Take a look what a false rape accusation can be do - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15229025
60 Minutes Australia had a special on this: Innocent man sent to jail for rape by his own fiancé



Should we always be so quick to automatically believe women, without any doubts or questions whatsoever?

A New South Wales woman, Sarah-Jane Parkinson, accused her boyfriend, Dan Jones, of rape and then tried to set things up to make it look like he was violating the restraining order and was abusing her. She was having an affair with another man, and when the current boyfriend threatened to leave her, she wanted to send her former boyfriend off to jail so she could take over the house and live with her new boyfriend.
The innocent man spent 5 months in a maximum security prison, before a detective was able to piece things together and determine that the woman had been lying.

False accusers usually only receive a small fraction of the prison sentence that the accused man would have gotten.

The woman ended up only being sentenced to 3 years and 1 month (and likely only 2 of those years will actually be behind bars).

He would have likely been sentenced to 15-17 years, based on what she accused him of.
(Maybe less than that if he had been willing to plead guilty and accept a plea bargain)

Something else to realize, these scenarios where they actually discover the accuser was lying are incredibly rare. Usually the man gets convicted and sent to prison and that's the end of it.

Just to help illustrate this, this was a reply that was posted in the comment section on a blog about the story in the above video:

posted by John
April 11, 2019

I have this exact story in my life. I know there must be many of us. I don't know why I haven't suicided. I should have I know. Growing old having been branded as scum by everyone who knows me or was once my friend is hard to live with.
I didn't have parents like Daniel. They had no resources. I used up all my super and savings and still lost.... there was no detective Sargent saviour in my story.
I went to prison in maximum too. Rubbing shoulders with murderers and killers beyond comprehension.
My children raised by a wife who removed me from their lives. Building a narrative about their father the monster. 12 years ago.
My children don't contact me, won't reply me. I’m dead to them. They have well and truly been washed clean of me as their father.
All this, because I caught my wife locking our little bubba 4yrold outside while she routinely ****ed a family "friend".
Discovering that scenario was my greatest mistake.
It emptied and ended my life.
I was a highly respected schoolteacher and my life ended in a flash.
I know I must not be the only one. There must be many of us.
For those who want to think this is bullshit. I can say only one thing. I am 100% the loser and I have no hope of redemption such is the gravity of my loss. I can’t get those years back. I can't get my life back. It's gone, and I have utterly, no reason to make up anything. I have lost everything but my life and the story that no doubt will die with me. But I must keep good company with history, as so many gone before have not had justice either.
Released from prison into a society that measures me as a pure monster. I have no money, no home, no friends bar one who stuck by me thru the long years of disbelief.
I have nothing left as I come out into a world that doesn't need truth. It just needs winners and losers. I fully accept I am the loser. I lost because I am male. I lost because I unswervingly believed that truth would win. But I was an innocent in those days. I believed justice actually existed. That stupidity alone is enough to make my failure warranted. I deserved to fail as a father and husband.
Daniel Jones and his family should not be pitied. He and they are the very lucky ones. I can only dream that I could have been so lucky. They are blessed. They can rebuild. I wish I was them.
But I'm not so lucky.
I'm pretty sad that my kids won't ever know me. That’s a tragedy, but it’s an event my ex wife can never allow.
I know it won't happen. I know my time is short anyhow. Coming out and seeing them has kept me going all these years.
But now I'm out, finding that they want no contact has frayed the last tether I had on life.
I'm truly lost now.
I play with the idea of writing a story about what happened and how justice found a home in the darkness of a woman's welcomed and coddled lies. But I think it’s too painful and for what reason would I write it? I'm having trouble seeing the answer to that one.
There must be tens of thousands of us losers. It’s good to see Daniel Jones spring free from the pit that exists there for all men.​

She must be believed? | Wrongful Convictions Report
https://wrongfulconvictionsreport.org/2 ... -believed/

There are still those who naively believe men don't get convicted based on only the testimony of the alleged victim.
I believe this story does demonstrate that does happen.
#15229033
You're so concerned with men being falsely accused but have no care whatsoever for the vast majority of women who actually are raped and get off because of this attitude that most charges are false.

Myths vs facts
There are lots of myths about rape, sexual assault, sexual abuse and other types of sexual violence that cause serious harm. At Rape Crisis, we work to shatter these myths, and help victims and survivors get the support they need and deserve.

