Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 253 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15229345
JohnRawls wrote:It is a sign of Russian reserve not being there, so they have to recruit retired personal for active duty. Plane pilots are long to train and they are not necessarily "real" pilots just after graduation.

As I said, the longer this goes on, the better Ukraine situation will become.

I am not sure what Russia is hoping for right now, if Ukraine doesn't negotiate then the war is lost. The worst thing that will happen to Russia out of all of this is that it will be a country without an army at this point lets say in a year if it drags for so long.


This is nice... always look at the bright side of life...it is important to interpret reality in a way that wouldn't hurt your firm hopes :cheers:
Image
#15229350
If anyone wants to understand why and what the EU is doing and what it is doing now.
Sanctions do not work fast enough, sending weapons do.

This speech of Guy Verhofstadt did take place a month ago. I hope there's enough underway.

#15229353
Independent_Srpska wrote:This is nice... always look at the bright side of life...it is important to interpret reality in a way that wouldn't hurt your firm hopes :cheers:
Image


So what are your hopes now? Lets pretend that Russia does get a surround in that small pocket and trap around 5-10k UA soldiers there. What next? Does it end the war? Well not really. Does it change anything in the greater strategic scheme of things? Not really also. Will those 5-10k will even surrender? Probably not since this will be a very narrow encirclement if it happens and its almost june. At some point in June or July Ukraine will attempt a counter offensive and just free those troops. The difference is that it is not really a very good place for that so at best it just delays Ukraine long term victory.
#15229355
Putin suddenly dies and goes straight to hell.

However since he behaves and conducts well according to hell's standards he is allowed a leave for a day.
So Putin goes to Moscow, visits a bar and orders a Vodka-Shot. He asks the waiter how things are going on earth.
"Is the Krim ours? "
"It is ours." says the waiter.
Putin: "And Donbas and Kyev?"
Waiter: "Ours."
Putin: "Perfect. How much is it?"
Waiter: "5 Euros."
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229358
JohnRawls wrote:So what are your hopes now? Lets pretend that Russia does get a surround in that small pocket and trap around 5-10k UA soldiers there. What next? Does it end the war? Well not really. Does it change anything in the greater strategic scheme of things? Not really also. Will those 5-10k will even surrender? Probably not since this will be a very narrow encirclement if it happens and its almost june. At some point in June or July Ukraine will attempt a counter offensive and just free those troops. The difference is that it is not really a very good place for that so at best it just delays Ukraine long term victory.


This encirclement (if it happens) is a tactical victory, not even operational, and certainly not strategic. Yet, they will celebrate it as a strategic win, even though it's not. The Putin dick suckers are probably too stupid to understand this.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229359
The Russian orcs bombed a nitric acid facility. However, the wind blows towards Russia. :lol:

They are also pulling out old T-62 tanks from reserves.

"Everything is going to plan"
#15229372
Rancid wrote:The Russian orcs bombed a nitric acid facility. However, the wind blows towards Russia. :lol:

They are also pulling out old T-62 tanks from reserves.

"Everything is going to plan"


If they can find enough Colonels to drive them.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229399
Declassified images of Russia's blockage on ports have been released.

Basically, Russia is trying to starve other nations like the pieces of shit they are.

They are also stealing grain.
#15229403
Russians have always been a piece of ship group of people. Not smart. Weak and cowardly.
#15229426
Drlee wrote:Russians have always been a piece of ship group of people. Not smart. Weak and cowardly.

People are shit.

Americans have always been a piece of shit group of people. Not smart. Weak and cowardly.

The British have always been a piece of shit group of people. Not smart. Weak and cowardly.

The Germans have always been a piece of shit group of people. Not smart. Weak and cowardly.

The French have always been a piece of shit group of people. Not smart. Weak and cowardly.

The Israelis have always been a piece of shit group of people. Not smart. Weak and cowardly.

Etc., etc., etc.

Get used to it.
#15229428
JohnRawls wrote:So what are your hopes now? Lets pretend that Russia does get a surround in that small pocket and trap around 5-10k UA soldiers there. What next? Does it end the war? Well not really. Does it change anything in the greater strategic scheme of things? Not really also. Will those 5-10k will even surrender? Probably not since this will be a very narrow encirclement if it happens and its almost june. At some point in June or July Ukraine will attempt a counter offensive and just free those troops. The difference is that it is not really a very good place for that so at best it just delays Ukraine long term victory.


