Gunman kills 19 children in Texas school shooting - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15230079
Pants-of-dog wrote:The mass shooting before this one was s white supremacist.

And in this one, cops let Latino kids die.


Hey asshole, in this most recent shooting, what race were the cops?

What are you trying to insinuate? Let? Were you there?
#15230080
BlutoSays wrote:Oh, screaming WHITE SUPREMACY is convenient until it isn't?

Point that squarely at Politics_Observer, NOT "you guys".


Don’t engage.
#15230081
BlutoSays wrote:What's your point? You wanna play numbers?

Shitcago in any given week surpasses it all. Gee, I wonder what race/color that revolves around on a constant basis. :roll:


Seems like you agree that white supremacy is responsible for a large portion of mass shootings.

But you think that is perfectly fine.

And you think it is fine because you support the racist belief that black people are violent.

BlutoSays wrote:
Hey asshole, in this most recent shooting, what race were the cops?

What are you trying to insinuate? Let? Were you there?


Sorry I got under your skin. I did not know you were so emotional.

If you want to know what colour the cops were, your thin blue line turned yellow.

-------------

Scamp wrote:The police chief of Uvalde is named Rodriguez. Most of the police are Latino.


So you believe that Latinos cannot be racist.

That seems like something you would accuse "liberals" of doing.
#15230086
Beren wrote:So schools should be fortified? What else should be fortified then? All public places perhaps? If there's an immigration problem, then erect border walls? Sure, let them fortify the whole country. :roll:

Cult of guns and violence is a potent mix that implodes from time to time, and the young are especially vulnerable, so sociocultural change is needed. It's quite interesting, though, that it happened in Texas just days before the NRA convention in Houston, where Trump also speaks.


Just erect a taller fence :roll:

Yes I said "taller", the school has short fences clearly meant so kids won't run to the street.
#15230087
I was avoiding looking at this thread because I knew it would just be an echo chamber for the traditional bullshit and then get completely off topic. Anyway I looked at the first post and the 13th page. Idiotic.

The absurd conclusion is that the reason some boy with an assault rifle killed 20 people is:

White Supremacy.

White Racism.

Latino Racism.

Something about the race of a cop.

"Liberals"

Now I get that POD is going to claim that parking meters are racist. That is his usual hairball anyway. But this thread was predictably absurd.

The reason these kids are dead is that it is FAR too easy for a person to by a FAR too dangerous weapon without ANY background check or waiting period. And he can do it at a gun show while still in the jumpsuit he escaped from prison in.

Semi Automatic rifles of all kinds should be banned. Magazines that hold over 3 rounds should be banned. There should be strict background investigations for the purchase of any firearm and a waiting period. None of this would stop people from owning firearms. It would help deter boys with guns like this murderer.

Ever since we stopped having moderators on the site threads descend into off-topic chaos like this frequently. We do not need to buy into it though. Really folks. Try not to be a joke. Just try.
#15230089
Scamp wrote:What kind of retard would think another gun law would stop this?

This one.

Here's a simple solution to the problem of mass shootings.

1. Ban commercial sales of breechloaders, lever guns, revolvers, and self-loading firearms.

2. Ban commercial sales of smokeless powder.

3. Mandate that only single-barrelled flintlocks - muzzle-loading black-powder muskets and pistols - may be carried by civilians.


:)
#15230106
Drlee wrote:I was avoiding looking at this thread because I knew it would just be an echo chamber for the traditional bullshit and then get completely off topic. Anyway I looked at the first post and the 13th page. Idiotic.

The absurd conclusion is that the reason some boy with an assault rifle killed 20 people is:

White Supremacy.

White Racism.

Latino Racism.

Something about the race of a cop.

"Liberals"

Now I get that POD is going to claim that parking meters are racist. That is his usual hairball anyway. But this thread was predictably absurd.

The reason these kids are dead is that it is FAR too easy for a person to by a FAR too dangerous weapon without ANY background check or waiting period. And he can do it at a gun show while still in the jumpsuit he escaped from prison in.

Semi Automatic rifles of all kinds should be banned. Magazines that hold over 3 rounds should be banned. There should be strict background investigations for the purchase of any firearm and a waiting period. None of this would stop people from owning firearms. It would help deter boys with guns like this murderer.

Ever since we stopped having moderators on the site threads descend into off-topic chaos like this frequently. We do not need to buy into it though. Really folks. Try not to be a joke. Just try.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for that.

I needed a relaxing moment.

———————-

To get back to the idea of building schools that are better protected:

The fence would have to be ten feet tall, or slightly more than 3 metres for it to be useful. Any lower and a person approximately 6 feet tall could climb it quickly.

Solid masonry would be the best, since chain link is easily climbed, and other fences can simply be shoot through.

The school buildings would have to be rebuilt as well. Most walls and doors are not bulletproof.
#15230107
Pants-of-dog wrote:To get back to the idea of building schools that are better protected:

The fence would have to be ten feet tall, or slightly more than 3 metres for it to be useful. Any lower and a person approximately 6 feet tall could climb it quickly.

Solid masonry would be the best, since chain link is easily climbed, and other fences can simply be shoot through.

The school buildings would have to be rebuilt as well. Most walls and doors are not bulletproof.


One step at a time, let's wall the schools first.

Do you agree that if (in the case of Robb Elementary in Uvalde) the district can save ~$90k a year by hiring less security, this can make the ~$500k (your quote) wall pay for itself over a few years?