MYTH #5

It’s not rape if it's your wife or girlfriend.
Fact: Rape is always rape. If someone wants to take part in any kind of sexual activity with another person then they must get their consent. Every. Single. Time. It doesn’t matter if they’ve been married to the other person for 50 years – if the other person doesn’t consent, it’s rape. And it's illegal.

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-informed/ ... realities/


What about this @Puffer Fish, you lowlife?

Unacknowledged rape: the sexual assault survivors who hide their trauma – even from themselves
Surveys suggest a large proportion of women have experienced sexual assaults that they labelled as a misunderstanding. This has serious psychological repercussions and increases the chance of being victimised again
https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... themselves


Guys, you can stop worrying about false rape allegations. They’re extremely rare
https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs ... s/13281852


Yeah, but sure, worry about a very tiny number of men falsely accused, when the vast majority of cases are absolutely real and valid. Keep pushing your rapist agenda, you scumbag rapist.
#15229139
Woman says she's 'racked with guilt' for getting her husband sent back to prison

Sue says that in 2019, her husband, Tim, was sent back to prison for a probation violation after she filed a police report and testified in court that he had struck her. More than three years later, Sue claims it was all a lie, and Tim never laid a finger on her. She claims that, at the time, she was angry because she believed Tim was cheating on her. "I wrote up a bogus statement that he had struck me and left bruises on my body," says Sue. "During his violation of probation hearing, I testified and told my lies again. The judge sent him back to prison until 2024."

Dr. Phil, May 23, 2022

(This site will not let me post the link but you can find the video online, where Dr. Phil is interviewing the couple)
#15229144
I don't even understand women who can lie like that on their husbands or boyfriends. But the truth is many many women are raped and never speak out. They are afraid of humiliation, shame, and fear.

Also, these lying people come in both sexes. Men and women.
#15229152
Godstud wrote:Guys, you can stop worrying about false rape allegations. They’re extremely rare

How would we even really know? Most men who are wrongfully accused of rape and criminally charged are never proven to be innocent.

Has any survey ever been done of men who were sent to prison based on the word of a woman whether they actually did it or not?
(I'm of course being facetious, that is a rhetorical question)
#15229167
Puffer Fish wrote:I'd like to know the last time a husband or boyfriend accused his wife or girlfriend of rape and got the girlfriend sent to prison.

We all know there are some double standards here.


Women are sent all the time to prison over some crazy teacher who is 30 years old or more and the kid is 15 or something and she does get sexually aggressive with him. There are women like that. Or women bosses who like some young man and get aggressive.

At work, I did have a lesbian woman throw some passes and get weird. But these things happen. Sexual harassment is a reality in the workplace. Rape by a woman towards a man? Is not that common. But many men do wind up saying no to women who want sex but are not attracted to her. That happens.

It can get kind of strange. I have an older son that is very handsome and athletic. He has issues with women and so on...sometimes. I witnessed it here.

I think the not very good-looking men have less of an issue. The good-looking ones? Very very handsome men? I am sure they got the problem of aggressive women. Other men who are kind of plain-looking men and not very handsome have a lot of problems even approaching women. Ted Bundy was a handsome dude. Many women thought him handsome. The dude was a serial killer. But because of his facade, they fell for his trap.

I remember serving Ricky Martin in a restaurant a long time ago. The man is HANDSOME in the extreme. I do see women throwing themselves at the dude. But the average men out there? Not really.
#15229177
Puffer Fish wrote:How would we even really know? Most men who are wrongfully accused of rape and criminally charged are never proven to be innocent.
Read it, as that was the title of the article you were responding to. Your claims are bullshit, and you know it. You're just another rapist wanting justification for feeling victimized.

Puffer Fish wrote:Has any survey ever been done of men who were sent to prison based on the word of a woman whether they actually did it or not? (I'm of course being facetious, that is a rhetorical question)
Yes, it's also a very STUPID rhetorical question, as moist people sent to prison claim innocence.

Why don't you take a survey of women who have been raped and where the man was not charged and woman was not believed? I guess not since you'd not like the results of that poll, as it'd dwarf the imagined one you created.

Puffer Fish wrote:I'd like to know the last time a husband or boyfriend accused his wife or girlfriend of rape and got the girlfriend sent to prison.
:roll: It's exceedingly rare, given how biology works.