It is easy. In this order:

-USA and NATO give up their imperialism.
-NATO stops pushing the encirclement of Russia
-Kiev stops killing Donbass people
-Russia stops killing Ukraine people
-Russia stops destroying Ukraine

Is that so hard?!
#15229433
"Ukraine is winning because uh just because ok?"
Image

Is this what winning looks like? Getting ass blasted by thousands of artillery strikes per hour as you lose towns and get thousands of your troops trapped in forward defensive positions, who will be ass blasted by artillery until they cease to exist?
Image

Where are the counter-artillery strikes? Why is Ukrainian army sitting there getting ass blasted? I thought they were winning?
#15229463
Igor Antunov wrote:"Ukraine is winning because uh just because ok?"
Image

Is this what winning looks like? Getting ass blasted by thousands of artillery strikes per hour as you lose towns and get thousands of your troops trapped in forward defensive positions, who will be ass blasted by artillery until they cease to exist?
Image

Where are the counter-artillery strikes? Why is Ukrainian army sitting there getting ass blasted? I thought they were winning?


That is how a firewall works, you destroy everything with Artillery. That is the reality of war. But that ammo needs to be produced and you loose artillery over time by counter battery fire also.

So Why is Russia starting to use t-62 tanks ? T-62 tanks without any dynamic armor at all. :roll:
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229468
Igor Antunov wrote:I thought they were winning?


Where are you getting this impression that people are saying this? All of the western media I've seen mostly has a mostly negative outlook. The belief is still that Ukraine will eventually get overrun and that it's amazing they've held out this long.
#15229471
Opinion piece from just of all AlJazeera, but reasonable:

Is Putin achieving his goals in Ukraine?

"The last of the Ukrainian defenders in the port city of Mariupol surrendered at the Azovstal plant on Friday. The fact that at least half of them belong to the Azov regiment, created by far-right militants in 2014, offers the Kremlin a chance to claim major progress with regards to one of the officially declared goals of its war on Ukraine – the “denazification” of the country.

Inevitably, the Russian propaganda machine is now excitedly parading all the tattoos and patches on the uniforms of the surrendering Ukrainian soldiers, which betray the far-right sympathies of their bearers. In violation of the Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War, pro-Kremlin outlets are circulating videos of POWs, who are being forced to strip and expose their tattoos for the cameras of propagandist TV channels. Filming POWs, including scenes of their interrogation and torture, is practised by both sides in this war."



"The Russian effort to highlight Ukraine’s troubling tolerance of the far right would be more convincing if Russia itself weren’t coopting them as well. The infamous Wagner Group, a private army that now fights on the Donbas front near the town of Popasna, for example, includes the Rusich unit, which is made up of open neo-Nazis from St Petersburg.

But such facts are virtually unknown to the Russian public, so with the help of its massive propaganda machine, the Kremlin will be able to tick off the goal of “denazification” as achieved, given that Azov is by far the most symbolic example of Ukraine’s controversial relationship with the far right."


But what about the other goals:

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022 ... in-ukraine
By Rugoz
#15229477
Wels wrote:But what about the other goals:


Silly article. Putler stated his war goals pretty clearly at the beginning and it was confirmed by the attack on Kiev, which turned out to be a disaster for the Russian military. Annexing territory in the South-East is plan B because plan A failed.

Rancid wrote:Where are you getting this impression that people are saying this? All of the western media I've seen mostly has a mostly negative outlook. The belief is still that Ukraine will eventually get overrun and that it's amazing they've held out this long.


Who still believes that? :eh:
User avatar
By Rancid
#15229480
Rugoz wrote:Who still believes that? :eh:


Just yesterday, saw a clip from CNN (i think). Some sort of general talking about the eastern front. Said the rail lines to Kramatorsk are in danger, and if the russians destroy/take those, it's "Game over". Literally used the word "game over"

Other commentators seem to concur with Igor, in that Russia will slowly but surely eat Ukraine.

There are some other commentators that are cautiously optimistic.

BY no means is anyone claiming "Ukraine will definitively win and drive Russia completely out." Which is the made up belief Igor and company have about the western media. THey probably aren't paying attention to it, and just making shit up.

@Rich has made similar assertions about westerns media's claims that Ukraine will win. I've not seen that at all, which is why I ask them, where are they getting this from?
  • 1
  • 251
  • 252
  • 253
  • 254
  • 255
  • 312
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

mhm... https://i.imgur.com/qH3l6Wt[…]

Trump hires undocumented workers all the time. He[…]

January 6 Hearings LIVE

We see the content of your character... "[…]

If you’ve got guns in bakery’s you’re a pretty mil[…]