Even if the school saved itself ~$50k/year in security (2 guards earning on the low end of the TX salary) the wall would pay for itself in a decade or so. And if the wall was ~$1m then it would be in around 20 years, which is still well within the lifetime of an outer wall anyway.

This isn't such a crazy proposition, financially at least. It may require a large initial investment, yes, but it should pay itself off.

And let's be honest, it is way, way more likely to be passed by legislators than gun control.
#15230110
@Scamp

There are criminals everywhere in the developed world who are armed and even if you have a gun, that will not deter them from targeting you as I said before if they decide they want to target you. For example, my uncle was a prime target for a crime given the fact he was a gun owner. He was specifically targeted because he in fact was a gun owner. They wanted to steal his guns and they did. Criminals are not stupid. This is simply a talking point you are regurgitating that is meritless.

In other developed countries, they have criminals too. Some of them are armed. But they don't have this problem of mass gun violence as the U.S. does and that is simply because of one fact: they have strong gun control. I mean, you know, if a criminal gang like the mafia decides they want to put a contract out on your life, they will do it whether you have a gun or not and they will be able to get you whether you have a gun or not. It's as simple as that.

So, for society to be safer, for law-abiding people to be safer, you have to have gun control. Otherwise, mass shootings like 9 and 10-year-old kids getting gunned down will keep just happening over and over again. I mean, not that you give a damn because you know Republicans only care about money and power, and to hell with everybody else including 9 and 10-year-old kids getting gunned down in cold blood while at school. They have demonstrated they don't want to do anything to save lives and keep society safe.

Because as all well-educated and rational people know, gun rights in the United States are about one thing and one thing only: white supremacy. It's why the second amendment exists. To be sure black and brown people are kept in their place. And if that means 9 and 10-year-old kids in the classroom or black people at the supermarket have to be gunned down by blood-thirsty terrorists, then so be it as far as Republicans are concerned. If the Republicans actually gave a damn they would do something that would actually work to keep people safe like the rest of the developed world outside of the United States. Republicans are incapable and are not interested in keeping Americans safe.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 27 May 2022 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
#15230113
wat0n wrote:One step at a time, let's wall the schools first.

Do you agree that if (in the case of Robb Elementary in Uvalde) the district can save ~$90k a year by hiring less security, this can make the ~$500k (your quote) wall pay for itself over a few years?

Even if the school saved itself ~$50k/year in security (2 guards earning on the low end of the TX salary) the wall would pay for itself in a decade or so. And if the wall was ~$1m then it would be in around 20 years, which is still well within the lifetime of an outer wall anyway.

This isn't such a crazy proposition, financially at least. It may require a large initial investment, yes, but it should pay itself off.


The district has a budget of 450,000$ for security for all ten schools.

If this was reduced by ten percent, the walls could be paid off in eleven years. But I doubt that security would be reduced. Who would staff the gates?

And let's be honest, it is way, way more likely to be passed by legislators than gun control.


Conservatives are not known for lavish spending on schools.
#15230117
@wat0n

I don't think walls are going to keep kids safe while they are at school any more than locked doors. Moreover, the "good guy with a gun" is no match for a shooter in body armor who can take multiple hits from any bullets fired by the so-called "good guy with a gun." That's what happened in the supermarket. Guy had body armor and couldn't be taken down by armed security before he took many lives. The armed security guard himself was shot and killed because he didn't have body armor while the mass shooter did. So, we can put to rest the false notion that in most cases, a "good guy with a gun" will "save the day." Such notions, are just basically, NRA propaganda.
#15230128
Whats up with the police in this country. To storm in and kill a black guy without asking questions, they have the #1 spot, to kill minor holding a fake gun, again #1, to kill a mentally retarded person that is not communicating properly, again #1, to kill an armed murderer they take their sweet sweet time.
This is foking sad. All of it

The guns, the police, the deads, and the foking brain dead greedy politicians.
#15230130
XogGyux wrote:Whats up with the police in this country. To storm in and kill a black guy without asking questions, they have the #1 spot, to kill minor holding a fake gun, again #1, to kill a mentally retarded person that is not communicating properly, again #1, to kill an armed murderer they take their sweet sweet time.
This is foking sad. All of it

The guns, the police, the deads, and the foking brain dead greedy politicians.


This country is a mess.

I also don't understand why there is resistance to just raising the age to buy a gun to 21 across the board. Brain science shows that the prefrontal cortex is underdeveloped even at age 18.
#15230132
Politics_Observer wrote:@wat0n

I don't think walls are going to keep kids safe while they are at school any more than locked doors. Moreover, the "good guy with a gun" is no match for a shooter in body armor who can take multiple hits from any bullets fired by the so-called "good guy with a gun." That's what happened in the supermarket. Guy had body armor and couldn't be taken down by armed security before he took many lives. The armed security guard himself was shot and killed because he didn't have body armor while the mass shooter did. So, we can put to rest the false notion that in most cases, a "good guy with a gun" will "save the day." Such notions, are just basically, NRA propaganda.


Anything that at least delays a gunner, giving the police more time to show up and more potential victims to get away, would help.
  • 1
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 33

It's from Twitter so it could be fake news. https[…]

This seems like a good idea. Why is it a problem?

Amazing story

Settled Lincoln also. Save your Dixie cups,[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

If it escalates to World War III . . . Vladimir P[…]