Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 250 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

User avatar
By Rancid
#15229097
Russia is intentionally trying to starve other nations by blocking ports. Bunch of fucking monsters.

Also, the fake installed mayor of Energodar was almost killed in a blast. What a shame.

More of these Russian orcs need to die.
#15229099
Patrickov wrote:Those are very low on the "who I think should die" list, if at all.

You, on the contrary...


Oh, c'mon you can't be that blind, brainwashed and limited?!

Or can you? :eek:
#15229101
Wels wrote:Russian diplomat in Switzerland says he resigns over Ukraine invasion

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/russia-u ... 5d4d7a158a


Brave man.

We need more like these on all sides

I hope he doesn't end up like the one from the Ukrainian negotiation team from the beginning.

Or harassed by authorities like Assange .

Special LOL at this:"and the U.S., the U.K. and the EU should lead the free world in creating..."

The part of the world that cancels Tchaikovsky, nouns that mention Russia, that harrases sportsmen, lovers and daughters can only lead feces through a sewage system.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229105
Russian state media is now starting to float the idea that "Russia just needs to take what it can get and call it a victory." They seem to be pivoting away from the Nazis, NATO, total take over, etc. etc.

It would be create to see this be a total failure for Russia, but we shall see.
#15229117
Something is seriously wrong with our western partners.
Pushing luck on all important fronts that might lead to serious conflicts.

User avatar
By ingliz
#15229118
Rancid wrote:a total failure for Russia

I wouldn't call achieving all their aims (land corridor, water supply to Crimea, and the Donbas) and controlling 70,000 sq. miles of Ukrainian territory a total failure for Russia.

As the Rolling Stones sang, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need."


:lol:
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229119
ingliz wrote:I wouldn't call achieving all their aims (land corridor, water supply to Crimea, and the Donbas) and controlling 70,000 sq. miles of Ukrainian territory a total failure for Russia.

As the Rolling Stones sang, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need."


:lol:


Maybe you should have read the whole statement you quoted. ;)

"It would be create to see this be a total failure for Russia, but we shall see."

create = great (typo)

My statement wasn't claiming this is a total failure for Russia. More like wishing it ends up being a total failure.
#15229125
Rancid wrote:Maybe you should have read the whole statement you quoted. ;)

"It would be create to see this be a total failure for Russia, but we shall see."

create = great (typo)

My statement wasn't claiming this is a total failure for Russia. More like wishing it ends up being a total failure.


Deterring NATO from Ukraine is the only thing that matters on the big picture.
#15229126
Independent_Srpska wrote:Deterring NATO from Ukraine is the only thing that matters on the big picture.


NATO was questioned as an outdated system by many in Europe before this. This has become the greatest NATO victory of this century. Members that are already in are screaming for more spending and engagement, countries that are not are pounding on the door. That NATO includes Turkey, who most of Western Europe saw as a far greater threat than Russia over the past 20 years, is now being forgotten as right-wing politicians are actively changing the narrative to Ankara's geopolitical narrative.

What a fucking travesty our world is.
#15229127
ingliz wrote:I wouldn't call achieving all their aims (land corridor, water supply to Crimea, and the Donbas) and controlling 70,000 sq. miles of Ukrainian territory a total failure for Russia.

It's a strategic failure, though, with some tactical success. Typical Putin, I'd say, but what should be expected from a lieutenant colonel anyway? He's not exactly a chess player. :lol:
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229128
Beren wrote:It's a strategic failure, though, with some tactical success. Typical Putin, I'd say, but what should be expected from a lieutenant colonel anyway? He's not exactly a chess player. :lol:


I wonder if people are still claiming he's playing 4d chess still. :lol:
User avatar
By Beren
#15229131
Rancid wrote:I wonder if people are still claiming he's playing 4d chess still. :lol:

He's doing judo, which is his thing actually. You either win with one sudden throw or you retreat, go on defence and maybe try again later.
User avatar
By Wels
#15229133
"20 countries have announced new security assistance packages for Ukraine during a virtual meeting with allies on Monday that was aimed at coordinating arms for Kyiv.
The countries that announced new packages included Italy, Denmark, Greece, Norway and Poland, following a meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group. Denmark would provide a harpoon launcher and missiles to defend Ukraine's coast."


