Georgia Republican Primary Indicates Trump's Days as King Maker Over - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Here in my state of Georgia, the Republican primary results indicate that Trump's days of waving some sort of magic wand and making a Republican candidate the nominee to run in General Elections are over. Trump sought to unseat Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger because he refused to go along with Trump's election lies. This failed. Trump also sought to unseat Brian Kemp and Attorney General Chris Carr and also failed there. So, for me, in my state, and for the whole country, this is good news for American freedom and democracy.

Maeve Reston of CNN wrote: Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger will defeat Trump-backed primary challengers, CNN projected Tuesday – a blow to the former President’s efforts to punish them for refusing to help him overturn the 2020 presidential election results.

The losses of election deniers backed by Trump in the Peach State – one of five states holding primaries Tuesday – offers clues about Republican voters’ willingness to spurn the former President’s vanity campaigns and move on from his lies about the 2020 election.

The Trump-backed candidate in the Republican primary for Georgia attorney general, John Gordon, will also lose to incumbent Chris Carr, CNN projects.

Kemp will face Democrat Stacey Abrams, who ran unopposed in Tuesday’s primary, in a rematch of their 2018 race, which Abrams narrowly lost.

The governor made no explicit mention of Trump in his victory speech Tuesday night.

“Even in the middle of a tough primary, conservatives across our state didn’t listen to the noise,” the governor said to a few hundred supporters at the College Football Hall of Fame in downtown Atlanta. “They didn’t get distracted; they knew our record of fighting and winning for hard-working Georgians.”

Kemp thanked Perdue, whom Trump had recruited to run against him, for a gracious concession call and his pledge to work together to keep the governor’s office in Republican hands.

“Everything I said about Brian Kemp was true, but here’s the other thing I said that’s true: He is a much better choice than Stacey Abrams and so we are going to get behind our governor,” Perdue said Tuesday night. “Let’s take a few hours, lick our wounds, and tomorrow morning, you are going to hear me going to work for Brian Kemp and making damn sure that Stacey Abrams is never governor of Georgia.”

Kemp devoted the majority of his victory speech to assailing Abrams.

“Tonight, the fight for the soul of our state is to make sure that Stacey Abrams will not be our next governor or next President,” Kemp said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/politics ... index.html
@BlutoSays

That CNN report is accurate whether you like CNN or not. Your boy Trump lost in Georgia and the same governor, attorney general, and secretary of state that refused to break the law and steal the election for Trump are the ones who defeated the candidates that Trump endorsed. Looks like your boy, Trump, is losing some influence in the Republican party. Maybe he shouldn't even bother running in 2024. The defeat of these Trump-endorsed candidates also has implications for the 2024 Presidential election and will factor into Trump's decision to run or not in 2024 given his guys are not in place to assist him with an illegal coup if he were to run and lose in 2024.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 25 May 2022 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
@Rancid

I think MAGA is dying out slowly and gradually. Though, I could see it possibly revived if a black candidate like Obama gets elected again. After all, Trump was a backlash against a black President. But overall, even if more black Presidents get elected, it seems to be a trajectory of slowly and gradually dying out in the long term.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

I think MAGA is dying out slowly and gradually. Though, I could see it possibly revived if a black candidate like Obama gets elected again. After all, Trump was a backlash against a black President. But overall, even if more black Presidents get elected, it seems to be a trajectory of slowly and gradually dying out in the long term.

Perhaps.

MAGA is actually Tea Party 2.0. With extra steroid and stupidity injections.

Funny enough the Tea Party was co-opted by a bunch of loonies. Originally it was just some sort of libertarian free market thing. Then a bunch of mouth breathers took it over.
Rancid wrote:There's still a whole lot of stupid in America. MAGA-ism will continue with or without Trump. The cat is out of hte bag. America is fucked to be run by a bunch of knukkle dragging mouth breathers.

I don't think so. The Capitol riot and the 2020 election saga doomed MAGA-ism in the long run.

If Republicans insist on betting on MAGA-ism, they may get to control Congress but won't be controlling the White House anytime soon. Plenty of centrists and independents can live with a Democrat President and a GOP Congress.
A CNN article that surmises quite accurately Trump's defeat in Georgia, a key state for national elections.

Chris Cillizza of CNN wrote:
There’s no two ways of analyzing what happened Tuesday in Georgia: Donald Trump lost. Bigly.

Since the 2020 election, the former President has been fixated on his loss in the state and two Republican politicians who he blamed for that defeat: Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

Trump personally recruited primary challengers to both men and loudly and repeatedly proclaimed that he would help defeat them.

It didn’t work out that way.

Kemp is currently leading former Sen. David Perdue by 52 – not a typo – points in the gubernatorial primary. Raffensperger is ahead of Rep. Jody Hice 52% to 33% in the secretary of state primary, avoiding an expected June runoff. (And in Georgia’s Republican primary for attorney general, the Trump-endorsed candidate lost with just 26% of the vote.)

It’s impossible to look at those results – and the attention, money and time that Trump dedicated to the state – and see anything other than an utter political disaster for the former President.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/politics ... index.html
Rancid wrote:There's still a whole lot of stupid in America. MAGA-ism will continue with or without Trump. The cat is out of hte bag. America is fucked to be run by a bunch of knukkle dragging mouth breathers.

Isn't he pathetic ......... :lol: ...... obese AND senile. Don't let Rancid fool you. I hear he goes to bed wearing his prized red hat :eek:

Politics_Observer wrote:@BlutoSays

That CNN report is accurate whether you like CNN or not. Your boy Trump lost in Georgia and the same governor, attorney general, and secretary of state that refused to break the law and steal the election for Trump are the ones who defeated the candidates that Trump endorsed. Looks like your boy, Trump, is losing some influence in the Republican party. Maybe he shouldn't even bother running in 2024. The defeat of these Trump-endorsed candidates also has implications for the 2024 Presidential election and will factor into Trump's decision to run or not in 2024 given his guys are not in place to assist him with an illegal coup if he were to run and lose in 2024.

I think a lot depends on the general election this year in Penn.
If that Repud wins, then Trump will be the winner in Penn. in '24, because they will make that result be the result one way or another. Whatever it takes.

BlutoSays wrote:How is the AC working? I see your upper three inches are still cooking.

It's working great, thanks for asking.

three nights trying to sleep in 85-90 degrees was hell. You never really get to sleep ..... the goal is a sort of half sleep.

Hey! Have you heard?...... Biden sole the election from trump ...... I know it's true because trump told me so 3,532 times :lol:

I'm sorry son but your boy Donald's clown act is getting REALLY boring .......
jimjam wrote:It's working great, thanks for asking.

three nights trying to sleep in 85-90 degrees was hell. You never really get to sleep ..... the goal is a sort of half sleep.

Hey! Have you heard?...... Biden sole the election from trump ...... I know it's true because trump told me so 3,532 times :lol:

I'm sorry son but your boy Donald's clown act is getting REALLY boring .......

You're doing it wrong...AGAIN

Politics_Observer wrote:@BlutoSays

wat0n wrote:I don't think so. The Capitol riot and the 2020 election saga doomed MAGA-ism in the long run.

If Republicans insist on betting on MAGA-ism, they may get to control Congress but won't be controlling the White House anytime soon. Plenty of centrists and independents can live with a Democrat President and a GOP Congress.

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

ISIS wants to create a division between Chechens […]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]