Peter Zeihan talks at length on his projections for the future. Some things wrong, but interesting. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Peter Zeihan talks at length on his projections for the future. He gets some things wrong, but it's very interesting. His errors are => he assumes climate change will not be much of a problem for the next 40 years, and he believes in neo-liberal economic theories, so for example he doesn't understand that financial capital can be created by banks out of thin air without much of a limit.

At one point he seems to call for economists to be creating a new economic theory that assumes no population growth or GDP growth for decades. No population growth because demographic numbers are already set by births falling over the last 25 years, and he projects will not increase if any for the next 25 years. I'm adding GDP there out of hope. I'm not sure that that is Peters hope, but I see that on a finite Earth, we can't keep doubling the GDP each 24 years for much longer.

Among startling projections he predicts that China and Russia will see their populations decline as they age and enough babies will not be born to sustain things.

Energy, [Agriculture, and Demographics] at the [miss named] End of the World Seminar, May 19, 2022

COLLAPSE of Globalization, POPULATION, and World Order (w/Brad Carr), May 18, 2022

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]