To defend Ukraine's coast.. this coast is not very long aymore. And too late for Odessa i fear.
Russia can try from Transnistria, from the east and from the south by naval support.
User avatar
By Beren
#15229136
Wels wrote:To defend Ukraine's coast.. this coast is not very long aymore. And too late for Odessa i fear. Russia can try from Transnistria, from the east and from the south by naval support.

They can't try it from Transnistria alone and they're digging in all along the frontline except for the Donbas, where they're crawling like a snail. They blockade Odessa from the sea rather than take it.
User avatar
By Wels
#15229140
I am not so sure, i think Russia will lay waste to Odessa as it did to Mariupol if it can, they have the Kilo subs with kalibr missiles, and the Admiral Makarov frigate with enough range to not risk them near the coast.
But then, as someone wrote "Russia's new flagship warship Admiral Makarov is leaving Sevastopol for Odesa on a "Special Operation" to determine how well it interacts with the ocean floor."

I have no idea why Russia does what it does, shelling and bombing cities and industry; if they want to keep it all they will have to rebuild it all. If they are not being thrown out in the next months, that is.
User avatar
By Beren
#15229145
Wels wrote:I am not so sure, i think Russia will lay waste to Odessa as it did to Mariupol if it can, they have the Kilo subs with kalibr missiles, and the Admiral Makarov frigate with enough range to not risk them near the coast.

But they don't have the means necessary on land, especially people, that's what their army is good for at the moment and I don't think Putin will sacrifice significantly more resources for this. It's not the goals determining the amount of resources they use, it's the allotted amount of resources determining the goals. So they only have the navy for Odessa, the Black Sea Fleet namely, with which they can blockade it.

Wels wrote:I have no idea why Russia does what it does, shelling and bombing cities and industry; if they want to keep it all they will have to rebuild it all.

If they keep it, it'll only be a buffer zone and a land bridge anyway. Right now Putin only means to secure Crimea, the Donbas, and the southern flank of Russia, the rest doesn't really matter to him.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229146
Wels wrote:I have no idea why Russia does what it does, shelling and bombing cities and industry; if they want to keep it all they will have to rebuild it all. If they are not being thrown out in the next months, that is.


At this point, it's about Putin's fear of being seen as a failure domestically.
#15229147
Wels wrote:I am not so sure, i think Russia will lay waste to Odessa as it did to Mariupol if it can, they have the Kilo subs with kalibr missiles, and the Admiral Makarov frigate with enough range to not risk them near the coast.
But then, as someone wrote "Russia's new flagship warship Admiral Makarov is leaving Sevastopol for Odesa on a "Special Operation" to determine how well it interacts with the ocean floor."

I have no idea why Russia does what it does, shelling and bombing cities and industry; if they want to keep it all they will have to rebuild it all. If they are not being thrown out in the next months, that is.


Transnistria force is miniscule compared to what is already going on so taking Odessa without landing more forces there is impossible but landing more forces there means a logistics nightmware even worse than under Kiev so that is not happening.

Odessa is not within MLRS firing range so at best, they can shoot cruise missiles from time to time which they are almost out of anyways. So Odessa will be fine. Mykolaev and Kharkov are also more or less outside the MLRS and artilery range nowadays so if you wanna artilery strike them then technically you can but will probably be counter fired at so Russians are not doing it almost at all anymore.

So some Patriot missiles can solve the missile threat mostly.
  • 1
  • 248
  • 249
  • 250
  • 251
  • 252
  • 311

The Ministry for the Future has some MMT lessons[…]

There is virtually no thinking involved. It's jus[…]

Krugman on Putin

Our brains have been fried by propaganda in ways […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I have always been against mass rapes. They just […]