Is Biden the laughing stock of other countries, like he is here in the US? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Scamp wrote:Every day we see him make stupid gaffes on TV such as mistaking Russia for Ukraine and vice versa. Calling Ukrainians Iranians etc.
The jokes and memes making him look stupid that we see here, are endless. Funny and pitiful at the same time.

Still better than Trump, the true laughing stock.

The last 2 GOP presidents were George Dubya and Trump. This is the best and brightest the GOP have to offer.
Scamp wrote:Every day we see him make stupid gaffes on TV such as mistaking Russia for Ukraine and vice versa. Calling Ukrainians Iranians etc.
The jokes and memes making him look stupid that we see here, are endless. Funny and pitiful at the same time.

Well you are in the trump cult bubble which has never been known for it's factual accuracy. I read media world wide and the overwhelming opinion appears to be one of great relief that Fatso is gone and America has someone in charge who is rational and can be trusted.

OH! BTW ....... have you heard that Biden stole the election from Fatso. How do I know? Trump told me 2387 times :lol: .......... Your boy Donald is getting REALLY boring in his old age. :lol:
Last edited by jimjam on 25 May 2022 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
Those who hate Trump overestimated him, but those thinking he's a laughing stock underestimates him and the likes of BlutoSays and Scamp.

That said, Scamp is underestimating Biden too. The more he tries to mock Biden, the more they will suffer when the Democrats find it necessary to go after every single Republican / Trump supporter.

To me, no politician managing to be on the front is a laughing stock.
If I hate a political figure, it's more likely that the person, or the power he represents, is dangerous to me and I genuinely fear that person / force.
Patrickov wrote:Those who hate Trump overestimated him, but those thinking he's a laughing stock underestimates him and the likes of BlutoSays and Scamp.

That said, Scamp is underestimating Biden too. The more he tries to mock Biden, the more they will suffer when the Democrats find it necessary to go after every single Republican / Trump supporter.

To me, no politician managing to be on the front is a laughing stock.
If I hate a political figure, it's more likely that the person, or the power he represents, is dangerous to me and I genuinely fear that person / force.

" The more he tries to mock Biden, the more they will suffer when the Democrats find it necessary to go after every single Republican / Trump supporter."

You mean democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) didn't do that for the entirety of the Trump campaign and presidency? You think democrats need a reason to do what they do naturally (attack for power)?

Get real, bud. Remember, Trump was WILDLY popular running up to his announcement to run for president. You don't go several years on The Apprentice without being well liked. Network ratings are linked to how well personalities are liked.

I think you have forgotten a lot of what went on in the past. Time to look back at reality.
BlutoSays wrote:uFrom Carter losing it in 1980 to Clinton gaining it back in 1992 was 12 years. ...

The commercial media did everything it could to protect Carter and Clinton from being laughed at.

Jimmy Carter - an engineer who believes in Rapture - deserved some chuckles.

Bill Clinton - the shallow grifter - was a tragedy of inept leadership and blatant racketeering.

Obama gave the USA an African TV-character to feel good about - as his regime bombed half the world and targeted non-criminals for assasination.
BlutoSays wrote:"The more he tries to mock Biden, the more they will suffer when the Democrats find it necessary to go after every single Republican / Trump supporter."

You mean democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) didn't do that for the entirety of the Trump campaign and presidency? You think democrats need a reason to do what they do naturally (attack for power)?

That attack won't work if Trump does not have flaws that make people blame him for the perils they face.
Just like how China's attack on the "conspiracies" of United States doesn't work because China does perform much worse than the West in terms of political reliability, freedom, etc.

Conversely, do you genuinely think the Republicans don't attack for power?
If you only judge the two parties along that dimension, then I'd say no one is better than the other.

I merely think certain (progressive) ideology from the Democrats enabled Russian and / or Chinese hegemony.

BlutoSays wrote:Get real, bud. Remember, Trump was WILDLY popular running up to his announcement to run for president. You don't go several years on The Apprentice without being well liked. Network ratings are linked to how well personalities are liked.

I think you have forgotten a lot of what went on in the past. Time to look back at reality.

Trump, of course, knew what's happening and deserved his rise.
But after all he just represents a force, just like what Biden is now.

P.S.
Many people here believe "leadership" is an all-encompassing power, which is why both groups of you debate on Trump or Biden so fiercely up to this day.
Conversely, I only see it as powerful as it could be. And in today's United States, that power is not as much as both groups of you believe.

Neither Trump nor Biden can do everything they think important. That's the reality.
QatzelOk wrote:The commercial media did everything it could to protect Carter and Clinton from being laughed at.

Different from what I observe -- many laugh at or even hate the Clintons.

Why do you think Trump would have won against Hillary Clinton in the first place?