2005
Woman jailed for raping man
A 23-year-old Norwegian woman was sentenced to nine months in prison yesterday after she was convicted of raping a man.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/apr/28/2

As for double standards.... It's a fact that men commit more violent crimes, including sexual assault. That's simply reality, whether you want to believe it, or not.

One in five women and one in 71 men will be raped
at some point in their lives.

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/fil ... ence_0.pdf

Your arguments are pathetic, ill-thought out, illogical and extremely emotional. You want to make men the victims, even when it's quite obvious that they are not. You're just another misogynist Incel.
Last edited by Godstud on 24 May 2022 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
#15229188
Puffer Fish wrote:How would we even really know? Most men who are wrongfully accused of rape and criminally charged are never proven to be innocent.

Has any survey ever been done of men who were sent to prison based on the word of a woman whether they actually did it or not?
(I'm of course being facetious, that is a rhetorical question)


And how do you know they were wrongfully accused with evidence that they were?
#15229640
Woman says she's 'racked with guilt' for getting her husband sent back to prison

Sue says that in 2019, her husband, Tim, was sent back to prison for a probation violation after she filed a police report and testified in court that he had struck her. More than three years later, Sue claims it was all a lie, and Tim never laid a finger on her. She claims that, at the time, she was angry because she believed Tim was cheating on her. "I wrote up a bogus statement that he had struck me and left bruises on my body," says Sue. "During his violation of probation hearing, I testified and told my lies again. The judge sent him back to prison until 2024."

Dr. Phil, May 23, 2022

(you can find the video online, where Dr. Phil is interviewing the couple)
#15229641
This is from the 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica entry on "rape" -

"The essential facts to be proven in order to constitute this crime are the same as in England, but in many of the states the uncorroborated evidence of the woman is sufficient to sustain a conviction. This is so in California, Arizona, Idaho, Missouri, Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, Oklahoma, &c. [1904; Brenton v. Territory, 78 Pac. Rep. 83]. In New York corroboration is required [Penal Code §283]."

It sounds like at that time, different US states had different laws about whether additional evidence was required beyond just the woman's accusation.
#15229646
@Puffer Fish You pick the exception and pretend it's the rule. You arguments are overly emotional, disingenuous, and only demonstrate your support for marital rape.

Fake rape accusations are rare.

Rapes are not.
#15229660
@wat0n Rape convictions assume the same level of guilt as any other crime. To say otherwise is to be disingenuous.

There are always cases with other crimes that have similar shitty outcomes. People going to jail for something they didn't do, isn't new, and not limited to the crime of rape.

This isn't the norm, but Puffer Fish would like you to think so, because he wants to pretend that MEN are the victims, and not the women that are raped. He's a rape advocate. Don't be like him.
#15231833
Godstud wrote:2005
Woman jailed for raping man
A 23-year-old Norwegian woman was sentenced to nine months in prison yesterday after she was convicted of raping a man.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/apr/28/2

Posting that article is not helping your argument. For anyone who bothered to read that article it says "in what local news media says is the first case of its kind in Norway." In other words, there has apparently only ever in recent memory been ONE case of a woman prosecuted for raping a man in that country.

It also says she was sentenced to NINE MONTHS in prison.

When was the last time a man was sentenced to only nine months for raping a woman?
#15231855
Puffer Fish wrote:Posting that article is not helping your argument. For anyone who bothered to read that article it says "in what local news media says is the first case of its kind in Norway." In other words, there has apparently only ever in recent memory been ONE case of a woman prosecuted for raping a man in that country.
Yes, men are rarely victims of rape. I did not say otherwise.

I could find you a great many cases of adult women victimizing younger teens, however. This is not as uncommon and still rape:

Cops: Woman raped boy, 13, she met online
A 36-year-old California woman has been arrested on suspicion of child molestation and rape for allegedly flying across the country to have sex with a 13-year-old boy she befriended online, authorities said Friday.
https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna40972825

US woman, caught raping 14-year-old, now pregnant with boy's child
A US woman who was caught raping a 14-year-old boy is said to be pregnant with the boy's child.
https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/u ... 2021-03-06

Then again, you are a pro-rape advocate, so I don't really fucking care what you think. Your beliefs are abhorrent, immoral, and irrelevant. You are just an Incel asshole who thinks he's a victim.

[quote="ckaihatsu"][/quote] Do you ever […]

@wat0n How do you see it working here? I do[…]

I see. You misunderstood which text I wanted you[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I could see Belorussian incompetence resulting in […]