing extremist fighters. However, the BND report names groups and units.

According to the report, the "Russian Imperial Legion" (RIL), the paramilitary arm of the far-right Russian Imperial Movements, has already intervened in the fighting. The group had already fought on the Russian side in the Ukrainian Donbass in 2014 and 2015.

Just one day after the Russian attack on Ukraine on Feb. 24, RIL leader Denis Garieev had written on Telegram: "Without a doubt, we advocate the liquidation of the separatist entity Ukraine." Soon after, the RIL had decided to fight in Ukraine. According to the BND document, fighters with military experience and graduates of the organization's own training center "Partizan" in St. Petersburg were recruited for this purpose. It is unclear "whether this decision was made at the request of or in consultation with the Russian leadership," the BND report says. According to the information, Gariev's deputy died in fighting in Ukraine. Gariev himself was flown out injured, it said, and at least two other right-wingers were seriously wounded.
Swastika flag and Hitler salute at campfire

The "Rusich" group is also believed to have been involved in the fighting on Ukrainian territory since early April at the latest. In many places, it is attributed to the notorious Russian mercenary force Wagner and was also already in action in the Donbass in 2014 and 2015. According to the BND, "Rusich" was "known for particular brutality" at the time. The group had a reputation for "never taking prisoners." One of the two "Rusich" founders was considered a sadist. "

Translated by DeepL

Add the antisemitic Nazi mercenaries of the russian "Wagner group" and you get the picture.

Under Putin, the word “fascist” (or “Nazi”) just means “my chosen enemy, who is to be eliminated.”
Last edited by Wels on 23 May 2022 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
Wels wrote::lol: Take your russian whataboutism and shove it up your behind.

No, mate, take your transfer of your own (western) fascism up your behind.
By Wels
"Soviet usage lacked a clear notion of what fascism is. In the 1930s, Stalinism went back and forth on whether or not fascism was a bad thing.

As a result, fascism in Soviet usage never had any very clear content. This was especially apparent after 1939, when Soviet newspapers reprinted speeches by Nazi leaders. In 1939, Stalin sealed a de facto alliance with Hitler, which meant that fascism became praiseworthy in the official Soviet public sphere. This act of collaboration was the most important of the Second World War, since it allowed it to begin. (Speaking of any of this in Russia today is a criminal act.)

In 1941, Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union, and so fascism became the enemy of the Soviet Union. But what was chiefly wrong with fascism was the invasion itself. Fascism was never really defined. It was simply the creed of the outsider."
JohnRawls wrote:Nuclear war benefits Patrickov because he believes it will destroy the CCP and China so HK can be free.

That's childish. I fully acknowledge that nuclear war is bad and I almost certainly will be killed in the blast or resulting famine. But if it takes this to ensure the wrongdoers are to be punished so be it.
Patrickov wrote:That's childish. I fully acknowledge that nuclear war is bad and I almost certainly will be killed in the blast or resulting famine. But if it takes this to ensure the wrongdoers are to be punished so be it.

So, we only need to nuke Pentagon and NATO HQ. Not bad idea. 8)
Independent_Srpska wrote:So, we only need to nuke Pentagon and NATO HQ. Not bad idea. 8)

Those are very low on the "who I think should die" list, if at all.

You, on the contrary...
By Wels
Ah Kaydyrov. What can i say.. another nice fellow of this great region to live in. I can fully understand why the world would wish to have this beloved fellow as a leader :)
By Rancid
Wels wrote:Ah Kaydyrov. What can i say.. another nice fellow of this great region to live in. I can fully understand why the world would wish to have this beloved fellow as a leader :)

Have you seen the videos of what buffoons those chechen fighters are. :lol: They fight like they think they are playing call of duty.

They are more obsessed with using social media than tactics. This is why they are called the tiktok battalion.

Bunch of fucking morons.

Fuck putin, and fuck our Putin dick suckers on this thread.

What interests are those? Helping Ukraine to de[…]

@wat0n Your obsession with sexual violence is[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]