Carter was stopped before he could have done more "damage".

Trump would be comparable to him, or Hoover if his personality is closer to them.

In any case, He would be the most interesting president in the eyes of people 100 years later, and with the presidency changing hands more frequently these days, he's probably safe from being seen as a James Buchanan or worse.
Patrickov wrote:Carter was stopped before he could have done more "damage".

How do dummies like Jimmy Carter even get nominated?

He was an engineer president who "believes in revelations."

So, as president, a lot of his thinking was along the lines of "how can the United States use technology to eradicate evil?"

Evil = medieval magical thinking

20th Century Engineering = Nuclear Age technology

Combination of the two = Dr. Strangelove

Biden is a combination of Railroad Baron-level racketeering and Woke soundbites. Yikes.
My ability to laugh about a nuclear superpower is very limited, basically nonexistent.

Yes, Joe Biden is a (very unfunny) "joke", and so is Kamala Harris. But this only means we dont actually know who is actually leading the USA. Humorous this is not. Especially because whoever is actually in control is definitely not very bright.

This is a very dangerous situation. For example Bidens public calls for regime change in Russia are a very direct call for world war III. This is just chilling.

When George W. Bush jr was in power, well, everybody knew he was stupid, but at least we knew vice president Dick Chenney was the actual guy who kept things in control. So there was still someone with an idea about how the world works in the background, even if Bush jr himself is really just an ex-drunkard with an ability to make people like him, not somebody who actually understands much of anything. Yes it was an utterly evil intelligence at work, one that officially legalized torture (the CIA of course has tortured people at least since the 1960s, but never before or after with official permission by the president), started multiple wars of aggression, and started the drone murders. But it was still an intelligence. That is now not there.

Really any US president of the past would have the ukrainian conflict under better control than Biden. Biden is creating the maximum crisis out of it. Not for Russia, as intented, but for the west.

The sanctions against Russia mainly hit developing countries, then the west, but now hardly damage Russia. We're facing a widespread famine in the developing countries in the coming months, because Russia is blocked from selling their fertilizer to developing countries. This is also a problem for the population of the USA, because the vast majority of people cannot handle exploding food prices either.

And Russia seems to be winning in Ukraine, despite all efforts by the USA. Obama in his days has warned against exactly this, and given good reasons why it cant work. Reasons which turn out to be true now, because the weapons the USA sends to Ukraine seem to magically "vanish". Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe and has the highest corruption levels, so this is hardly surprising.

Kamala Harris qualifications are exactly 1. she's black and 2. she's a woman. She is not actually a competent politician though. She cannot answer hard questions. She tries to laugh them away. Not funny either. She clearly has no business being in politics.
We know who is leading the USA. It's the names you hear much less often. Not the cabinet idiots or Mayorkas or Granholm.

Those running the exec branch are

Ron Klain
Jake Sullivan
Susan Rice
Valerie Jarratt
Barack Obama
Raphael Warnock (influencer)
Stacy Abrams (influencer)

and a few other retreads.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Still better than Trump, the true laughing stock.

That the USA's two-party system is headed by laughing stocks (who pick nuclear wars with other countries)...

What does this say about the lack of political sophistication of Americans themselves?

(And by the way, Canada is no better in this regard of "choosing between talentless syncophants")

Negotiator wrote:My ability to laugh about a nuclear superpower is very limited, basically nonexistent.

Yes, Joe Biden is a (very unfunny) "joke", and so is Kamala Harris. But this only means we dont actually know who is actually leading the USA. Humorous this is not. ...

Reminder of the Biden administration...

You can laugh about Trump. He's funny and he's stupid and he doesnt know how to get things done.

Nobody is laughing about Biden. Yes he's probably stupid, especially now with dementia, but he's not funny and he knows how to get things done.

- Biden is one of the authors of the Crime Bill (1994) who doubled the US prison population

- Biden loudly supported the wars of aggression against Iraq and Afghanistan

- Biden was vice president when Obama bombed Lybia back into the stone age, started occupying Syria, and helped Saudi Arabia with their genocidal war against Jemen.

- Biden specifically was overviewing the coup in Ukraine and got a "cool" high income job for his drug addict son Hunter in that country. A job Hunter had no qualifications for, and he cant speak russian or ukrainian either.

- Even right now the USA is occupying a third of Syria, blocking the syrians access to their agricultural areas and their oil.

- The USA even has own soldiers in Jemen now, helping Saudi Arabia with their genocidal war again.

- The USA keeps bombing various african countries, too.

- Aside from the already very bloody proxy war in Ukraine against Russia, they now try to start a proxy war in Taiwan against China, too. I hope they fail with the later. One such murderous blood bath is really enough. But the separatists are in power in Taiwan and this might end really badly.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]